Buying rape insurance in Michigan

Ugh. ANYthing that has to do with women should have a board with more than 50% women on it, not 19. AND who cares if the legislators are for it only 5% of the people in Kichigan even signed their first stupid petition. The majority of people in Michigan don't want it, so the representatives need to reflect that, they need to vote how the people they represent want, not how they want.

Some states are so screwy. I am soooooo glad my kids have already been through all if elementary school and middle. No way would have let my kids go through the Texas school system since kindergarten.

I can't open your link; it's a blank page.

It a law for when woman get pregnant from being rape she has to pay it!
WTF ! So this a law to make the victim pay for an abortion because she was raped . This is disgusting !

It was weird. I'm on my phone and there was this black section on the left, I had to move move the article around to see it.

I'm wondering if this is just done obscure group, and they're giving it more weight than they should. I just can't see something like that passing. But then again I've seen a lot of laws lately to do with abortion that have passed that I never thought would have.

Seriously, I wonder how many people in that prolife group and the politicians that would pass it are also for cutting food stamps, the free lunch program and other services. Probably a lot, and if they are their definition of prolife is very loose. Should be renamed to pro birth since the don't really care what happens to the child after it's born, or the life of the parents. Like what about their life, it doesn't matter?

It's a law to remove abortion from coverage. You'd have to buy separate insurance, a rider, to have an abortion covered if you're raped. That's crazy.

This is so stupid. Its not like you can say...oo in 2 months I will get raped so let me pay for that now so I can have an abortion!!! And when it does happened how heck can someon be sure they will be able tog et that in time or even be able to afford it so they can get an abortion?

Exactly!!! It's the most stupid just in case insurance I've ever heard.

Sadly this just seems to be another good way of getting money not so much a pro life argument. If it was a pro life argument I don't think this insurance would even exist, they would just make abortion illegal in any sense no insurance to allow it whatsoever.

Sadly this just seems to be another good way of getting money not so much a pro life argument. If it was a pro life argument I don't think this insurance would even exist, they would just make abortion illegal in any sense no insurance to allow it whatsoever.

Oh they would love to make abortion illegal, but they can't, not unless Roe vs Wade is overturned. All they can do is make it harder for a woman to get one.

I have never known what side to take when it comes to abortion but this insurance thing is just ugh...and you are right boiy the case having to be overturned for that.

I hope US Supreme Court will block it (if the law is passed) because it's unconstitutional obviously. The anti-abortion group, Michigan Right to Life are assholes thinking that they have power over women.

Not surprised, that is how our government is running..... The more we allow them, the more stupidity they will when it comes to passing the laws giving cops, prosecutors, corporation owners, etc more opportunity to abuse their powers.

This is so stupid. Its not like you can say...oo in 2 months I will get raped so let me pay for that now so I can have an abortion!!! And when it does happened how heck can someon be sure they will be able tog et that in time or even be able to afford it so they can get an abortion?

Yeah women write down on their appointment books the day they'll get rape all the time. NOT! Once again the victims punish instead of the rapists . I have a better idea ,have the rapists get a rider to pay for the cost of a vasectomy . The throw them in jail for 20 years. This could bring back 'back alley' abortions again.
And what if the woman need an abortion because the pregnancy is a danger to her health , did the fools that wrote this jackass law think of this ???

I know some women who carry rape insurance...it's called a gun. And they know how to use it' too.

If anyone has a gun I hope the hell they know how to use it. You can't buy a gun in my state until you know how to use it. You have a very thorough
background check before you can buy a gun legally .

If anyone has a gun I hope the hell they know how to use it. You can't buy a gun in my state until you know how to use it. You have a very thorough
background check before you can buy a gun legally .

And what state would that be?

Not surprised, that is how our government is running..... The more we allow them, the more stupidity they will when it comes to passing the laws giving cops, prosecutors, corporation owners, etc more opportunity to abuse their powers.

incorrect. it's the voters who want it.

Back