Can't take my dog with me to England :(

Mimsy

Reaction score
Every summer I spend two weeks in Italy with grandparents and two weeks in England with other grandparents. I've been taking my dog Luca with me for the past three summers ever since he was 8 weeks old.

Now I find out the quarantine rules in England have changed and I can't take him from Italy to England with me unless he is quarantined in England. No way! So I either have to go back to home to New York with Luca or go on to England by myself and leave him with family in Italy for the two weeks. But I really truly can't leave him, I'll miss him too much. My time in England will be ruined without him.

Choices:
1. Stay an extra 2 weeks in Italy with Luca.
2. Leave Luca with my family in Italy and I go on to England without him.
3. Come home back to New York with Luca when my two weeks are over in Italy.

What would you do?????

Since they changed the rules and you can travel in England with proper shot records, I would demand to know why they are going back to the quarantine.

And if it were me, I would stay with the dog. Either coming home early or staying the extra time in Italy.

But as you are a child, being sent by your parents, do you really have a choice in your itinerary?

Since they changed the rules and you can travel in England with proper shot records, I would demand to know why they are going back to the quarantine.

And if it were me, I would stay with the dog. Either coming home early or staying the extra time in Italy.

But as you are a child, being sent by your parents, do you really have a choice in your itinerary?

I'm 19, I guess still a child as far as the way my parents treat me, but I think I'm legally legal??

They're going back to the quarantine to stop all the thousands of tourists from bringing their pets to London at a very crowded time due to the Olympic games. It's to deter them from bringing them. It isn't fair because my family lives 2 hours outside London, no where near any Olympic venues.

I'm sure Luca will understand if you've to go 2 weeks without seeing you.

Luca will possibly understand, but I will be in distress apart from him. If I stay an extra two weeks in Italy, my British grandparents will be angry.

What a dilemma!....I cannot be away from my doggie either. Very seldom do I leave her at home, and if I do it's not over 2 hours....

I was in the hospital 2 weeks, and soon as I could, I had my sons bring her out to a wheelchair to see me.....

Believe you have low vision?...Possible they may make an exception?....Fingers crossed something will come up for you...

Believe you have low vision?...Possible they may make an exception?....Fingers crossed something will come up for you...

Yes, I'm going to go that route and see what they say. Thanks for the crossed fingers. I'll let you know what happens. <3

Mimsy I totally understand. I am like RR and Bott and could not leave Marley for very long. Even more so since I went deaf. She is my ears and I feel lost without her near me. Have you thought about getting a medical waiver from your doctor. Just a thought!!
Good Luck!!!

Erm, I am from UK, I was estatic when they have "lighten" the rules as I travel alot with my dog, this means i can contiune to take him in and out of UK to many parts of europe :) with the ease of restrictions on vaccination/bloodtests. He had been to 7 countries in less than a year!! and have always re-entered UK without problem BUT we have always travelled by car (they didn't check much of his passport/checked for microchip thats it less than 5 min check and while IN the car) We are going out of country tomorrow and will be back on sat.... in middle of the olympics... wish me luck! but I am sure it will be fine.

However to your delimma, I am sure if you follow the proctols I am sure your wee dog is allowed in UK as per usual. I have no idea where you got the quaratine from as i have looked up the DEFRA pets travel scheme for you. I have put a link for you to read. I assume you will be flying on approved airline and your dog had met all the proctols.

I wouldn't bother going down the assistance route as UK is quite skittish about having "assistance" dog without an approved legal paperworks/certificate (perhaps not from the GP but definitely from the training place where the dog had been trained to do the job)

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/pet-owners/#a

I have looked for the check list but seem to have lost it! will look for you...

Hope this helps

17BibionebeachItaly16810.jpg

My dog in Italy (Bibione Beach) last summer :)

i also from uk other e,u countries have no problems but states have rabbies in the country and that would be reason

They're going back to the quarantine to stop all the thousands of tourists from bringing their pets to London at a very crowded time due to the Olympic games. It's to deter them from bringing them

Good news! I was so misinformed about this FALSE information. The new quarantine is very specific and has nothing to do with my situation. What a relief!

Good news! I was so misinformed about this FALSE information. The new quarantine is very specific and has nothing to do with my situation. What a relief!

That's lucky. Now you will be able to have a good time without worrying.

Mimsy that is great news and I am so happy for you and Luca. Have a great time!!!

Thank you! I'm so happy and I wish you all the best second half of summer possible!

Botts, For no other reason than honest curiosity I'm wondering how old you thought I was. Don't worry, I don't get offended by peoples opinions.

Botts, For no other reason than honest curiosity I'm wondering how old you thought I was. Don't worry, I don't get offended by peoples opinions.

Well I know you live at home, and are on a fast track through college.

So anywhere from 16 to 19.

Anyone still dependent and under their parent's roof would be considered a child to me.

Keep in mind I am an older adult.

Luca getting readyto make a run for it to the warm Italian water.

Ocean-yorkie-500x375.jpg

The day was overcast and fairly cool, not like the sweltering heat we've been having here. He loves the cooler weather.

Back