Charleston Church Shooting: 9 Dead At Historic Black Church

Dylann Roof has been sentenced to death, becoming the first to get the death penalty for federal hate crimes.

Oh wow, he has go to trial in state of South Carolina as well.

Double trial.

*welcome back!*....If he's not mentally ill after shooting all these innocent people (who most likely never did a thing to him)....then he has a twisted mind-set....I don't foresee how anyone in their right minds would shoot people for no reason but they are Black....and feel his upbringing had a lot to do with it. Some people are born with no conscience too.
Thanks. Yeah, he hates black people so he killed some in the church. He knew the difference between right and wrong but he didn't care.
For example, Muslim extremists kill Jews not because of their mental illness but because they hate Jews.

Welcome back to AD forum, also RR is happy to see you again.

His IQ is higher enough to be competent in trial, despite about his mental illness, also many people have mental illness like depression and anxiety - that's most common but it isn't enough to avoid the trial due to unfit to defend yourself.

Roof got everything what he wants - lock up in prison and get death penalty soon but victims want him to lock up in prison to suffer enough because death penalty will going be easy for him to avoid the suffer in prison. He will going be harshly knocked out and die in prison as pay to victims that Roof killed black people in the church.
Thanks. He killed because of his anger. Correct me if I am wrong, I remember reading that he was pissed off because he said that black men raped white women and black people take over the country. Therefore, he doesn't have a mental illness. In other words, he had a poor anger management which is not a mental illness.

Last edited:
Thanks. He killed because of his anger. Correct me if I am wrong, I remember reading that he was pissed off because he said that black men raped white women and black people take over the country. Therefore, he doesn't have a mental illness. In other words, he had a poor anger management which is not a mental illness.

Poor anger management is actually mental illness but it isn't excusable to be acquitted due to insanity plea because he is competent enough to know about whichever is correct or wrong.

For insanity plea, you must be incompetent but he isn't, so he got death penalty - he is very competent.

Poor anger management is actually mental illness but it isn't excusable to be acquitted due to insanity plea because he is competent enough to know about whichever is correct or wrong.

For insanity plea, you must be incompetent but he isn't, so he got death penalty - he is very competent.
You are right. I found out that anger can be a mental disorder. RR pointed out that he has a sick mind, even though he knew the consequences. Oh well, he got what he deserved. He knew it from the beginning.

You are right. I found out that anger can be a mental disorder. RR pointed out that he has a sick mind, even though he knew the consequences. Oh well, he got what he deserved. He knew it from the beginning.

Hopefully he isn't seeking to appeal - he should be executed as soon as possible with no appeal.

Back