can deaf persons hear their thoughts??!?!

jamielee

Reaction score
Big debate in my house tonight, can deafies hear their thoughts or when they talk to themselves in their minds?? know what I mean????

Depends....I think in English, but can think in Sign too....a lot of folks think in Sign......

I can hear my thoughts all the time.. if you're speaking of daydreaming and thinking.. all the voices talking in my head.. then I can hear my thoughts. I sometimes sign as well.

I don't think they can hear their thoughts becuz they don't wear hearing aids. If they don't read a book or never study in spelling words, they think only signs.

Lavender said:
I don't think they can hear their thoughts becuz they don't wear hearing aids. If they don't read a book or never study in spelling words, they think only signs.

Really?.. well, I'm profoundly deaf and when I'm not wearing my hearing aids.. I do have voices talking in my head.. but.. I'm not so sure about those who don't wear them at all.. how they think.. I'm curious too.

aah.. ic that's interesting. I never knew u do have voices talking in ur head that's probably smthg had to do with this nerve makes u feel vibrated going up to ur head of ur voice. It's just my guessing. LOL

I guess yes because those who have the same feels too.

I can hear my thoughts is because how to sound vowel " AEIOU " not the sound like " AIEOU " because I can hear it very exactly with my thoughts. and how to sound right spelling word that is how it works with hear with my thoughts.But cannot see inside the mind what it has done with sounds through hear with thoughts and wonders too. That is what I can tell by that too. It's like what I made the quote of issue from the past the progress of civilization has tremendously magnified the power of our senses, muscles, and skills from being deafie. Now that we are adding a new dimension: the direct interface between brains and machines. Although still true, this statement is perhaps too spectacular and it requires cautious clarification. Our true present knowledge regarding the coding of information, mechanisms of perception, and neuronal bases of behavior is so elemental that it is highly improbable that electrical correlates of thoughts or emotions could be picked up, transmitted, and electrically applied to the suitable structure of a different subject in order to be recognized and to trigger related thoughts or emotions.In order of keeps on meditative with experienced from deep thoughts for ears as because of still hearing impaired as a person can hear where it comes from mind's thoughts and wonders too. I would like to sharing with deafia but some of my thoughts are too much confused could not explain clearly. It's not how my communicate doing in proper way with deafia. Something is so different with my thoughts and wonders with deafies on this forum. Somewhat I feel wary of my thougths and wonders that because I am working on my own invention with something that may be able to hear again and not have to be deafie ever again. It is not what I want you to know about it from me until you get shocked to hears from me. That is what I am doing in this my life and I know God has the secret gift for me to show you how I got it from God's gift. But I know you will be mocking of me about this issue until you will be very shocked to see and be able to hear again. I have seen so many ways to work things out for my thoughts and wonders each others. Just wait and see what's happened later in the future. As you see the bible says all the possible ways you will get it from God's gift. In God we trust.Though I can tell by God is awaits for you to be able to hear again while you are still on this life. Don't say impossible! If you say impossible then you will not be able to hear again on this life from God's gift. Just remember " In God We Trust."

jamielee said:
Big debate in my house tonight, can deafies hear their thoughts or when they talk to themselves in their minds?? know what I mean????

ok so more specifically, deaf people without HA... anyother thoughts on this???Because if you have never herd talking of any sort or any sound, how would they know that what they are hearing is speech!? hmmmm, I dunno. I dont know if I am wording this the right way. Would it be ok to say that deaf people think in ASL or SL rather than english? because it is their first language??

