Cheerleader

Cheerleading squad is part of sport, because you do the dance, show the spirits, stunts, splits, cheer the team on, and show support.

Here's my lil drama and picture.

fc90f2cb.gif

fc96974a.jpg

They should aware why cheerleading squad picture is in sport yearbook. Definitely it is a SPORT.

You see a video. I did for pep rally on the stage :(

Yeah, I would consider it a sport too. There's a cheerleading compeition, you do compete against other squads and such.

Yeah, it should be considered a sport. A bunch of hot looking airheaded chicks jumping around and falling on their asses deserve to have cheerleading called a sport! :lol:

yeah cheerleader is a sport because they do competion wit other squads, win evathing

No because it's no teams or anything. It's an activity.

Originally posted by kevbo
HUH? it's a sport, have you seen the movie called 'Bring It On" figure that out...

Originally posted by kevbo

Perhap, it is a SPORT. Know why?

Cheerleader is sport, because they got same uniform as other sport teams. They got their own COACH. They do exercise and work out. They do competition with other team. Team work.

That's consider a SPORT like rest of other basketball, volleyball, soccer, field hockey, and etc...

sport? *thinking*... i dunno.. i'm standing on the fence..

some ways i think it's sport some ways i think not..

It's probably the only sport that our typical sports-hating guys can enjoy. Wait... sports-hating guys? Cheerleading is a sport... therefore, they aren't sports-hating guys any more!

Cheerleading is not a sport. Screw the movie "Bring it on". I have yet to see a high school actually have cheerleading competitions, and I'm not counting the Deaf tourney's (Clerc, CSSD ect...)

I don't see cheerleading "teams" going on to state competition, and actually competing for "best cheer squad" or whatever.

And don't EVEN give me this -- Cheerleader is sport, because they got same uniform as other sport teams. They got their own COACH. They do exercise and work out. They do competition with other team. Team work.

The Academic bowl students have Uniforms, a coach. They practice/work out, they compete against other teams, and require team work and strategy. . . yet they're not a sport team.

In my definition. . . cheerleading is a disturbance. Generally cute girls in skimpy outfits doing those little jumps and oh-so-suggestive dances.

IS FIGURE SKATING A SPORT? It's hard for me to accept cheerleading or figureskating a "sport" because they are quite simply "Judged" with no set way of back and forth scoring. I know judges can come up with a point system, but then instead of judges they'd be referees, and there would only be need for one.

Cheerleading ............ not a sport!

Yes it's a sport to me ! cheerleading is more dangerous than football because they got no protection! i ve seen my school's cheerleaders hurt all the time than football players! i ve noticed cheerleaders must have good team work to be successful so its a sport!

cheerleading is a sport

having coached for a few years, i found this topic interesting. i have always believed that those who participated on a cheerleading squad were participating in a sport. according to the classical definition of the word "sport," cheerleading does satisfy the definition: an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess . . . diversion, recreation, pleasant pastime. i didn't realize prior to posting on this thread that "sport" is a derivative of the middle english word "disport," which means to divert or amuse . . . to display oneself in a sportive manner . . .

eternity, love that avatar and the graphics associated with this topic.

Back