Cellphone with Microsoft Exchange software

Deaf Mortgage

Reaction score
I am looking for a good deaf friendly cell phone that has microsoft exchange software built in.

I know Iphone 2 has microsoft exchange but limit to one email push.

I am currently using Blackberry but my company will not support blackberry with email on Microsoft exchange. Too expensive individual licenses (political issues). I give up and want to change phone so I can continue to receive my work emails on my cellphone.

Can anyone point to group of cell phones that has Microsoft Exchange? Feel free to list them and pros/cons. That way I can do more researches. I dont have time to figure out if each phone has microsoft, just want to narrow to smaller list first before researching in depth.

More likely will stay with ATT services as I have one more year of contract. I dont mind staying with ATT.

You're saying you want Outlook that supports Microsoft Exchange.

Who's wireless provider are you with?

There are Windows Mobile devices, like AT&T Tilt or Palm Treo 700w that supports it.

under att mobility

at&t tilt
samsung blackjack 2
motorola q9h
panatech duo
iphone 3G
treo 750(wm 6.0)
treo 680(palm os)

unlocked mobiles

nokia E series mobiles
nokia N series mobiles - N95 is very nice but... no full qqwerty keyboard

future mobiles

Treo Pro
samsung Omnia
at&t tilt II (rumor?)

i cant think of any more mobiles... cuz i m working.. ugh...

ps: there are several wm mobles that accept any blackberry connect feature.

under att mobility

at&t tilt
samsung blackjack 2
motorola q9h
panatech duo
iphone 3G
treo 750(wm 6.0)
treo 680(palm os)

unlocked mobiles

nokia E series mobiles
nokia N series mobiles - N95 is very nice but... no full qqwerty keyboard

future mobiles

Treo Pro
samsung Omnia
at&t tilt II (rumor?)

i cant think of any more mobiles... cuz i m working.. ugh...

ps: there are several wm mobles that accept any blackberry connect feature.

Thanks! that a good start for me. I will need to look into it more soon. I need to complete my work first before begin research.

i forget to add another mobile with Exchange Server - at&t fuze aka HTC Touch Pro. it is much smaller than at&t tilt yet it does come with full qwerty keyboard. anyway it shoud release sometimes in Q3 or Q4 of this yr.

If you like feel of Blackberry keyboard and size then I would check Samsung Blackjack II or Moto 9Qh

If you want touchscreen with slide keyboard then check ATT Tilt.

All above have MS Push Mail with exchange

AT&T FUZE? Sorry, I won't buy that. :p

HTC Touch Pro FTW!!! :D

Sorry, didn't mean to go off-topic on Microsoft Exchange.

what do you mean with "FTW" ?

att fuze is htc touch pro. that is what i said att fuze aka htc touch pro in my previous post.

i wont buy either of them because i dont like its keyboard especially numbers that remind me of my very first 8125. it was too difficult to type the numbers in my opinion. 8525 or tilts keyboard is just prefect.

Update from my search -

More specific requests
1. Microsoft Direct
2. Xpress mails (for google, yahoo)
3. Able to open video attachment in emails

With those three requirements at ATT WIRELESS

I have found 4 products

1. MOTO Q
2. Blackjack II
3. ATT TILT
4. TREO 680

I am going to store to feel all four if they have it. I need to see how screen looks and how QWERTY feels. Also video attachement etc..

Cross finger - maybe buy today.

Update from my search -

More specific requests
1. Microsoft Direct

I have found 4 products

1. MOTO Q
2. Blackjack II
3. ATT TILT
4. TREO 680

I am going to store to feel all four if they have it. I need to see how screen looks and how QWERTY feels. Also video attachement etc..

I don't think TREO 680 have 3G support so I would skip that one.

But other 3 Moto Q and BlackJack II and Tilt all have 3G support. I heard postive good thing about Moto Q thou.

Update from my search -

More specific requests
1. Microsoft Direct

I have found 4 products

1. MOTO Q
2. Blackjack II
3. ATT TILT
4. TREO 680

Still not impressed how those three function. Too many buttons. blackberry is very simple and easy to use.

I might go with Iphone because its easy but it will not push google email. However, I was told if I use @ymail as yahoo email, it will be fast push email too.

I am not sure what I should do. Dont want to change my email.

Still not impressed how those three function. Too many buttons. blackberry is very simple and easy to use.

I might go with Iphone because its easy but it will not push google email. However, I was told if I use @ymail as yahoo email, it will be fast push email too.

I am not sure what I should do. Dont want to change my email.

The iPhone have push mail for MS Exchange as well too.

Gmail is set on 15 minute min to check for emails. I know cuz I just set up Gmail on my sister new iPhone and 15 min is the lowest it will set to. I did not look how Yahoo is set but I am feeling it the same as Gmail.

You probably will need to use MS Exchange on iPhone if you want instant Push Mail.

The iPhone have push mail for MS Exchange as well too.

Gmail is set on 15 minute min to check for emails. I know cuz I just set up Gmail on my sister new iPhone and 15 min is the lowest it will set to. I did not look how Yahoo is set but I am feeling it the same as Gmail.

You probably will need to use MS Exchange on iPhone if you want instant Push Mail.

A friend of mine has Ymail and microsoft exchange. he uses Iphone and it work as push.

He also said google is 15 minutes check. I dont want that because I use google on my blackberry and prefer to continue using gmail as my personal push email.

So that a decision I need to make. Should i switch over to yahoo for push direct emails people can communicate with me? Or should I stay with gmail and slow down?

A friend of mine has Ymail and microsoft exchange. he uses Iphone and it work as push.

He also said google is 15 minutes check. I dont want that because I use google on my blackberry and prefer to continue using gmail as my personal push email.

So that a decision I need to make. Should i switch over to yahoo for push direct emails people can communicate with me? Or should I stay with gmail and slow down?

Do GMail offer email forwarding? You probably could set up account on Exchange or Yahoo then have all your gmail forwarded to it and start letting your contacts know you have change email address but you won't lose any email from gmail.

Do GMail offer email forwarding? You probably could set up account on Exchange or Yahoo then have all your gmail forwarded to it and start letting your contacts know you have change email address but you won't lose any email from gmail.

That is an option to consider. Auto-forwarding all my messages from Gmail to Yahoo.

Notice: Iphone only allow one Microsoft exchange email. So I cannot have many emails to exchange. Only Xpress Mail, i can have up to 10 emails account. Iphone do not offer Xpress Mail, only 15 minutes cycle push except Yahoo.

I will consider that as an option. I dont want to flood my yahoo account with Gmail auto-forwarding. Again... good option to consider.

I am still struggling to weight all options. I really want to have sign mail email attachment opened on the phone. Iphone only can open Quicktime while all VRS are using WMV extention.

I hope Iphone can create codec and allow Quicktime program read WMV on iphone. If so, I will be glad to accept Iphone as my new phone for it will meet all my requirements.

Many thanks for feedbacks.

Back