California is running out of water.....

Angel1989

Premium Member
Reaction score
It is getting bad here. We have not had rain since the beginning of December and that was just sprinkles. January and February are suppose to be our rainy months and so far nothing. We are setting records for high temps for this time of year we are in the 70's. Some areas are already under extreme fire watch which in almost unheard of here in January. We drove out to one of our major lakes and I have never seen it that low.

We need rain but there is none in the forecast.

Just thinking how different the weather is for most of us. Some are getting snow, thunder storms, lots of rain and we are getting nothing.

When we lived in El Paso, water was always rationed for watering and constantly warned of shortages.

Now in Iowa, it's a land of green with water everywhere. In fact today it is raining and will turn to snow later.

This has been an interesting winter so far.

come and pick up snow from Syracuse ny and bring back to you by the way snow will melt then you guys get water.

Yep, it's like a drought of 1977 and 1991 all over again.

East coast had blizzard in 1977, California had droughts... this year the same similar thing happens.

That is do horrible ! I can remember when I lived in Northern California how careful people where with using the water they did have. People took showers together or bathe in the river . I know in the winter you should be getting a lot rain. I lived in Northern California in the early 70's and people where fighting over water holes.

It is getting bad here. We have not had rain since the beginning of December and that was just sprinkles. January and February are suppose to be our rainy months and so far nothing. We are setting records for high temps for this time of year we are in the 70's. Some areas are already under extreme fire watch which in almost unheard of here in January. We drove out to one of our major lakes and I have never seen it that low.

Just thinking how different the weather is for most of us. Some are getting snow, thunder storms, lots of rain and we are getting nothing.
When we were looking to move from NY to somewhere, CA and Colorado were on our list. BUT we knew there was a water problem gurgling up. We could not go there.

In NY, the Hudson River is being "cleaned" (another oxymoron). Up river by Troy/Albany, GE dumped PCBs into the river. Can you spell carcinogenic? It's just one of many major problems being ignored (seen but ignored).

Good luck. May it rain like the dickens for a week. That should stop the flow of traffic for a while. (The Colorado needs water to help you and Vegas, too, if I have my geography correct.)

When we were looking to move from NY to somewhere, CA and Colorado were on our list. BUT we knew there was a water problem gurgling up. We could not go there.

In NY, the Hudson River is being "cleaned" (another oxymoron). Up river by Troy/Albany, GE dumped PCBs into the river. Can you spell carcinogenic? It's just one of many major problems being ignored (seen but ignored).

Good luck. May it rain like the dickens for a week. That should stop the flow of traffic for a while. (The Colorado needs water to help you and Vegas, too, if I have my geography correct.)

Oh, do not forget the Onondaga Lake! It is polluted badly. They are being "cleaning up" as we speak. Pretty much it had or has mercury in it.

Yep, it's like a drought of 1977 and 1991 all over again.

East coast had blizzard in 1977, California had droughts... this year the same similar thing happens.

Yes, Calvin. I told people during last year that the weather during 2013 and winter 2014 will be like 76-77 and 77-78. Seemly, there is a cycle every ten to twelve years. So, we are due for another crazy winter next year here in Syracuse with the snow and out west dry. Uh-oh, that means the 1993 cycle will be here in fifteen years.. bad one! That year we had so much snow!! over 50 inches of snow in Syracuse during the Blizzard of the Century that weekend of 17 March 1993. Could get more. Who knows.

For all of you who want to share their snow and rain.....send it on over!!:giggle:

Droughts only happen every 10-15 years or so. I've lived here my whole life and only remember one drought that was pretty severe. Rain here during the summer is extremely rare, where as other states across the USA get rain on and off all year round. I live in Northern CA our water supply comes only from the snow pack in the Sierras. Southern CA gets water from multiple areas.

Our weather right now is absolutely beautiful, but it is hard to enjoy it knowing this nice weather is causing our water issues.

I totally agree. We need more rain! The JC I went to is closed temporarily due to a severe fire in the area, houses have been lost...it's not good. I could smell the smoke from my mom's house. We've NEVER had a fire out here this bad, this early in the year.

We've had an extreme fire warning out by my college and I'm really getting worried about things, especially if it continues as it's been.

WOW Our local news says that in our area this is the driest year since 1963 and before that the record was 1868. So this is looking pretty bad. Fires are raging in Southern CA.

Please Please Please let it rain!!!!!!!

Here in Chicago, we are getting boatloads of precipitation-- rain and snow flurries. Come, take our water, please.

I heard on the news tonight that the drought is driving the mountain lions into people back yard looking for food and water . People pets are being eaten, one dog was sleeping in his yard and was never seen again. :(
I really hope you get some rain real soon. We had a small drought this summer and the small animals and bird where fighting over the water I had out for them. If I do move I feel bad about not being able to leave water out for the animals and birds .

WOW Our local news says that in our area this is the driest year since 1963 and before that the record was 1868. So this is looking pretty bad. Fires are raging in Southern CA.

Have you tried praying for rain?

3 guys where arrested for starting this last fire by starting an illegal campfire. Disgusting! I saw that on the news this the worst drought in a long time.

Dry + wind + some idiots with fire = fire & home destroyed by fire.

Rain dancing should do the job!

I feel for you. Our lake caught fire. The debris in the bottom of the dry lake spontaneously combusted.

Also hopefully she can do the Native dance like being in the Powwow, but in different way (Medicine Wheel) when praying for rain while dancing. Grandfather Sky will bring rain if he could. I hope so. :fingersx:

Back