can u understand sign way too fast?

and how would interpreter pisses you off?

Seems like it dont take much to get him mad. All it takes is one wrong look and off he goes. He seems to be very mature.:roll:

Seems like it dont take much to get him mad. All it takes is one wrong look and off he goes. He seems to be very mature.:roll:

si.... si.... grow up, Jasin. If you're so unappreciative of it - well then how about you handle everything yourself? You don't need terps or any accommodations. Textbooks and long hours at library are all you need.

si.... si.... grow up, Jasin. If you're so unappreciative of it - well then how about you handle everything yourself? You don't need terps or any accommodations. Textbooks and long hours at library are all you need.

:werd:

Wow! This thread is very entertaining... :)

As a visual impaired beginner to ASL, I can sign very fast due to not having quick reflexes on my arms. Neither can I understand sign language that fast.

Anyone can understand sign too fast?

How speed is your sign?

I won't understand if they sign very fast. I'd stand there smiling like an idiot like I did last year at a deaf pool party.
5.gif

My speed would be normal but I can sign fast if I have to but not too fast.

I won't understand if they sign very fast. I'd stand there smiling like an idiot like I did last year at a deaf pool party.
5.gif

My speed would be normal but I can sign fast if I have to but not too fast.

oh, that happened to me too at starbuck :) I didn't understand sign too fast, my other friend who understood sign too fast and she explained it to me, I was like ah, I got it.

I'm same as you for my speed.

We learned that we make sure to let Ddeaf/Hhoh person that we don't sign too fast or way too fast.

Same idea with hearie person who speak too fast and they hearie couldn't understand word hearie person says, like saying, "I'm sorry I couldn't understand cuz you talk too fast".

Yes its the same thing. I am a hearing person who speaks too fast. I usually tend to do that if there is a discussion. Plus I cant pronounce letter "R". So there was times I needed to repeat what I was saying :) And sometimes they dont understand you (specially strangers) and they dont say anything, just act like they did understand.

I'm not the only one who has trouble pronouncing letter "r," even at slow speed. It can be daunting for me.

LOL! The ones I have particular trouble with are the ones that fingerspell at lightening speed, and also keep their hand turned towared the side so that you have to peek around to try to catch it.

I totally agree that is when I get lost too. If you turn your hand away, and go too fast, I can't read the letters. Of course, there are shortcut type words that you just know the shape, but when someone fingerspells, it is usually important because there is no sign for it. Also, I hate guessing how a person's name is spelled. Those things are important to know. But, most of the time, I have no problem asking for someone to repeat things slowly if it is in a small group. People are pretty cool that way.

I try to make sure that people understand what I fingerspelled, especially if I am refering to a person's name.

oh, that happened to me too at starbuck :) I didn't understand sign too fast, my other friend who understood sign too fast and she explained it to me, I was like ah, I got it.

Lucky you! I had no one to help me! :eek3: But it was fun!

Honestly, I can sign so fast. My mom and other interpreter and everyone and my husband said, "Wow, your sign is so fast" I was alike yeah and laugh. I can sign as slow if hearing people are learning sign language. I have to be patient and slow sign. If they don't understand and ask me do repeat. I will sign slow for repeat until they get it. Nobody are mad at me for sign so fast. I don't treat hearing a crap with sign language. I don't want to fingerspelling so fasssssst like Jasin's post. I treat to hearing people a nice and gentle.

My deaf friends who is very skill at speed fingerspelling and asl very well. Whenever she sign and fingerspelling so fast. I asked her to repeat at once time until I get it. If I never hear of new sign to me. I will ask for repeat what is that.

Honestly, I can sign so fast. My mom and other interpreter and everyone and my husband said, "Wow, your sign is so fast" I was alike yeah and laugh. I can sign as slow if hearing people are learning sign language. I have to be patient and slow sign. If they don't understand and ask me do repeat. I will sign slow for repeat until they get it. Nobody are mad at me for sign so fast. I don't treat hearing a crap with sign language. I don't want to fingerspelling so fasssssst like Jasin's post. I treat to hearing people a nice and gentle.

My deaf friends who is very skill at speed fingerspelling and asl very well. Whenever she sign and fingerspelling so fast. I asked her to repeat at once time until I get it. If I never hear of new sign to me. I will ask for repeat what is that.

*fingerspells super fast*

can you read me, no?

*fingerspells super fast*

can you read me, no?

LoL. It kinda can read fingerspelling super fast. It depend on short word. I can understand expect long word. I can sign so fast very well.

I can not see FAST fingerspelling but in sign yeah, otherwise, I'm still learning.

Back