Can you pick up your appliances from Aaron's?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I was told by someone that you're not allowed to pick up any furnitures or appliances from Aaron's. You can pick up laptops, but you must take in delivery from their store if you buy from them. I would imagine that would really limit their sales if they don't let people pick up furnitures or appliances themselves. I don't know if this was true or not.

Limiting the loss from scams. They wanted to make sure who you are by making hard delivery. There are people out there using fake address, these address often goes to house that is in foreclosures. These rental centers don't have as much power to get stuff back. If they succeed, there will be damage that is going to cost more than its worth.

BTW, I won't do business with them, they usually overcharge everything. Its cheaper if you buy with cash elsewhere.

I think you have to take a delivery so they know where you live and can come get it for failure of payment? I also think a big reason you have to accept delivery is so that they know the product won't be damaged in the move because you are making payments on it. I believe if you buy it outright ( Why would you when you can find it SO much cheaper somewhere else ) you can pick it up yourself and don't have to have it delivered.

Ditto to everyone here about avoiding scams. There's a big appliance store that will allow you to carry the merchandise out but they go through product checks first. They'll open the box and make sure there are no bumps, dents, cracks or any other kind of defects and they'll sign it off as good and require your signature that you agree as well.

That covers their ass in case the customer tries to pull a scam.

Good points. I didn't think about the payment thing. I would ask if they allow for people to pick them up if they were paid in full.

They do have an used piece of furniture or 2. I don't intend to pay retail on brand new furnitures. I was thinking of getting a brand new freezer. I haven't started to shop for one yet, though.

Be so careful about renting furniture from Aarons or any other rental companies.....especially sofas and mattresses/box springs....Make sure they are covered in plastic....ask if they are "new" and not "used"...due to the bed bug epidemic.....Friend of mine got bed bugs from renting a Mattress from Aarons....And saw on the news some people got bit badly by bed bugs from a sofa they rented from the Rental Center.....

Even Thrift Stores & Goodwill have this problem...so I would never buy a used sofa/chair or mattress/box spring....only new....As for Refrigerators, washers/dryers, even freezers...don't feel that would be a problem.

Even used clothing....if you do buy them...twist tie the bag tightly before bringing them home...then immediately wash them in very hot water and dry them also to avoid bringing them into your house.

Back