ChicagoBlue...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not post pics when my husband died. I don't even remember if I saw the obit on the funeral home's website. Just because "you" might do something or think something should be done does not mean that everyone else thinks the same way.

Most newspapers print a small death notice for free and I am not finding this.
I guess I was lucky b/c it did not cost me anything to put an obituary in the newspaper for my mother. I thought it would cost me something but I never was asked to send money.

I recall that words costs so expensive for obituary. It's not cheap. Maybe marks family don't have much for it. I really don't knowwhy.
It's expensive for printed obits because they take up column inches. Standard website obits don't cost the same.

There is a difference between an "investigation" and "positive identification". The positive identification has not been completed. Maybe his family is waiting for that to be complete before they have an official service. Everyone handles the death of a loved one differently, especially if it's your child. I hope there will be answers soon.

p.s. I received my visual smoke alarm today.

There is a difference between an "investigation" and "positive identification". The positive identification has not been completed. Maybe his family is waiting for that to be complete before they have an official service. Everyone handles the death of a loved one differently, especially if it's your child. I hope there will be answers soon.
That's odd that positive id hasn't been completed because a death certificate can't be issued without an id, and a funeral home can't publish a death notice with the death certificate. Since we've seen a published death notice that means the id has been made.

p.s. I received my visual smoke alarm today.
I'm glad that you got your alarm. :)

Is it installed?

That's odd that positive id hasn't been completed because a death certificate can't be issued without an id, and a funeral home can't publish a death notice with the death certificate. Since we've seen a published death notice that means the id has been made.

I'm glad that you got your alarm. :)

Is it installed?

Yeah how else did the radio station get Mark's name on the link I posted .

I've communicated with the funeral home, and they didn't say that the services were private but still "pending."

Wow that's an unusually long time just for a funeral. Even when my friend committed suicide there was a funeral set up within a week after the death and that's even after they cremated him.

Maybe the family is having financial difficulties paying for the funeral or trying to coordinate with the extended family and set up a time so everyone can meet up?

Wow that's an unusually long time just for a funeral. Even when my friend committed suicide there was a funeral set up within a week after the death and that's even after they cremated him.

Maybe the family is having financial difficulties paying for the funeral or trying to coordinate with the extended family and set up a time so everyone can meet up?
It is unusual, yes. We had friends who died in a multiple murder/suicide, and their funeral was within a few days. TCS and I are also involved with many funeral services for KIA military members whose bodies have to arrive from overseas, and even their funerals happen quicker than this.

I totally understand about the financial hardship of a funeral for an unexpected death. I'm sure his parents never dreamed that their young son would be buried before them. That's a heartbreak that people don't plan or budget for. :(

It's not so much that we're impatient for a funeral to happen. It's more that we want an acknowledgement of Mark's life and death as a person, not an "unidentified body" that becomes an unsolved mystery file.

It is unusual, yes. We had friends who died in a multiple murder/suicide, and their funeral was within a few days. TCS and I are also involved with many funeral services for KIA military members whose bodies have to arrive from overseas, and even their funerals happen quicker than this.

I totally understand about the financial hardship of a funeral for an unexpected death. I'm sure his parents never dreamed that their young son would be buried before them. That's a heartbreak that people don't plan or budget for. :(

It's not so much that we're impatient for a funeral to happen. It's more that we want an acknowledgement of Mark's life and death as a person, not an "unidentified body" that becomes an unsolved mystery file.

Mark did say his dad was in poor health , Mark's death could had been too much for his dad and he had a set back. Maybe this what is happening , the dad may not be well enough to go to his son's funeral?

I didn't know Mark, but I could tell he was well-loved by the postings on here.

May he rest in eternal peace and be forever riding his bike.

This is the reply I received this morning from the Chicago PD Detective.....

Sorry but there has been no forward movement in the fire investigation. The findings or results will be made public when it is found or learned. Concerning the funeral I guess if the family feels comfortable enough to have a funeral service that will be their own perogative before positive identification. My guess is it will be at least two months before we learn about DNA matching. Mark was lucky to have such kind and caring friends as yourself and others. Acceptance and closure are difficult to deal with when you lose a loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I think the detective meant a memorial service, not a funeral.

I don't know how likely it is the family is reading anything here, they have much bigger issues that occupy them. Everyone in this thread I'm sure is speaking from a place of grief and maybe things don't come out the right way.

On a side note, I particularly liked the comments from his grandmother on his memorial page. They all sound like good people and I'm sorry they're in so much despair....this has got to be the most difficult period for all....

Oh wow, that's very sad. :(

RIP Mark.

I think we should assume that some family members and/or close friends are coming to AD to see Mark's pictures and reading his posts.

We all grieve in different ways and at different times. But, please be mindful of what you post at this time.

I don't know how likely it is the family is reading anything here, they have much bigger issues that occupy them.

Not very likely- I seem to recall that his parents at least were not computer/internet savvy and/or just didn't like to or want to go online.

Not very likely- I seem to recall that his parents at least were not computer/internet savvy and/or just didn't like to or want to go online.

That doesnt stop other family members/family friends printing pages or showing stuff to the parents. My cousins and uncles/aunts are always showing my grandparents stuff on the internet via ipad, tablets, laptop, computer, smartphones or printing stuff out etc.

I met his dad once back then, very nice guy. Wish knew what the Family want to do to go foward as I would donate in his memory but will wait and see what Family end up doing.

Kai- that is true and is possible though I don't know if any of his family were aware he posted on AllDeaf or know his screenname either. Of course- easy enough with enough googling to find the information too.

You have a point now that I think about it- I, one of my siblings and my father often show stuff online to my mother (she does not partake in anything computer related if she doesn't have to).

It's not wise to say how someone died in the fire... it's a very devastating news anyone does not want to hear about. It is very unfortunate situation... whether he is very well liked here or not, let's have a decency and respect to the deceased. Many grief stricken families likes to have their private time and not want to hear or read how someone died for that matter.

Please be considerate of him and his family... think before you say something. :)

I didn't really interact with Mark that I remember. I think he joined when I was on break. I do remember seeing his pics of Chicago. Very sad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back