'Child Bride' Says Sex w/Pastor Began at age 9

Or they are so desperate to be loved and accepted at any cost that they will believe a lie over a truth. These two men willingly selected vulnerable people who were broken down mentally and emotionally and left them in a state where they feared punishment if they don't comply with their 'rules'. If they aren't obedient to the lie, they are forced to go through penance to show they are sorry for not being compliant. This further tears the victims down. It becomes a vicious cycle. They make them believe that a woman's self worth is equaled to their performance and the judgement of the cult leader. Anyone in their right mind knows this is not true.

I feel horrible for the girls that had to go through this, and it's an embarrassment for the State of Arkansas. Not everyone here is like that, although I've encountered some sickos here.

I hear you. There's fundamentalist fringe groups everywhere, though. In the deep south, they also have snake worshippers. Not sure if they do in Arkansas, but I've heard of it happening in Texas. Although, not as extreme as having sex with children, a sick person can and will use the Bible to justify nearly anything if they want to.

Also, look at Elizabeth Smart. She was kidnapped by a religious zealot, too. All it takes is a fundamentlist with a sick mind, and, they will use the Bible (or other religious book) to justify their actions.

I hear you. There's fundamentalist fringe groups everywhere, though. In the deep south, they also have snake worshippers. Not sure if they do in Arkansas, but I've heard of it happening in Texas. Although, not as extreme as having sex with children, a sick person can and will use the Bible to justify nearly anything if they want to.

Also, look at Elizabeth Smart. She was kidnapped by a religious zealot, too. All it takes is a fundamentlist with a sick mind, and, they will use the Bible (or other religious book) to justify their actions.

I person usually takes scripture out of its original contexts and twist it around and back again to change its meaning and interpretation. Having sex with minors and intermarrying with family is prohibited in the scriptures. They haven taken it out of its original context and twisted to make it OK for their own purposes. This is blatant abuse of scripture.

Jesus may or may not cast them away in the same way he denied those who were claiming to heal in His name and Jesus said 'Depart from here for I never knew you.' If they don't really know Jesus, they are in for a rude awakening at the pearly gates of Heaven.

Yeah, sick sick bastard, I agree.

Marrying a child at that age necessarily classifies a man as a molester, a pedophile. I thought about the penalties of being a pedophile and agreed of my own opinion that the death penalty should be added to all heinous crimes: murder, rape, pedophilia, etc., those that harm the victims' body, mind, and soul.

There was a news article that Louisiana had approved legislation that pedophilia is now under the death penalty. Since then, sexual offenders who knew they were committing crimes against children fled out of Louisiana after they heard. If all states approve of the death penalty for ALL heinous crimes, believe me.... Every single crimmy alive would be fleeing the US.

Death Penalty for Child Molesters? - TIME
Widening the scope of the death penalty beyond murder

Check more out there online. I believe the death penalty is NOT unconstitutional for people like Warren Jeffs, Tony Alamo and others.

The death penalty has not shown to have a reducing effect on crime.

I think you can find snake worship in parts of the Appalachian Mountains.

I am curious about the Bibles. Are all Bible books standard that meet the church codes and safe or proper language in order to avoid the chaos?

stupid news horrible story bad! that is terrible bad behavior immmoral and shame! lie!! sick numberous!

murder, rape, pedophilia, etc., those that harm the victims' body, mind, and soul.

Death penalty for pedophiles and rapists? Um, I am all for eye for eye and life for life but rape/molestation is NOT taking away life although it can psychologically scar them for life, there's HOPE for them.

And it's too expensive and would lead to many MORE innocent people on death row.

The death penalty has not shown to have a reducing effect on crime.

Especially when inmates know they are likely going to sit on death row from 10-20 years before finally being executed or they keep appealing the thing to drag it out even further for their victims. It's almost like it's set up for cowards.

I am curious about the Bibles. Are all Bible books standard that meet the church codes and safe or proper language in order to avoid the chaos?

If your curious, I suggest you get a copy and get a pastor to read through it with you over the course of a year. Once you do this, you will have a better understanding of the Bible. Outside that, we aren't allowed to discuss religion in here. :cool2:

Especially when inmates know they are likely going to sit on death row from 10-20 years before finally being executed or they keep appealing the thing to drag it out even further for their victims. It's almost like it's set up for cowards.

That is an interesting take on things, but that is not the reason cited most often for the death penalty not lowering crime rates, and in particular, violent crimes.

Back