Breaking News! CNN announces Osama Bin Laden is Dead !

according to the news online - Obama has confirmed that the U.S has conducted an operation that has killed Osama bin laden......I hope anyone can confirm this?

I would almost believe the news media over Obama.

according to the news online - Obama has confirmed that the U.S has conducted an operation that has killed Osama bin laden......I hope anyone can confirm this?

Obama did, and confirmed that they have the body in our custody.

Killed in Pakistan in a firefight. Retrieved the body. He's dead. <---- All he had to say. The ten minute speech was quite redundant.

Killed in Pakistan by an airstrike. Retrieved the body. He's dead. <---- All he had to say. The ten minute speech was quite redundant.

Er... did you listen to the speech? There was no airstrike, it was a team that went in and killed him in a firefight.

CBS showing big crowds of exuberant people in front of the White House. Looks like it's time to party in D.C! Probably across the nation, too, but it's going to be a wild day tomorrow here, I'm sure.

My crystal ball: stock market will go up tomorrow in a burst of "irrational exuberance."

Interesting way to stay informed. I suppose FoxNews will give you all the info you need. :eek3:

Now now.....you already know I watch all of the channels (except MSNBC). Actually I stick mostly to financial news and Bloomberg is my favorite source there.

I apologize. I didn't hear that part. Caption on CNN is slow. :) I stand corrected. :P

It has been confirmed, jclarke. It was a firefight, it has been confirmed that it was his body. This has to be one of the most celebrated intelligence operations ever in this country. U.S. diplomatic sources are now on high alert. He was killed in a mansion outside Islamabad.

Obama said in the statement that they had his body for a week, the assault operation was not too long ago

No, you misunderstood a little bit. Obama said that a week ago he determined there was enough intelligence to go after the compound in Pakistan. The attack was launched today, and Osama was killed today, his body taken by U.S. forces.

It was a boots on the ground operation, not an airstrike.

He did not say, but it's fair to assume, they did the DNA analysis immediately.

If you do find a transcript on today's speech....post it here, please!

Thanks!

Back