DreamyHawaii said:
I can hear my thoughts is because how to sound vowel " AEIOU " not the sound like " AIEOU " because I can hear it very exactly with my thoughts. and how to sound right spelling word that is how it works with hear with my thoughts.But cannot see inside the mind what it has done with sounds through hear with thoughts and wonders too. That is what I can tell by that too. It's like what I made the quote of issue from the past the progress of civilization has tremendously magnified the power of our senses, muscles, and skills from being deafie. Now that we are adding a new dimension: the direct interface between brains and machines. Although still true, this statement is perhaps too spectacular and it requires cautious clarification. Our true present knowledge regarding the coding of information, mechanisms of perception, and neuronal bases of behavior is so elemental that it is highly improbable that electrical correlates of thoughts or emotions could be picked up, transmitted, and electrically applied to the suitable structure of a different subject in order to be recognized and to trigger related thoughts or emotions.In order of keeps on meditative with experienced from deep thoughts for ears as because of still hearing impaired as a person can hear where it comes from mind's thoughts and wonders too. I would like to sharing with deafia but some of my thoughts are too much confused could not explain clearly. It's not how my communicate doing in proper way with deafia. Something is so different with my thoughts and wonders with deafies on this forum. Somewhat I feel wary of my thougths and wonders that because I am working on my own invention with something that may be able to hear again and not have to be deafie ever again. It is not what I want you to know about it from me until you get shocked to hears from me. That is what I am doing in this my life and I know God has the secret gift for me to show you how I got it from God's gift. But I know you will be mocking of me about this issue until you will be very shocked to see and be able to hear again. I have seen so many ways to work things out for my thoughts and wonders each others. Just wait and see what's happened later in the future. As you see the bible says all the possible ways you will get it from God's gift. In God we trust.Though I can tell by God is awaits for you to be able to hear again while you are still on this life. Don't say impossible! If you say impossible then you will not be able to hear again on this life from God's gift. Just remember " In God We Trust."

So if I understand you right, you are trying to make it so you can hear? if so, I think that is very cool! And anything is possible! I think you are a brave person to take on such a challenge and if it is what you want than you should do it!!! Anyone that mocks you is a fool. :thumb:

I hear my thoughts constantly, but what's bizarre about it is that there's no voice to the thoughts, just words being accurately pronounced. This is probably just a weird thing to me, but thoughts in my head are more like disembodied whispers than a particular person speaking.

When talking to myself, I sometimes sign, sometimes speak.

RebelGirl said:
I can hear my thoughts all the time.. if you're speaking of daydreaming and thinking.. all the voices talking in my head.. then I can hear my thoughts. I sometimes sign as well.

Same here! :applause:

What, exactly, do we mean by, "....hearing our thoughts...."? Seems like this question could also be asked of hearing people, too, no?

I can hear my thoughts, I rarely see things in sign language in my mind, odd?
I can lipread and hear people talking to me, with hearing aids on.

Lavender said:
aah.. ic that's interesting. I never knew u do have voices talking in ur head that's probably smthg had to do with this nerve makes u feel vibrated going up to ur head of ur voice. It's just my guessing. LOL

:eek: I ain't crazy though.. I'm a big thinker! lol

Tousi said:
What, exactly, do we mean by, "....hearing our thoughts...."? Seems like this question could also be asked of hearing people, too, no?

Looks to me like do you hear/sign in your head when you're thinking.. that's what i assumed. like when you're sitting down thinking.. how do you think? sign.. or have voices in your thoughts?

Where does thought come from?

How can anyone who has been deaf since birth can hear voice in thought? For me it is more alike feel voice in my thought than hear it.

The one big thinker lol, wut was the cause that made u loss ur hearing?

(still readin'bk2 old posts)

So.. you're profoundly deaf, dont wear hearing aids.. have you ever been able to hear?

RebelGirl said:
Really?.. well, I'm profoundly deaf and when I'm not wearing my hearing aids.. I do have voices talking in my head.. but.. I'm not so sure about those who don't wear them at all.. how they think.. I'm curious too.

Teresh said:
I hear my thoughts constantly, but what's bizarre about it is that there's no voice to the thoughts, just words being accurately pronounced. This is probably just a weird thing to me, but thoughts in my head are more like disembodied whispers than a particular person speaking.

When talking to myself, I sometimes sign, sometimes speak.

I think like that, but I have no idea how accurately they're being pronounced. Sometimes I sign to myself, sometimes, I think or write or type to myself. When I'm at home, my sister sometimes gets annoyed about me signing to myself, so I use my computer and notebooks all day during summers.
When I dream, I usually know what others are saying without them signing anything or me needing to lipread them. Sometimes, I would sign in my sleep if the people in the dreams signed.

Hearing thoughts depends on how they perceive their thoughts. Remember, some deaf people may not know exactly how a word is pronounced. Saying it is almost like thinking it, unless they are spelling it out in their heads instead of saying it in their head. As I'm typing this, I'm talking to myself. I can talk for myself, so when I think of the words in my head... I can feel myself thinking as if I was talking. There will be times when I'm thinking and spelling instead of talking.

Back