Bullying

saywhatkid

Huked on fonix werx!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Source: Bullied Teen Leaves Behind Chilling Video - Yahoo! News

A teenager posted a heartbreaking video on YouTube chronicling years of bullying in school and online, cutting and humiliation up until she died this week.

Amanda Todd, 15, posted the video called "My story: Struggling, bullying, suicide, self harm" on Sept. 7 and was found dead in her home town of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, just over a month later.

"Hello, I've decided to tell you about my never ending story," the black and white video begins. Todd can only be seen from her nose down for most of the video, occasionally moving around so that her face is visible. She silently tells her story through a series of white cards with black marker writing on them.

She describes using webcam chats to meet and talk to new people online as a seventh grade student. She said that people told her she was "stunning, beautiful, perfect" and a man pressured her to flash her chest. One year later, she did.

Todd received a Facebook message from a man she did not know saying that if she did not "put on a show" for him, he would send the photo of her chest to everyone. Over Christmas break, Todd said police came to her house at 4 a.m. to tell her that the photo had been sent to everyone.

"I then got really sick and got anxiety, major depression and panic disorders," she wrote. "I then moved and got into drugs and alcohol."

A year after moving, Todd said things were going better until the man on Facebook came back and used the photo of her chest as his profile picture. Todd said she "cried every night, lost all my friends and respect people had for me again."

"I can never get that photo back," she wrote. "It's out there forever."

She described being called names, eating lunch alone and resorting to cutting herself. She also told the story of an incident where she made a "huge mistake" and "hooked up" with a boy at her school who had a girlfriend, but who she believed really liked her.

A week later, she said she received a text message telling her to get out of school and then a group of students, led by the boy's girlfriend, surrounded her at school and said, "Look around, nobody likes you."

"A guy then yelled, 'Just punch her already,' so [the girlfriend] did," Todd wrote. "She threw me to the ground and punched me several times. Kids filmed it. I was all alone and left on the ground."

Todd said she "wanted to die so bad" when her dad found her in a ditch. She drank bleach when she went home and had to be rushed to the hospital to have her stomach pumped, she said.

"After I got home, all I saw was on Facebook--'She deserved it. Did you wash the mud out of your hair? I hope she's dead,'" she wrote.

Todd moved to another school in another city, but said the torture followed her through Facebook. Students posted photos of ditches and suggested she try another bleach.

"Every day, I think, why am I still here?" she asked towards the end of the video. "I'm stuck. What's left of me now? Nothing stops. I have nobody. I need someone. My name is Amanda Todd."

Authorities were called to a residence in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, just before 6 p.m. on Oct. 10 to investigate the sudden death of the tormented teenager.

While authorities have not officially called the death a suicide, Cpl. Jamie Chung of the Coquitlam Royal Canadian Mounted Police said in a statement, "At this time it has been determined that the teen's death was not suspicious in nature and that foul play was not a factor."

The coroner is investigating the death, police said.

Teenager Documents Bullying and Abuse Before Her Death

Todd said in her video that she did not want to press charges against the girl who beat her up because she ?wanted to move on? when she moved to another city and school.

Police did not immediately respond to ABCNews.com's question whether there was a probe into the man who used Todd's Facebook photo in an effort to exploit her and then made it public.

Todd's family has declined to speak, but Cheryl Quinton, spokeswoman for the Coquitlam School District, told ABCNews.com, "The family was wanting to pass along that several supports were in place for their daughter on the school, home and community levels. There was a lot of intervention and a lot of support. I know that is the message that they want to convey."

Todd was in the tenth grade at the Coquitlam Alternate Basic Education School when she died. School officials would not release the name of her previous school.

Quinton said the death has been "very devastating" to the small school where resources are being provided to students in regards to suicide prevention and bullying.

"We typically, as a school district, don't talk about such deaths but with the family's endorsement we did choose to do so because it is important to point out the dangers associated with social media and cyber-bullying," Quinton said

yea I read about it this morning. she committed suicide just 2 days ago... dammit... :(

So, so sad. I wonder how much her parents tried to help her. She needed to have NO access to Facebook. Also the cops should have been called when this monster posted her picture of her boobs.

RR made me cry too. Having two daughters I definitely count my blessings that they are happy with their lives.

I hope they find these "kids" who did this to her. She was a minor and parents need ro be involved in their lives.

Sad, so, so sad!!!!

How horrible ! I hope every kid that bullies her has the most horrible life and rot in Hell!

What I find disturbing is not only did the kids that bullied her have a serious issue but how did NO one decide or try to intervene for her. I don't just mean counseling but serious help. She was also a cutter and a cheerleader. There is no way that someone didn't notice that...makes me sad to think no one really gave a shit it seems for this girl.

