Can't find kitty :(

rebeccalj

Reaction score
In August we adopt two kitties rescued from kitty mill? one boy and one girl. Adorable and beautiful kitties. We have not let outside because Vet say to wait until one year old. Not big enough to fight off predators. Probably not let them outside anyhow, but, we discover yesterday that girl kitty (Sophie) hasn't been around. We have no idea how she could get out. Our doors are always kept locked and are not just left open except to let our puppy in and out.

We search whole house. Open every closet and door. Can't find her anywhere. Call outside for her. Still nothing. So worried and don't know what to do.:(

Any ideas?

Hoping she's just "hiding" somewhere and will show up. I've had kitties disappear and know what you're going through. :hug:

Leave all doors (closets, bedrooms, kitchen cabinets, etc) open for a while. Though you checked them, kitties are very good at hiding (or just finding a good sleeping spot). Did you check under all the beds? Dryer? Under furniture? Were any drawers left open that she may have snuck into when no one was looking?

Hope you find her soon.

I am so sorry this has happened to you. :tears:

Check inside the house in places like drawers, unused showers, boxes, under aquariums, in bookshelves, under stairs and beds. Seriously, look in the couch as well. Some cats like to hide there and find it fun, and "safe" feeling. My little cat likes to hide on heat vents when she's cold, and some of them are kind of hidden, so you might try looking there too.

Keep looking outside. Put out some canned food in the daytime (nighttime draws raccoons). You might think about putting one of those cat condos on your porch if you live where it is cold right now. She could come home and stay in there to keep warm until you bring her in.

Also put out flyers with your kittie's picture. Find out if neighbors have seen her.

I will keep you and your missing kitty in my thoughts. Let us know if you find her.

Hoping she's just "hiding" somewhere and will show up. I've had kitties disappear and know what you're going through. :hug:

Leave all doors (closets, bedrooms, kitchen cabinets, etc) open for a while. Though you checked them, kitties are very good at hiding (or just finding a good sleeping spot). Did you check under all the beds? Dryer? Under furniture? Were any drawers left open that she may have snuck into when no one was looking?

Hope you find her soon.

Ooooh! The dryer is a very good point! They like it there because it's very warm. But it is also dangerous! Keep a close eye on the dryer when you use it!

:ty::ty::ty:

I will open everything up and leave the travel bed on the porch. I even dream last night that she come back but with injured leg. It seem so real that I woke up.

She's only 9 months old and very dainty kittie. I'm just sick trying to find her. Worry about where she is and what happen.

We love our pets *SO* much!

My grandma would have told you to think of Sophie with a white light all around her, and see her back home again in her favorite spot, or in your lap. If that doesn't go against your religious practices, give it a try. It can't hurt!

Yes, we do love our pets! Even the doggies! :giggle:

Checked the dryer, drawers, closets, showers off the kids bedrooms, put travel case out on front porch with bedding, food and water.

Attachments

• Sophie August 2010.jpg
    Sophie August 2010.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 16
:aw: What a sweetie!

Will you allow me to visualize her surrounded by a white light?

:aw: What a sweetie!

Will you allow me to visualize her surrounded by a white light?

Sure. I don't like the image. Don't want to think about that.

Here are our other babies.

Attachments

• Chester Aug 2010.jpg
    Chester Aug 2010.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 12
  • New Puppy.jpg
    New Puppy.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 10
The white light is a protective device. It is used to help keep any "body" it is wrapped around safe from harm. I use it on people and animals (only with permission), and even my own car when in bad traveling conditions.

Your other babies are very cute!

I know it's going to be hard not able to find the kitty. It happen to me one time that kitty dissapeared for like 2 or 3 days and suddenly kitty appeared out of no where. We found it in the garage. We have no idea how the kitty escape but it can be very sneaky. This kitty tend to be little scare when stranger come around and will start to hide somewhere. Many time I was in the garage doing wood work project, I never seen any kitty around. So, one day when I went into the garage, I happen to noticed the saw dust have wet spot and I take a closer look and smell it. It turned out it's a urine. Then I realize it must be our kitty. Holy mackeral, it's impossible to find the kitty in the garage because I have many wood stacked everywhere with many hollow space in it. Or Kitty could be hiding in my shop vac, or inside of the machine. You know I have table saw, band saw, thickness planer and such, and all of those machines have big pocket full of spaces. So, I came up with an idea, I set up my laptop with web cam with motion sensor and set the cat food out. I let it run all night with lights on. Bingo, found where the kitty which I never expect where the kitty hiding. I would never find it there. The kitty was hiding in the pool table return pocket. LOL. So, Rebecca, I hope you will find it one day.

Have you check inside the washer or dryer and the vents in your home? Do have any pipes around the kitty could have gotten into ? I hope you will find your kitty . She could had ran outside without you knowing it , so look outside too.

Last edited:
We don't really have vents. I set up travel bed outside with food and water. Keep checking. Nothing.

Sneaker thank you for story. It give us hope that baby will be found.

You are in my prayers. Behind curtains also is another spot and bathrooms. Have you checked the trees outside? If Sophie had managed to get out, she should be home within a few days, she may have found a mate at that age.

check each of drawers such as clothes, or blankets or whatever the warms are where kitties love to sleep in there?

by the way,

try to put dry cat food in the big metal cup. then shake it to make noise and walk around in the house and outside in case.

Just another thought... you might want to keep eyes out on the tree. Sometime kitty do not know how to get back down. So, it's sort of hard to see the kitty up on the tree.

Our cat hid once in the bathroom wall-mounted light fixture. My other cat was found in a neighbor's closed linen closet in the upstairs hallway. I've found other cats in our car's wheel well and engine compartment.

You never know where they can hide.

Our cat hid once in the bathroom wall-mounted light fixture. My other cat was found in a neighbor's closed linen closet in the upstairs hallway. I've found other cats in our car's wheel well and engine compartment.

You never know where they can hide.

On the way out to your car to go somewhere, you bang on the hood a few times, right? :lol:

Back