Can D/HH people become engineer?

I have a question. People who want to become engineer must know English as a native language. What if deaf people in engineering have to understand English since their first language is not English?

Also, request to take an aptitude test for engineering or career fields from your school counselor. It tests things such as your math and reasoning skills.

If you need additional classes to prepare you for college level reading and writing skills, colleges usually have those available, in addition to one-on-one tutoring.

I have a question. People who want to become engineer must know English as a native language. What if deaf people in engineering have to understand English since their first language is not English?

they do know English because they are smart enough to study it. many engineers right now are Asian and Indian people. Most of them know English.

they do know English because they are smart enough to study it. many engineers right now are Asian and Indian people. Most of them know English.

my friend, he has Deaf parents, and they all are italian. SO he's an engineer. His Deaf dad retired but he was an architect with blue paper, with no computer in 1970s thru 1980's. He has some limited english but understands how to work etc.

It is very interesting. If people are totally deaf who work as an engineer, what can they do and communicate with the coworkers in a meeting?

I know a deaf guy who has an engineering degree. He now works at Raytheon as an engineer. :)

It is very interesting. If people are totally deaf who work as an engineer, what can they do and communicate with the coworkers in a meeting?

dude. they're engineers. they can easily figure out solutions :lol:

nowadays - many people communicate by emails/skype. that's how I do it at work. for meetings - an intern will do the typing/notetaking for me and my work is looking into getting a captioning service for me.

I know a deaf guy who has an engineering degree. He now works at Raytheon as an engineer. :)

Raytheon. the one in NJ? yuck. terrible place... unless you're mid to senior ranking.

Doesn't bmw have a plant in one of the carolina s ? I forget where but,,, as an engineer would be great to work there
Yes, it is South Carolina but it's Upstate. Locally we have Bosch and other German companies.

I also heard college in Germany is free if you qualify :)
Well, it's up to him and his family. They are strong Clemson supporters. :)

Right now he works either at home or in an office at the plant. He sent me a picture of the office from his cell phone. It has a desk, laptop, executive-style chair, and a window view.

Isn't everywhere a terrible place if you're in an entry-level position :P

no :lol:

but I hear a lot of bad things about Raytheon from my friends.

dude. they're engineers. they can easily figure out solutions :lol:

nowadays - many people communicate by emails/skype. that's how I do it at work. for meetings - an intern will do the typing/notetaking for me and my work is looking into getting a captioning service for me.

That's cool. :)

Back