British Sign Language

Julzz

Reaction score
I'm hearing and qualified in BSL 1 and wishing to make new friends to expand my vocabulary in individualised signs. Drop me a message?

Hey, Do you fancy chatting sometime?
I have Skype be good to start a conversation i'm nearly at level 2 now..
speak soon

Last edited:
Hey, Do you fancy chatting sometime?
I have Skype be good to start a conversation i'm nearly at level 2 now..
speak soon

Sadly, I don't use skype but there are many other members who do. There's also a forum post about a study group floating about, so you could always try there? :)

Ok, what do you use instead of Skype?

Are you deaf or hearing?

Thanks for the info!

Ok, what do you use instead of Skype?

Are you deaf or hearing?

Thanks for the info!

I don't really use anything like that, I have bad anxiety issues.

I am deaf. But you will find loads of hearing people here too.

No problem at all, glad I can help! We're all pretty friendly round here at All Deaf, so feel free to ask away! :)

I have to be honest I'm really struggling with the website not sure where to begin in what forums.

Well it was nice chatting if u ever change your mind let me know I'm quite easy going person and able to have a relaxed conversation.

Hey, maybe you can tell me if there is a distinct difference in BSL and ASL? One of my deaf British buddies was asking but Im not qualified to answer that!

Hi, BSL and ASL have a few differences example alphabet signed on one hand for ASL and both hands for BSL.. Signs are different however overall the structure is the same for both languages. It's difficult in learning and understanding sign. hearing people have their own terminology for explaining things and using slang words well it's the same in deaf culture (correct me if I'm wrong)
It can be quite overwhelming of to much of the same information with different formats I live in England and here we have different signs in different towns just a few miles away from each other.. Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and London etc this is found all over the world.

You should learn sign?

Hey Hoichi,

Started a new job and we were required to be trained I'm BSL.

I found my training really interesting and want to continue with higher grades in BSL but i don't just want to sign during my time at work and environment. Want to sign away from working hours etc and learn new individualised signs that's why I'm on a mission to find some new friends..

Thanks

I am just starting my BSL level 1 and would very much like a friend to practice with not sure how to do skype but if you could run me through it im willing to try

Sure sounds great.. Maybe we can Skype next week some time?

Are you based in England?

Hi Julzz,

I'm currently studying BSL level 3 and looking for people to skype with. Do you still want to skype? :)

Hey @Jojo Jez ,

This poster hasn't been online in months, but there are a couple of BSL signers around who may want to help you out :)

Be sure to stick around ;)

Back