Can't believe this place is dying....

I recall some deaf chat rooms years ago. I think on chat frog or some name like that. I didn't participate much. Was a newbie to online then and wasn't comfortable chatting without face to face contact. Much better at it now.

Yeah back in the day, there was Deafchat that lasted for some time before it went down... memories. Then there's other Deaf chat and forums that didn't last long. Things change and people come and go. I have not been in any chat room in several years, I had a friend who regularly monitors IRC rooms back in the day but it has since died down as well.

I haven't been around in a while...just busy with forums on FB...(of course)...and Politics....TagDeaf was very successful...until the format was changed...then we all went to AllDeaf...was great!...Until the Politics was removed....We had some very intelligent and "heavy-weight" posters...Mods were kept busy...LOL......and Bans came and went....So...here we are...and How Do You Do?....

What about Reddit? It's a huge social media? Perhaps we need to involve Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit? There are tons of people who actually are active on Facebook. Not everyone is tech-savvy but I bet there are tons of deaf people out there using access to these apps on their smartphones, tablets, and computers. Why not expand the community so everyone can notice? We need a huge advertisement banner to spread the word. Word can travel fast than you think if it's shared everywhere. I guarantee there are millions of more deaf people out there we can eventually add!

What about Reddit? It's a huge social media? Perhaps we need to involve Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit? There are tons of people who actually are active on Facebook. Not everyone is tech-savvy but I bet there are tons of deaf people out there using access to these apps on their smartphones, tablets, and computers. Why not expand the community so everyone can notice? We need a huge advertisement banner to spread the word. Word can travel fast than you think if it's shared everywhere. I guarantee there are millions of more deaf people out there we can eventually add!
Alex should add the feature of all social media posts from the members on this website to keep this site active. I am not sure what this is called....live feed or live streaming? Do you get what I am talking about?

on fb you can chat and add all those you want in the chat as well. Sadly AOL and Yahoo chats have all but disappeared.

I’d like to see a live chat for deaf and hard of hearing. I’ve been looking but haven’t seen anything. I’m on irc and create my own channel for deaf but I’m the only one there. Maybe a live chat section that is open all the time so people can chat with each other instead of just posting and waiting for responses.
I like this idea! I agree with you to have an "open room" to allow members to come and go as they feel.

The reality is that Facebook blossomed. One of the big draws here was politics, and that was closed. A bunch of folks left due to their friends being banned. Some have passed away.

It is part of life that things change. Restaurants close. Stores close. Websites fade out. I come here to read. I'm not big on posting "How's my weather?" and "What am I doing?"

How many still have MySpace?
I like this post - straight forward. I simply just disappeared for awhile - took a break. Then I went on over to Facebook. About MySpace - I'm glad you asked. Maybe you can assist me with my MySpace account? I get the monthly emails. I do not for the life of me remember the password. I have tried to get in touch with tech support for help with resetting the password - No Avail! The same thing happened with my Hotmail account. I lost touch with all of my old friends unless they found me. Opps, I might be hijacking and typing away on the wrong thread? ;)
Happy New Year Everyone!

Back