Cheap Earmolds @ Costco

soutthpaw

Reaction score
Just discovered that Costco makes Earmolds for $39.99 each any style/colors. They use Westone labs so you can find all the colors on the Westone website
What's more, gal at my local Costco knows ASL well to. That was a nice surprise

Isn't Costco awesome for HA's? :)

I highly recommend Costco for anything hearing aid related. From batteries to accessories. Very inexpensive, and good quality. My daughter also had her mold made there, and it works perfectly. It's because the Audi there (real nice lady) told me she gets paid a good steady salary, and not on commission. So, they don't mark everything up so high to cover her pay. And, because they have an extra guy and gal there to help out, half the time we can just walk up and ask for help if we have an issue, without having to wait a week or two for an appointment. Especially if it is something fairly simply, yet I can't fix the issue myself.

Also another little note about Costco. If you have insurance that gives you say $1,000/yr on a debit card for prescriptions, then Costco bills all their HA's through the pharmacy, and you can use the Rx debit card to pay for it, if your insurance doesn't cover HA's. I used mine to get my daughter her Kirkland 5.0 (Resound Verso). She only needed one, since her other ear is 100% deaf with CI now, so they charged me $40 for a custom mold, and $950 for the HA. Basically, because we don't use any prescriptions, we used the annual amount on the card, and the HA was basically free.

Well it turns out that the nearest Costco to me is over 60 almost 65 miles away.

Love Costco for reasons like this. Wish I could purchase 675 batteries there but cant as theyre not powerful for my CI

Love Costco for reasons like this. Wish I could purchase 675 batteries there but cant as they're not powerful for my CI

I am surprised that they are not numbered differently so that people with a HA or CI don't get the wrong version.

Although many years ago I had a SLR camera that just had a meter with a needle to help you set it and it took 675 batteries that were in a pack with a single battery in it that was something like a few hundredths of a volt different than the hearing aid version. My camera dealer, who was also a family friend, said that it was so close that it would not make a difference to use the hearing aid version in the camera. The hearing aid version was cheaper on a per battery basis and convenient because that is what I used in hearing aid batteries.

I recently rejoined Costco because they pay employees a living wage. I think average is about $35k per year. Also their CEO only gets $500k a year. I am dropping Sam's club cuz they pay employees crap and CEO tens of millions

Well it turns out that the nearest Costco to me is over 60 almost 65 miles away.

Depending on what you drive it sounds like the cost and time would make Costco too high for your earmolds. Don't dispair in a few years they will probably have a warehouse closer to you.

Depending on what you drive it sounds like the cost and time would make Costco too high for your earmolds. Don't dispair in a few years they will probably have a warehouse closer to you.

I have a Costco near me, but it does not, at least the last time I checked, have an audiology department. So, even if a Costco opens near her, doesn't mean she'll be able to get ear molds.

Back