CA Prison release of 40k inmates debated at US supreme court

I have no problem with this....as long as they release them in NK :)

I say to release prisoners they should be released on the condition that they be sent to the sandbox to fight against Al Qaida and the Taliban.

I say to release prisoners they should be released on the condition that they be sent to the sandbox to fight against Al Qaida and the Taliban.

I agree, but theres only one prob.... why would they help us when we were the ones that locked them up?

I agree, but theres only one prob.... why would they help us when we were the ones that locked them up?

Because we could sentence them to death for treason if they fought against us or abandoned us. Besides they would be under supervision of a military officer. If you run, we'll leave you to the mercy of the Al Qaida and Taliban which is a sure death or we will shoot you which will also mean death. Basically the condition of their release is fight or die. Maybe killing a bunch of Taliban and Al Qaida operatives my satisfy the needs and wants of the murderers.

Any of prisoners who sentenced to jail for small crime or illegal drug usage so they should be released early.

Dixie, I doubt that any prisoners who commit treason, rape or murder will be released because all of 3 crimes are very serious.

Any of prisoners who sentenced to jail for small crime or illegal drug usage so they should be released early.

Dixie, I doubt that any prisoners who commit treason, rape or murder will be released because all of 3 crimes are very serious.

But it would help to ease our overcrowded prisons problem. Or be like that movie "Escape". Throw the prisoners onto a deserted island out in the middle of nowhere and make them fend for themselves. :lol: It's part of my "New Deal" plan to save America! :lol:

Well, the Prez did say we need "change"....but we're still getting the ol' "Now, Johnny, be good"...and a slap on the hand. Does it pay to commit a crime? In some cases, yes...you get free meals, a bed & medical. So if you're jobless & homeless, jail is for you! And instead of the hand, you'll get a slap on the butt, Bitch!....:naughty:

Well, the Prez did say we need "change"....but we're still getting the ol' "Now, Johnny, be good"...and a slap on the hand. Does it pay to commit a crime? In some cases, yes...you get free meals, a bed & medical. So if you're jobless & homeless, jail is for you! And instead of the hand, you'll get a slap on the butt, Bitch!....:naughty:

Ive been told some people are purposely committing crimes just so they can have their basic needs met because they are unable to find work and have lost everything. "Unemployed? No problem, rob a store and you'll get three hots on a cot!"

You know....several months ago, I met someone (who was a relative of a friend of mine)....who had been in prison for 9 years.....he was paroled.....
He looked really awesome!....Healthy and fit! Said he took a lot of college courses in prison, ate 3 times a day, had his teeth worked on. He was quite "muscular".
He had "high hopes" of finding a job, as he had completed many courses in A/C and refrigeration, diesel mechanics, many more. He had his diplomas!

When I saw him again a few weeks ago....the change in him was drastic!...Very skinny, his cheeks sunken in...no job!...living with whoever would put him up (his family has about had it with him)....

He's headed back to prison! That's a sure thing in this economy!

The thing with prison parolees is often they are released right back into the same area and conditions they were in before they went to prison. When they return to that, they naturally go back to their old habits of drugs, guns, and robbery. For them, it is the only way they can survive.

No amount of courses taken while in prison is going to help an inmate on the outside if he is placed right back into the same situation he was in.

I am told parolees who must go out to a halfway house first usually have better success than those just turned loose out on the street.

At least in halfway houses they are still supervised and given a hard set of rules to follow. Once they meet a certain standard of behavior they are given freedom. Some I am told have the parolees living in the halfway house and must complete 90 days of adjustment counseling before they can even begin looking for a job, so they can better transition from a prison mindset to a civilian mindset. Then the next step is some form of a supervised outting to purchase clothes and to look for work. This may last for a while as a counselor from the halfway house usually takes you to work and picks you up as well as checks with your employer to make sure your actually clocking in for work. I think during this phase parolees have to start paying some sort of rent to fund the halfway house, but they are not yet permitted to move out. I think the last stage is where they are moved out of the actual halfway house and into a shared house with other halfway house graduates and they just hold each other accountable, and somewhere down the line they are permitted to move out to their own place or to purchase their own vehicle.

Back