Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show

That is so sad :(

I refuse to take my 2 little girls and myself to any gun shows and stores.

That is so sad :(

I refuse to take my 2 little girls and myself to any gun shows and stores.

Ditto... but I cannot image there're real gun bullets at gun shows???... Hunter Club is only 5 minutes walk from my house... They only use real bullets when they are in wood to shoot deers, boars and hares, not gun shows...

Ditto... but I cannot image there're real gun bullets at gun shows???... Hunter Club is only 5 minutes walk from my house... They only use real bullets when they are in wood to shoot deers, boars and hares, not gun shows...

Yea, that really sucks that they had bullets in the guns at the show. The little boy would still be alive if they had prohibited having bullets in the guns at the show *shakes my head*

That is why I think the gun shows should be banned.

Sounds like this was not a gun show, but a shooting range! I can't believe the damned thing was loaded in a public place like that! And why in the world would an 8 year old need to know how to shoot an Uzi?

Sounds like this was not a gun show, but a shooting range! I can't believe the damned thing was loaded in a public place like that! And why in the world would an 8 year old need to know how to shoot an Uzi?

It is no excuse for the father to allow his 8-years old to handle a very dangerous weapon such as Uzi which can fit in your regular briefcase. I hope the father carries his agonizing guilt with him until he is under six feet.

It is no excuse for the father to allow his 8-years old to handle a very dangerous weapon such as Uzi which can fit in your regular briefcase. I hope the father carries his agonizing guilt with him until he is under six feet.

Agreed.

Did you know that an Uzi can shred a six-feet high, wide and back crate of concrete blocks into many pieces with just one magazine?

The picture on your link shows an outdoor gun club range. That is different from a "gun show." Gun shows are typically held in large commercial buildings like convention halls, set up by vendors and non-profit groups. Guns are not fired in gun show facilities. The place where the boy was killed was not at a gun "show" but at a gun "expo" at a club that had a firing range.

Did you know that an Uzi can shred a six-feet high, wide and back crate of concrete blocks into many pieces with just one magazine?

Actually, no I didn't. I knew that it was a powerful and deadly weapon, but did not know the facts you provided. :ty:

Just more evidence that allowing an 8 year old to handle such a weapon falls into the category of "sheer stupidity."

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman’s Club, police Lt. Lawrence Vallierpratte said.

"It's all legal & fun — No permits or licenses required!!!!" reads the ad, posted on the club's Web site.

From the linked article.

Expo=exposition. The Thesaurus lists the following as synonyms for "expo":

Bizarre, circus, county fair, demonstration, display, exhibition, marketplace, show, showing.

Personally, I wouldn't let an 8-year-old fire an Uzi. Kids that age should stick with shot guns and rifles that are appropriate to their size and maturity level.

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman’s Club, police Lt. Lawrence Vallierpratte said.

"It's all legal & fun — No permits or licenses required!!!!" reads the ad, posted on the club's Web site.

From the linked article.
That's right, it was a "shoot" and "expo"; that means the weapons can be demonstrated there. At just a regular gun "show" weapons can be shown but not demonstrated or tried out (fired).

Permits are required only for purchasing, and licenses (depending on the type) for special levels of gun purchasing or for hunting. To fire a gun at a range doesn't require an individual to have a permit.

I've been to shows and expos, and I've fired at private indoor and public outdoor ranges, and at private hunting clubs. They have different rules for each activity and location.

Expo=exposition. The Thesaurus lists the following as synonyms for "expo":

Bizarre, circus, county fair, demonstration, display, exhibition, marketplace, show, showing.

Do you mean "bazaar?"

Yes, those are synonyms for the word. However, events use different words for themselves, so it's important to know exactly what was being done at that specific place, and what kind of venue it was.

I'm a bit confused, how did the boy accidentally shot himself in the head if his father is right behind him?

Honestly, I do not know anything about guns so I dunno what is Uzi submachine.

Back