Brickfest Pics

Argh! You missed me! A lot of the pictures you took, I'm out of the pictures by a few pixels! :(

For the Pep Rally, I'm off a few pixels to the left or right of some pictures... I'm standing near the exit door. For the bus loading, I'm a few pixels to the right... I'm standing right outside the door. For the Post Party, I'm a few pixels to the left or right of some pictures... I'm co-hosting the Sumo Wrestling event.

Argh!

VamPyroX said:
Argh! You missed me! A lot of the pictures you took, I'm out of the pictures by a few pixels! :(

For the Pep Rally, I'm off a few pixels to the left or right of some pictures... I'm standing near the exit door. For the bus loading, I'm a few pixels to the right... I'm standing right outside the door. For the Post Party, I'm a few pixels to the left or right of some pictures... I'm co-hosting the Sumo Wrestling event.

Argh!

i guess our dear ole matty doesn't know how to point/aim his focus on his camera! :rofl:

Hey, Matt your Canon camera takes wonderful pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time! :thumb:

FeistyChick, get Canon camera! I have digital Canon PowerShot G2 since 2002 and I la-a-a-rv it!

Cool pix's! It brings back my memories of my time at NTID/RIT... when I first entered there 25 years ago!!!!

Spotted some former San Diegans. :-D My friend from Gally said she was worn out from the event.

Wouldn't mind going there somebody when I am on the same coast as these -fests! ;-)

(Brickfest, Rockfest, and... one more or that's it?)

Thanks everyone. I had bought a new lens to try. It was only a $75 lens. There were a few problems with the shooting which I will learn with experience.

-Too much noise at the high ISO. Upgrading to a Canon 20D would solve this.
-New lens was slow to focus. Upgrading to the $350 version would solve that.
-Double and triple check all settings and switches. At one point, I accidently flipped the switch on one of them from AF (autofocus) to MF (manual focus).
-Take team pics with a tripod and and lower ISO so they can come out better for printing out.

Awesome pictures you took Matt, I think you take better pictures that I do....I'm glad that you had a great time, looks like everyone did ;)...

Wtf? I thought Brickfest is a convention for LEGO Adults but also a deaf meeting? Plese explains why they come up with 'Brickfest'? I'm confused.

Last edited:
Deathpit said:
Wtf? I thought Brickfest is a convention for LEGO Adults but also a deaf meeting? Plese explains why they come up with 'Brickfest'? I'm confused.

NTID is made of bricks and maybe thats why it is called Brickfest. :lol:

tekkmortal said:
NTID is made of bricks and maybe thats why it is called Brickfest. :lol:

LOL, Good reason to call it 'Brickfest'....When I notice "Brickfest" topic and something pop in my mind: "hey, someone's deaf really goes to Brickfest and bring back the photos of cool creations! I'll check them out!" And turn out it's deaf convention with same name... :sad:
Brickfest is also another convention for adult fans of LEGO with their creations held in Arlington, VA. I dont know that deaf convention got same name...just for 'bricks' reason.

Matt, you sure did wonderful job taking pictures even though you are still learning how to use the camera! Looking thru those pictures reminded me of being at Gallaudet and other colleges many years ago. Now, my daughters are college age...boy that sure made me feel old. lol But at least people often times asked my daughters if I was their sister...seriously! My daughters of course rolled their eyes and said "Oh no she's not my sister, she's my MOM!" I had to giggle. :giggle:

Did you see a big guy standing outside of the bus overseeing everyone that got on the bus? Yep, that was me! I was the one wearing a teal (blue/green) shirt over a black t-shirt.

VamPyroX said:
Did you see a big guy standing outside of the bus overseeing everyone that got on the bus? Yep, that was me! I was the one wearing a teal (blue/green) shirt over a black t-shirt.

my my... you were overlooked again dear! :rofl:

next time EXPOSE your lovely fangs! :twisted: :rofl:

are you the one that trying to keep the drunk guy and he was looking for a friend on the bus? but one of staff wont let him on the bus?

Back