CA Governor Brown introduces budget for 11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody456

Reaction score
Capitol Alert: GOP leaders: No votes to put taxes on ballot

"I am not open to the idea because nobody has demonstrated anything to me that shows we are going to do anything different than we have done before," the Rancho Cucamonga Republican said. "Voters were given this choice back in 2009 and they rejected it and frankly they were right to reject it. We didn't fix anything, so why would the voters believe you now that you're going to fix the problem even if they would give you five more years of the same thing?"

Read more: Capitol Alert: GOP leaders: No votes to put taxes on ballot

Why did your district vote you in?

He called Brown's proposed spending reductions a start, giving the governor kudos for cutting his own budget, but said it was "too little, too late."
Too little, too late? He just became the governor, so how exactly was it too little, too late? He wasn't even given a chance.

What an idiot.

Classic republican complainer. Brown wants to get shit done, and this clown and his cronies are going to do whatever they can to impede the process.

That's a hell of a party some of you are voting into office...

Classic republican complainer. Brown wants to get shit done, and this clown and his cronies are going to do whatever they can to impede the process.

Which is why they need to reform the government somehow. The politicians shouldn't be working like this. Completely unprofessional and embarrassing.

Which is why they need to reform the government somehow. The politicians shouldn't be working like this. Completely unprofessional and embarrassing.

It's things like this that makes me think the government has to go.

No to tax increases.....sounds good to me. :)

Rancho Cucamonga is a part of Orange Co. It is fairly conservative. Been there many times.

I am glad Brown is going to take cell phones away from state employees. It is totally unessential.

The funny thing is I am currently working on paying bills online to BOE. I have a business permit in CA. I like the part that BOE has started a policy three years ago on business owners are required to pay bills ONLINE only. That saves lots of money on papers and stamps.

Rancho Cucamonga is a part of Orange Co. It is fairly conservative. Been there many times.

I am glad Brown is going to take cell phones away from state employees. It is totally unessential.

The funny thing is I am currently working on paying bills online to BOE. I have a business permit in CA. I like the part that BOE has started a policy three years ago on business owners are required to pay bills ONLINE only. That saves lots of money on papers and stamps.

One small correction: Rancho Cucamonga is in San Bernardino county.

Thanks. I kept thinking it was Rancho Santa Margarita.

Brown strips cell phones from state employees

Small step but at least it's a step in the right direction. I like it.

I agree. Sometimes cell phones are excessive and those services can be expensive.

Other big chunk of state to private business spending: health care for employees. I know I'm opening a can of worms by that statement but honestly I think state employees -including myself - need to take a good, honest look at their diet and exercise regimens.

**nodding agreement**

Other big chunk of state to private business spending: health care for employees. I know I'm opening a can of worms by that statement but honestly I think state employees -including myself - need to take a good, honest look at their diet and exercise regimens.

Explain what the problem with health care relating to exercise and diet is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back