Can you tell when someone's behind you?

CJB

Reaction score
Just a question to everyone...

Can you tell when someone's standing behind you? I've noticed some people just have a sort of 6th sense, whether Deaf/HOH, hearing, blind, sighted... If you're Deaf/HOH, blind, or whatever else, does this 6th sense come in handy?

It comes in totally handy. Sometimes I feel the air change or there is a different smell. I can sometimes see a shadow, but for the most part, it's more I an internal "personal safety alarm" that lets me know. Kind of like "the eyes in the back of a mother's head".

Last edited:
The change of wind and smell often clue me in but even when I don't have that I do get a "feeling" kind of similar to the "someone is staring at me" feeling.

Not often. It is pretty easy to startle me when I am away from home. Of course, at home I have Miss Holly Dog to watch my back - lol.

Yes I do 'feel' others who are behind me. Often when I'm home alone and sitting at the Kitchen table with my back to the front door, I turn around and it's right when my mom is about to scare me. She always sneaks in and tries to scare me to 'teach me a lesson to wear my implant so no on can kidnap me yaddayadda'. I have no idea how I can feel that but it's quite handy!

Normally I'm all kicked back and when someone sneaks up behind me and tries to scare me I seldom flinch or wince. I just smile and say "Hi."

But if I don't like the person, or if the person does not like me -- Then I seem to know they are there.

Sort of like when I am asleep. Family and friends can walk and talk, laugh and joke, and I sleep through it, but let a stranger walk in -- I'm awake.

Not sure but I think my mother conditioned me.

There are few people who give off so much body heat. Of course, sixth sense comes into play.

I used to feel them coming up, smell, vibration on floor, movements etc and 99% of the time it made me jump! Since i had the CI I can hear them coming up and can tell who's who and I got them back with revenge! LOL...

What i really hate, when standing in queues is people standing behind me a bit too close for comfort, and i feel like saying "bog off you are too close" but they are not too close... doesn't anyone feel that??

Whether I am wearing hearing aid or not, I still get jump up and get startle by friend or stranger. My world has been quiet and not knowing there is someone there behind me or came clost to me. I don't think I have 6th sense. Gift people have 6th sense, I suppose. :hmm:

Whether I am wearing hearing aid or not, I still get jump up and get startle by friend or stranger. My world has been quiet and not knowing there is someone there behind me or came clost to me. I don't think I have 6th sense. Gift people have 6th sense, I suppose. :hmm:

You are gifted in your own unique way!!:kiss:

What i really hate, when standing in queues is people standing behind me a bit too close for comfort, and i feel like saying "bog off you are too close" but they are not too close... doesn't anyone feel that??

I get that feeling too. Like I need more personal space.

I can't tell when someone come up behind. And I was almost robbed by 2 guys that came up behind me took a hold both my arms! I would not stop yelling bloodly murder! ! They said they were going to kill me if I did not stop yelling, so I yelled louder! The guys finally ran away after hitting me in the guts! I was really shook up when I got home !

:shock:
I can't tell when someone come up behind. And I was almost robbed by 2 guys that came up behind me took a hold both my arms! I would not stop yelling bloodly murder! ! They said they were going to kill me if I did not stop yelling, so I yelled louder! The guys finally ran away after hitting me in the guts! I was really shook up when I got home !

:shock::shock: That's really scary!

Yes, I hate that, each time you move forward you hope they stay back but they never do :(

OMG! that awful. Hope you ok after that experience.
No, I have no idea or sense if someone near me at all.:roll:

I can. Before I couldn't, but after living in a bad neighbourhood for awhile... I get a ghostly presence if someone is behind me.

Back