Calling all Diabetic

Bowak

Reaction score
Checkin in.

I'm a typle II diabetic. Having a diabete is a bitch.

Bowak said:
u mean boarderline? how can u be a pre-diabetic ?

Good Question. I will have to ask my doctor at the next appointment to see what the situation is. All I know is he said that I am pre-diabetic and with the changing of eating habits and more frequent excersice then this can be reversed.

i think borderline is a proper term, are u taking any meds?

u would want to understand those things well, having diabete are not to be taken lightly. Anyways when u know something share with us eh.

I've had diabete for 5 years now. damm

you have been on dibetic for 5 yrs already? wow

my ex boyfriend is on Diabetic since he was 5 years old. Right now he is 34 yrs old. He is on Type 1

My grandmother is on type 2.

My family dont have any Diabetic only one my grandmother. my grandmother got Diabetic in 1995 cause stress too much to make planning for wedding that she told me.

Pre-diabetes is blood sugar that's ranged from 100 mg/dl to 126 mg/dl. Normal should be 60 to 100 mg/dl. Diabetes begin at 126 or higher.

Pre-diabetes always lead to diabetes if not controlled by diet/exercise.

Type II.. 4 years now.. ugh. NO meds yet.. blood sugar kept under control with diet and exercise. I agree.. diabetes is no fun, but its the cards we've been dealt.. gotta make the best of it. I'd rather have diabetes than some other diseases.

My sis have type 2 diabetic since a baby. She is now 33 years old. Trying for a baby for 2 years, not pregnant yet due to her diabetic. The level of her sugar is sky high and doctor warns her to be careful. Having Diabetic is no life. You have to take your insulin 4 times a day and watch you are eating. Nightmare for my sis!!

netrox said:
Pre-diabetes is blood sugar that's ranged from 100 mg/dl to 126 mg/dl. Normal should be 60 to 100 mg/dl. Diabetes begin at 126 or higher.

Pre-diabetes always lead to diabetes if not controlled by diet/exercise.

Borderline diabetes is word I have heard, pre-diabetes is new word for me.

Deehamilton said:
My sis have type 2 diabetic since a baby. She is now 33 years old. Trying for a baby for 2 years, not pregnant yet due to her diabetic. The level of her sugar is sky high and doctor warns her to be careful. Having Diabetic is no life. You have to take your insulin 4 times a day and watch you are eating. Nightmare for my sis!!

I am sorry about your sister, are u sure she has type 2 not type 1? She seems to fit in type 1. Type 1 is worst than type 2. I know alot people with type 1 and they got it when they were kids.

I hope your sister can get pregnant no problem someday. I remember someone with type 1 got pregnant, by the time she was 5 month pregnant and her baby died so they had to take him out, he was weighted 10 lbs . She can not have kids after that..I was pregnant with my second son and ended up had him 10 lbs and 11 oz. Had my sugar blood check and it was normal and had his sugar blood check it was normal. I did not know this was early sign for me to have diabetic years later. No one told me. :(

The way i got my diabete was really bad, I almost went into coma but i was in the hosp just in time to find out that i have diabete.

I do admit that I having problem keeping up with my insulin but right now im trying very hard to keep taking my meds everyday.

Bowak said:
The way i got my diabete was really bad, I almost went into coma but i was in the hosp just in time to find out that i have diabete.

I do admit that I having problem keeping up with my insulin but right now im trying very hard to keep taking my meds everyday.

Your lucky your alive. Unfortunely for my old classmate, he died from diabetic shock and he did not know he had it. He was so stubborn when he first felt ill and waited two weeks before finally went to er. He died that night from heart attack.

For me, it was stroke of luck I guess. My sister in law wanted to go health fair and I joined with her. That is how I found out about my diabetic. I was kind of upset for long time because if this doctor told me,I had borderline in first place back in 97 then I would be more careful but she told me it was all in my head. I went on for few more years blindly believed in her till too late.

Anyway I am not on any medicine right now so I try hard to be careful with foods and do exercise but stress sometime cause to rise my sugar level too high then I take r alpha lipoic to bring it down and it worked for me. I am trying to take flaxseed, omega-3 in it is good for my blood sugar to bring my high trigcycile (mispelling) down to normal level.

I have Type I diabetes since May of 2005. It is no fun. I am taking 2 shots a day everyday and my level is normal so far.

I am curious what kind of test will determine if I am diabetic. I just was told I was pre-diabetic. How do I know for sure ? Bloodwork lab testing ?

Back