Can someone explain to me.....

Push a button or use a key to start the car? Really?

I USE A HAND CRANK!!

Isn't technology wonderful?

Can start this baby easily without even sitting in the driver's seat....

IMG_0559-L.jpg

Wow, haven't seen one of those simple inline 6's in a long time. Very clean, too. Must be rebuilt.

Wow, haven't seen one of those simple inline 6's in a long time. Very clean, too. Must be rebuilt.

It was rebuilt in 1993 and has not been driven since. Had to manually open each valve to break the seals so that the pushrods don't bend. Got it running, but now there is a coolant leak somewhere up front, need to take the radiator cowling out to find out where it is coming from.

Oh, My 90's car had factory anti-thief security system without remote. When I open door. Alarm went off. I put a key in handle's keyhole and then turn it off (disarm it).

I don't like factory alarm remote can be hack as something homemade electric device for break in car.

Also, I went to gas station for fill up my car. I noticed an old lady was panic about her car's alarm went off. I told her use your key in handle's keyhole. disarm alarm. She was relief.. rolling eyes.

It was rebuilt in 1993 and has not been driven since. Had to manually open each valve to break the seals so that the pushrods don't bend. Got it running, but now there is a coolant leak somewhere up front, need to take the radiator cowling out to find out where it is coming from.

Dude, I forget where I go it done, take it to a shop and have the radiator re-cored, worth every penny. I had a GTO that used run hot when I got on it. Once I fixed the rad, I could easily push that thing to 14 seconds down the track.

The radiator is definitely not leaking....came from somewhere between the block and radiator. Not 100% sure if it is the water pump either. Going to remove the radiator & cowling soon...when I have time.

Yes, it is the original 235 in that '38 Chevy.

The radiator is definitely not leaking....came from somewhere between the block and radiator. Not 100% sure if it is the water pump either. Going to remove the radiator & cowling soon...when I have time.

You know that the 235 CID engines were used in model year 1940's but I forget what exact year the 235 engine manufactured. I used to grinding Chevy 215- 235 crankshafts in the past. These cranks have 4 main journals and 6 rod journals. The main journal diameter sizes are not same, 4 different main journal sizes.

Yes, but the core can be plugged. If it is the pump, it will heat up immediately(no flow). I believe with plugged a core, it heats up over time. The other thing it could be, and should be checked first, is the thermostat which could be only partially opening(much cheaper and easier replace than a rad or pump).

Finally, depending on the car, if the heater is plugged and it is not piped parallel perhaps that could be an issue.

Yes, but the core can be plugged. If it is the pump, it will heat up immediately(no flow). I believe with plugged a core, it heats up over time. The other thing it could be, and should be checked first, is the thermostat which could be only partially opening(much cheaper and easier replace than a rad or pump).

Finally, depending on the car, if the heater is plugged and it is not piped parallel perhaps that could be an issue.

He's looking for a leak.

You know that the 235 CID engines were used in model year 1940's but I forget what exact year the 235 engine manufactured. I used to grinding Chevy 215- 235 crankshafts in the past. These cranks have 4 main journals and 6 rod journals. The main journal diameter sizes are not same, 4 different main journal sizes.

Huh, that's strange. I wonder why they did that?

Huh, that's strange. I wonder why they did that?

Same to me. I don't understand why they design 4 different main journal sizes. The latest inline 6 like 194,230,250 or 292cid engine have all same main journals. Early Toyota Landcruiser with inline 6 cylinder have similar to a Chevy crankshaft' odd main sizes.

Back