Bushisms

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was President Bush. VP Gore quit/dropped ou of every grad schools he was admitted.....

so? just because someone decides to drop out of grad school doesn't mean they aren't smart. sometimes grad school isn't the right place for an individual to be.

that could very well be.

I mean there was rumors/news about it. He does possibly have a brain disease called aphasia - typically caused by drug & booze abuse. who knows...

I mean there was rumors/news about it. He does possibly have a brain disease called aphasia - typically caused by drug & booze abuse. who knows...

i never heard that rumor before, but then again, for all anyone knows, it could be true.

Bush no-showed the National Guard.

ouch.... that's gonna leave a mark on Duray's ass for a while. In my book - what bush did is more treasonous than "quitting/dropping" out of grad school.

if george w. bush is so smart, how come he received the lowest accepted score possible (a 25) on his pilot's aptitude test?

I like to get this shirt.

killbushshirt2.jpg

The yellow t-shirt that says "Kill Bush" in the Kill Bill movie style.

I'd like to preface this reply by saying that I am not a fan of the Bush administration, I voted for Obama, and overall I am quite happy to see Bush leaving office. And also, I know he has had alot of gaffes while in office. However, alot of the statements in the original post are not even bad. It seems that a good majority of them would make perfect sense in context, and most of the other portion looks like it is expected of how people speak normally. Try writing down everything that comes out of a person's mouth in a regular conversation. They will have slips of the tongue, say things twice, go back and correct something, use the wrong words, etc, but it sounds just fine when you are listening because you understand the context and intonation. When transcribed, however, it looks very awkward and unintelligent. There are differences between speeches and interviews, and if he stumbles a bit in interviews, so be it. I don't care much about the grammatical problems as actual informational errors. And if he does have a kind of aphasia, then he should not be made fun of for it. And finally, I find a shirt that says "Kill Bush" absolutely appalling. Although he may be an extremely flawed man, he is still our nation's president (assuming the posters above are from America), and wearing something that advocates the assassination of a president, even jokingly, is quite offensive.

/end rant/

the president of the u.s. should be expected to talk in a professional manner without using "you know," "gonna," "gotta" or "ahh" every 2 or 3 seconds. if a CEO spoke like that, he or she would be fired in a heartbeat.

as for choosing between effective communication and informational knowledge, why can't i demand that my president demonstrate both? i don't think that's too much to ask.

the president of the u.s. should be expected to talk in a professional manner without using "you know," "gonna," "gotta" or "ahh" every 2 or 3 seconds. if a CEO spoke like that, he or she would be fired in a heartbeat.

as for choosing between effective communication and informational knowledge, why can't i demand that my president demonstrate both? i don't think that's too much to ask.

And without an accent, which can only exacerbate a situation.

The president of our country should be very intelligent, and articulate. He is representing our country to the rest of the world.

that is why majority of Americans voted for Bush. They loved his "Texan plain-talk" style. To be honest - I do too. I wouldn't mind him being my neighbor or a friend even though he was a lousy-ass President. Blame the Americans for voting him, not him. He simply ran the race like everybody else.

I think at that time - people were fed up with "bureaucratic elitist" attitude. Looks like they learned their lesson. It's best to hire an effective & intelligent communicator than "heeyyy i feel ya!" person.

that is why majority of Americans voted for Bush. They loved his "Texan plain-talk" style. To be honest - I do too. I wouldn't mind him being my neighbor or a friend even though he was a lousy-ass President. Blame the Americans for voting him, not him. He simply ran the race like everybody else.

I think at that time - people were fed up with "bureaucratic elitist" attitude. Looks like they learned their lesson. It's best to hire an effective & intelligent communicator than "heeyyy i feel ya!" person.

i couldn't agree more with the bolded statement.

i never voted for george w. bush, so i can complain about him all i want. :giggle:

every time i hear george w. bush talk, it makes me long for the days of "the great communicator," ronald reagan.

I never voted for him either. he didn't seem right and sure enough he isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back