I remember being a kid in school...and hating my life. I was bullied until the day I graduated. I went to a very small school in Eastern, PA (Catasauqua) and everyone in my school was very German. I am Puerto Rican and Spanish, so naturally I am darker...I remember being told it was b/c my blood was dirty. My parents are bi-racial and being told I was a sin against God to be breathing...I tried everything to "fit in" dyed my brown hair - blonde...get blue and green contacts to hide my dark brown eyes...Stopped eating for weeks to get rid of my "fat" curves and conform to the tall willowy form that I was told was beautiful...I used drugs, got into fights...cut myself...and BEGGED my parents to let me home school.

I think, a lot of the times parents don't think that bullying is a "big deal'. I remember my parents telling me to "get over it" or "don't be so sensitive" - but even as an adult, now 30 I struggle with self image and self worth issues.

It is a real problem facing today's youth. It breaks my heart that this angel was lost...

I think all of us have been bullied at some point in life. I am of a different age when people did not have the same media resources to document the end of their lives, the despair they feel, the isolation. I wonder how many people I knew were in the dire straits that we see now displayed on YouTube and other places.

I think all of us have been bullied at some point in life. I am of a different age when people did not have the same media resources to document the end of their lives, the despair they feel, the isolation. I wonder how many people I knew were in the dire straits that we see now displayed on YouTube and other places.

I had the joy of being bullied all through school, at every stage, and the thrill of being bullied again in the work place. Great stuff....it's hard for anyone to go through, makes me wonder how I did...my heart goes out to every child dealing with it.

Laura

I was victim of bullying at high school and it wasn't fun at all.

My family saved me from commit suicide because of fed up with horrible bullying.

I saw on newspaper I shocked.. It is sadly! that is very sadly not jokes!

That is not jokes!

Tragic...

Source: Ottawa Citizen

Adults on the internet stalking children should be punished severely.
Children at school is a whole different thing.
I hope that this tragedy is used in schools in order to help the 1000s of children that are being bullied right now.

That video was very sad. I really wish she had intervention before all of this.

I was bullied growing up too - I mentioned some of the more severe bullying in another thread and will not go there in this thread.

But, I got over it because someone intervened. Regarding this video - I am just at a loss for words. :(

Wow, that's so sad. :aw: I understand fully it's very tough to be teenager. Yes, her boobs pic is out there forever...the pic will get old and people will forget it. I'd like to meet the guy who told his gf punch her already. :mad2: I'd dare his gf to tell him to punch me. I dont care if he got 10 friends with him. I'll get my bat! It only takes ONE person to destroy your life. :eek: I refuse to self-destruct myself...nah! Dont like's me? Forget you!

:( Most of us are adults, do our best to keep our eyes on younger people and remind them what out there in life is tough but dont give up and keep going and do what they can do with the life.

the guy who stalked her is sick because he would continue to do other girls. :(

Wirelessly posted

That's horrible, teenagers have it hard these days. Now excuse for any teen to bully someone bec of appearance or others. If you don't like someone learn to talk to them or simply avoid them and let them be. People deserve respect and people need to learn how act right.

I remember being a kid in school...and hating my life. I was bullied until the day I graduated. I went to a very small school in Eastern, PA (Catasauqua) and everyone in my school was very German. I am Puerto Rican and Spanish, so naturally I am darker...I remember being told it was b/c my blood was dirty. My parents are bi-racial and being told I was a sin against God to be breathing...I tried everything to "fit in" dyed my brown hair - blonde...get blue and green contacts to hide my dark brown eyes...Stopped eating for weeks to get rid of my "fat" curves and conform to the tall willowy form that I was told was beautiful...I used drugs, got into fights...cut myself...and BEGGED my parents to let me home school.

I think, a lot of the times parents don't think that bullying is a "big deal'. I remember my parents telling me to "get over it" or "don't be so sensitive" - but even as an adult, now 30 I struggle with self image and self worth issues.

It is a real problem facing today's youth. It breaks my heart that this angel was lost...

I was bullied as well because I was small and thin, with my disabilities (whatever you want to call them) Kids kept jumping me, bullying and so on... One day My dad ( heavyweight boxer ) told me, Son, Im gonna teach you to fight and I want you to use it but for the right reasons, dont worry about getting in trouble at school, you finnish what they start and they wont bother you anymore... and it worked. I was called into the office or held after school, but when my dad came up and talked to the school about the kids picking on me and they werent doing anything about it that I will from that point on. My principle was my dads boxing coach so he knew what I could be capable of doing. I hated to fight but when it came to that point I gave them a fair warning first. You kick my butt, big deal you did it again, I kick your butt, youre gonna look pretty stupid in front of all your friends. It was in Highschool that the battle finally happened and I was never messed with after that day, words spread fast. But some kids are not as fortunate as I have stood up for others years later and one was on the job with the city. But in all, kids shouldnt have to fight because they have a disability or just because they arent as cool, some of those kids could be your best friend for life if only you got to truely know them... and I was one of those kids getting bullied years ago.

Back