Can anyone help?

nozobo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's the differences between T-Mobile Blackberry 8700g and 8705?

8705g can be a modem tethered to your laptop. 8700g isnt.

WRONG! The 8700g can be tethered to a laptop.

There is only one difference between the 2 Blackberrys. The 8705g is hearing aid compatible. That is the only difference.

Edited: I went to the comparison page. If you click "modem" you will see two things listed. Both have the RIM wireless modem. However, the 8705g has a second check mark, "tethered modem capability 2" which means it is for some future use that is not currently offered. The RIM wireless modem does work now on both 8700g and 8705g. I tether my 8700g about once a week to my laptop.

Last edited:
WRONG! The 8700g can be tethered to a laptop.

There is only one difference between the 2 Blackberrys. The 8705g is hearing aid compatible. That is the only difference.

Edited: I went to the comparison page. If you click "modem" you will see two things listed. Both have the RIM wireless modem. However, the 8705g has a second check mark, "tethered modem capability 2" which means it is for some future use that is not currently offered. The RIM wireless modem does work now on both 8700g and 8705g. I tether my 8700g about once a week to my laptop.

thanks ! dont yell at me that i am wrong. according to blackberry.com, it doesnt say that 8700g can be tethered to laptop in its specification, ok ? glad you corrected it anyway. thanks

Back