Can someone explain to me.....

Happen to me before many times. F--king alarm system. But if the engine is running and locked door with open window, you can unlock inside, no alarm blare...

Happen to me before from GM vehicles. I don't know why it always got auto locked door once engine starting. I was sick of press button to unlock to get out for check engine, tires, lift, etc. That's fucking annoying!!

I like Chrysler's alarm system better than GM and it's got auto lock when you drive more than 20 MPH. I never drove more than 15 mph between lot parking to shop.

Picture this:

You have a factory car key with buttons for locking/unlocking/trunk/panic.

You have been using the door unlock/lock buttons for awhile.

One day you decide to insert the key in the door to unlock it. The alarm goes off.

You open up the owner's manual, and it says "If the key is used only to open the door, and the ignition is not turned on within 15 seconds, the alarm will go off".

WTF?

Why set off my own alarm when I opened up my own fookin' door with my own fookin' key?????

Is your key a factory key? Is the key a valet key? Is the key supposed to have a chip in it?

Is your key a factory key? Is the key a valet key? Is the key supposed to have a chip in it?

If it was not the factory key, I would not be here bitchin' about it...

Just found out that Mazdas are set up the same way....

If it was not the factory key, I would not be here bitchin' about it...

Just found out that Mazdas are set up the same way....

OK, no reason to get testy, I missed it in the original post. I stand corrected.

It doesn't happen to me with my Honda. I have two keys, one for full service and one for valet. The valet keys usually have different functions.

Happen to me before from GM vehicles. I don't know why it always got auto locked door once engine starting. I was sick of press button to unlock to get out for check engine, tires, lift, etc. That's fucking annoying!!

I like Chrysler's alarm system better than GM and it's got auto lock when you drive more than 20 MPH. I never drove more than 15 mph between lot parking to shop.

yep, I have trouble with them since. Not mine, belong to customers. Dang

Left is my wife's suv (2013) and right is my car (2001).

I used each of two remotes to locked each of them then I used each keys to unlocked each of them and waiting for 1 minute. Nothing happen. I wear aid hearing and I don't see flash or sound of alarm so far.

This is for engine start button system only and if remote's battery died then take a key off from the remote as back up for unlock the door and you will see key have RFID chip and I pressed engine start button and starting without problem.

That's why I was puzzled when you said Mazdas are set up the same way which it was not true.

When you press the "lock" button on your security remote, it locks the doors and set the alarm. Therefore you must use the "unlock" button to unlock the doors and disable the alarm. Common sense.

What's point to lock the door if windows was down? :giggle:

:giggle:

I only did that once. We went to the beach and locked the doors and came back to realize I left the passenger window down. Oops! At least it was only for a few mins because I returned to the car to get more stuff.

Interesting. I would think if you have a convertible and you lock the door electronically, manually unlocking it would trigger the alarm.

That's why I was puzzled when you said Mazdas are set up the same way which it was not true.

My co-workers have 2011 Mazda 3's and they both have the same issue as I do.

The settings can be changed, but all are defaulted to that setup.

Can the settings be changed for any type of vehicle?

I have a 2010 Honda Civic.

OK, no reason to get testy, I missed it in the original post. I stand corrected.

It doesn't happen to me with my Honda. I have two keys, one for full service and one for valet. The valet keys usually have different functions.

Sorry. Was irritated by some of the posts here.

I have a 2003 Honda with a valet key too, it only works on the driver's door and ignition, but will not work on the trunk or the fuel door/trunk lever lock on the floor.

I think Diehardbiker is right, it is most likely set up that way for political reasons...

Can the settings be changed for any type of vehicle?

I have a 2010 Honda Civic.

If you have an owner's manual, it should list all settings...then again, my Honda's manual does not even say that you can roll all the windows down by pushing the unlock button 2 times in a row and holding it down on the 3rd push.

Can also stick the key in the door, turn the key in one direction 3 times & hold to open the windows, turn it in the opposite direction to close them. Dealer told me that about 90% of Accord owners don't know about this feature.

Sorry. Was irritated by some of the posts here.

I have a 2003 Honda with a valet key too, it only works on the driver's door and ignition, but will not work on the trunk or the fuel door/trunk lever lock on the floor.

I think Diehardbiker is right, it is most likely set up that way for political reasons...

No problem, we all get a little on edge at times. :)

If you have an owner's manual, it should list all settings...then again, my Honda's manual does not even say that you can roll all the windows down by pushing the unlock button 2 times in a row and holding it down on the 3rd push.

Can also stick the key in the door, turn the key in one direction 3 times & hold to open the windows, turn it in the opposite direction to close them. Dealer told me that about 90% of Accord owners don't know about this feature.

yes, I did reading an owner manual for my 2003 Honda Civic to reprogramming my key fob to unlock/lock door, nothing help. I got more depth repair information from my work, realized the red LED on the dash was inoperative that indicated security module or door lock module problem or electrical issue. If red LED blinks or flashing then you can reprogramming your key fob. I have no time to check my car cuz my son use it.

Back