Can anyone relate??

Isabells.r14

Reaction score
Conversation between my sister Morgan and I :
Morgan - (says somthing but I don’t know what)
Me - what?
Morgan - *scoffs* Nevermind.
Me - no, tell me what you said.
Morgan - *begins ranting on how sick and tired she is of me and asking her to repeat herself*

Does this happen to anyone else? No one ever wants to repeat themselves when they very well know it’s not my fault, but they still scoff and roll their eyes. I don’t think hearing people realize that having to ASK someone to repeat themselves if worse then HAVING to repeat themselves. I can’t deal with people anymore.

Pretty often, but not from family members, thank goodness.
If your SO does that, perhaps it is time to move on and seek greener pastures.

Yes, all the time. One of my hated statements is "never mind"

Most of my family and friends have learned to get my attention first before talking to me, otherwise, they know they will have to repeat what they said.

Not to that extent. If I see fustration, I would lay out some ideas on how to get my attention. If they resort to speaking loud (Tip: Never works with a CI), slow and sarcastic, or stupid charades, you an bet I’ll be hell to communicate with. ;)

Perhaps you should get Morgan to wear ear plugs for a day and let her experience what you do on a daily basis.

Perhaps you should get Morgan to wear ear plugs for a day and let her experience what you do on a daily basis.
She just had an ear infection in one ear for like three days and she complained about not being able to hear... I was like, ummmmmm

I have this frequently with my son on the phone. I remind him that it is his fault/responsibility. "Rephrase it with different words, speak more slowly and with your mouth right up next to the microphone." He takes that responsibility without complaint. Maybe I learned from my father-- "Quit mumbling!" ;)

Last edited:
I’d ask what did s/he say? One would say, idk either. *looks away and laughing along w/ others* :ugh2: nice try :squint:

Back