Canada Deaf Community or all in the USA?

Location...Sorry about that. I go to a University in Toronto. I asked my Deaf professor but he said there is no Deaf students here. He is looking hard for me, helping me find some people but he said there is nothing at the University for deaf/HOH people; no club/community. I bounce around a lot. Some times I am in Mississauga but my family is from the Halton region (Georgetown) so I visit there often.

There are a lot of Deaf students as well as ASL students at George Brown College in Toronto, that's where honey.toronto, Nanelle and I went last year.

If you're in Halton, you have Milton which is home to the Ernest C. Drury School For The Deaf so there is bound to be something going on there!

Get in touch with CHS (they have an office in Guelph) and also Bob Rumball and see if they know of any regular events or socials within travelling distance for you.

Also, the Royal Ontario Museum does interpreted tours the first Thursday of every month, which would be a great way to meet people and find out about what's going on.

Sarahh, if you want to learn about Deaf culture, get a taste of Deaf art, and find out about upcoming events, you should go down to the Deaf Culture Centre in the Distillery District. It's beautiful, and there are always activities going on!
Deaf Culture Centre - Le Centre De La Cutlure Des Sourds

There are tons of Deaf happenings going on around the city, you just need to get into the loop and you'll meet loads of people, and have opportunities to interact with the community. As metalangel suggested, look into taking some classes at Bob Rumball or CHS.

I have been thinking I want to move to Colorado.... Just popped in my head randomly after seeing that.... <3

I have been thinking I want to move to Colorado.... Just popped in my head randomly after seeing that.... <3

LOL

Don't even think about moving to Denver. The freeways are horrible and there are so many people and cars everywhere in Denver. I would not want to live there. Well, anyway, it is the same like Santa Fe and also Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, too. Cities are getting bigger and bigger with many more people and cars. That is bad. :(

I love cities though, I don't like living in tiny towns where I have to drive 20 miles to reach civilization... Hell I've even thought about San Francisco as well, I love cities. I currently live in Tampa, and I'm sorry.... nothing..... and NOWHERE.... except maybe San Francisco can beat dealing with Tampa traffic and drivers.... I've been to Denver a few times and am going back to visit in June, I love it there! :D

Back