California Teen Leaves School,Moves in with Former Teacher

Yuck.

An 18 year old that has a curfew, sounds like someone wound the string too tight. If I had to guess, the guy treats her better than her family so she went with it like a moth to flame.

The guy will most likely end up in prison and the kid will write this off as something that happened when she was young and stupid.

Shakespeare with a little Facebook thrown in for good measure...

My oldest son lived at home when he was 18 also, and yes, he had a curfew....And if he broke curfew, then he couldn't get in the door and had to sleep on the front porch in the cold or heat.....

It's my home and I make the rules. He's 20 now and has his own apartment, and makes his own rules....Still, he will not come to my home after 12am, he respects that rule...and told me the other day that he had a lot of respect for me. My other 2 boys will have the same circumstances also.

I had a curfew when I was 18, too. Didn't seem unusual at the time. It was also flexible, and was relaxed for special events like prom. Then I went off to college, and we had curfews in college, too. Man, those days seem long ago!

This girl is going to find out pretty soon that the reality of living with a 43-year-old man is far different than the thrill of sneaking around with this "experienced" older man.

I had a friend from HS who married one of the teachers (I think it was the summer after we graduated). When I heard she had gotten married (I think it was while I was at the beach), I thought she had married her HS age boyfriend. Yes, I was clueless in HS (and probably still am :p). They were married for at least 20 years. I didn't see her much and eventually found out they were divorced (he probably found another young wife), so I can say how long they'd been married, but I'm pretty sure it was after her first child graduated from HS.

Now what's different here is, as far as I know, he was already divorced from his ?1st? wife.

I had a friend from HS who married one of the teachers (I think it was the summer after we graduated). When I heard she had gotten married (I think it was while I was at the beach), I thought she had married her HS age boyfriend. Yes, I was clueless in HS (and probably still am :p). They were married for at least 20 years. I didn't see her much and eventually found out they were divorced (he probably found another young wife), so I can say how long they'd been married, but I'm pretty sure it was after her first child graduated from HS.

Now what's different here is, as far as I know, he was already divorced from his ?1st? wife.

That makes a difference. Also, speaking generally, a h.s. teacher could be as young as 23 or 24, right out of college, and a h.s. senior of 17 or 18 would be close enough in age, IF the relationship started after graduatioon.

Depends on circumstances. This one sounds skeavy all the way around.

Many million teachers always broke rules by school district policy because not allowed have sex with student and i knew parents can get nightmares for sure and teachers who married and never told wives,girlfriends and fiancee they can wedding off for example you never know!

I don't have curfew when I was 18 years old and I could whatever I want.

I had a curfew when I was 18, too. Didn't seem unusual at the time. It was also flexible, and was relaxed for special events like prom. Then I went off to college, and we had curfews in college, too. Man, those days seem long ago!

This girl is going to find out pretty soon that the reality of living with a 43-year-old man is far different than the thrill of sneaking around with this "experienced" older man.

Most colleges don't have curfew anymore, especially Gallaudet University.

Most colleges don't have curfew anymore, especially Gallaudet University.

Oh, I know. I'm speaking about way back in the late '60's, early '70s.

My mom and most of my friends' moms enforced a curfew as long as kids were in high school, but it was reasonable - 10:00 on school nights, midnight on "date nights."

Curfew at my university (Michigan State) was 12:00 on weeknights and I think 1:00 on weekends. If your date brought you back to the dorm after the doors were locked, the Resident Assistent would let you in but you got docked "late minutes." If the guy was a gentleman, he was supposed to give you, the following day, one rose for every late minute he had caused you.

If you got more than 15 "late minutes" in a term, then you were grounded for a weekend, couldn't leave the dorm at all.

Almost unbelieveable now, thinking about it, but at the time, universities typically had parental-type rules, especially for freshmen and sophomores.

Of course, some of us smarter ones did figure out that you only got in trouble for coming *back* to the dorm after curfew. If you stayed out all night and didn't come back in until after the doors opened again in the morning (at 5:00 or 6:00 a.m.), no problem, because the RAs didn't do bed checks. This came in useful a time or two for me. :lol:

By the mid-point of my sophomore year, things began to change, and eventually the whole curfew/late minutes thing was dropped.

Oh, I know. I'm speaking about way back in the late '60's, early '70s.

My mom and most of my friends' moms enforced a curfew as long as kids were in high school, but it was reasonable - 10:00 on school nights, midnight on "date nights."

Curfew at my university (Michigan State) was 12:00 on weeknights and I think 1:00 on weekends. If your date brought you back to the dorm after the doors were locked, the Resident Assistent would let you in but you got docked "late minutes." If the guy was a gentleman, he was supposed to give you, the following day, one rose for every late minute he had caused you.

If you got more than 15 "late minutes" in a term, then you were grounded for a weekend, couldn't leave the dorm at all.

Almost unbelieveable now, thinking about it, but at the time, universities typically had parental-type rules, especially for freshmen and sophomores.

Of course, some of us smarter ones did figure out that you only got in trouble for coming *back* to the dorm after curfew. If you stayed out all night and didn't come back in until after the doors opened again in the morning (at 5:00 or 6:00 a.m.), no problem, because the RAs didn't do bed checks. This came in useful a time or two for me. :lol:

By the mid-point of my sophomore year, things began to change, and eventually the whole curfew/late minutes thing was dropped.

Interesting, yup and Gally used to had curfew policy but dropped in 1970's.

I'm closer to junior and when I was at Gally, I had sleep in underage freshmen dorm temporarily because of all dorms full. After 2 months, I moved to upperclass dorm.

Most college, not all have dry dorm for underage freshmen, it means alcoholic beverages are banned for everyone who reside in underage freshmen dorm, regardless on age.

There usually is a pattern of behavior with these creeps. His has now been revealed.

i knew girl's mom was right! but not allowed to lives with teachers NOPE!

There usually is a pattern of behavior with these creeps. His has now been revealed.

This 18 years old girl will treated as child in Alabama and Mississippi because 18 isn't majority age so parent has power to take control of her.

Nope, I grew up in Mobile, Alabama and I still know the state law. A male/female 18 years old or older can marry regardless of the parents permission. A 18 year old in Alabama is not a child.

California Student in Relationship With Teacher Moves Out After Sexual Assault Arrest
California Student in Relationship With Teacher Moves Out After Sexual Assault Arrest - Yahoo!

Ex-teacher arrested for sex abuse of minor
Ex-teacher arrested for sex abuse of minor - CBS News

'I told him we're done': Schoolgirl, 18, leaves teacher, 41, who abandoned his wife and children to move in with her over claims he 'sexually abused a student 10 years ago'
Jordan Powers, 18, leaves teacher James Hooker, 41, 'over student sexual abuse claims' | Mail Online

we will kept update this news if he faces charges with laws whether judge's decision on jail sentence we have wait to find out what face charges on him..

Nope, I grew up in Mobile, Alabama and I still know the state law. A male/female 18 years old or older can marry regardless of the parents permission. A 18 year old in Alabama is not a child.

that true

many million parents worried about their child's safety who dating or not but im sure parents would not allowed dating teachers that not easy!

Back