Bowling Tournament in June 2005?....

Anne.

Reaction score
Someone had brought up a topic back in April in regards to a "bowling tournament in June", which I can't remember off hand at the moment on who it was.

I was wondering if any one would know about this "tournament" in June that will supposidly take place in June in my home state of Honolulu Hawaii. I would like to know the exact time,date, & location.

Please, if any one at all has any information to this "bowling tournament" please let me know. I would like to watch & also support the groups here by cheering them on.

I was also thinking of particapating, but, I also remembered that I might not be as good as those who will be bowling in the tournament.I have not bowled in such a long time. I think the closest time I ever bowled or tried to bowl (any way), was when I was dating my exb/f many years ago. Probably somewhere betweem 5 to 10 years ago. :Oops:

If this tournament has been canceled, please let me know, too.

I will trully appreciate that very much.

Take Care & God Bless to you always.

Hope to read your post, soon.

Anne. :)

thank u brian :)

and yes its still on it starts june 12-june 20th vairies of different event the biggest event is the sign langague festival on june 15th and deafnation.com who ll also be there and they got thier golf and volleyball tourny as well and a huge party all this week as well 2c and i ll be there defiently hiblue05 will be there several of Aders indeed will be there looking forward to seeing all of you :)

Mahalo for asking and mahalo brian for bringing it up :)

JP

Thank you Javapride for the information &
Thank you Brian for the link.
I'm glad I asked. :cheers:

Thank you :ty: very much again.

P.S. are you all going to be in separate tournaments,
or which area & time will you (all) start first?

Just thought I would ask.

Reply back when you can.

yea my friends going there and will take pic everyone... my friends will show me... ;)

I know the PCDBA and the SDDA bowling folks. Theyre real fun.

I also have the owner of 2 bowling lanes in Orange County who is very interested in handling tournaments.

Why not we have an AD Bowling Tournament?

Richard

Nesmuth said:
I know the PCDBA and the SDDA bowling folks. Theyre real fun.

I also have the owner of 2 bowling lanes in Orange County who is very interested in handling tournaments.

Why not we have an AD Bowling Tournament?

Richard

Is that a possibility?
Can you all just have an AD group for a tournament?

That would be great if that would be possible.

I hope that it can be possible.

I hope someone can reply to this soon.

Thank you.

TweetyBird said:
yea my friends going there and will take pic everyone... my friends will show me... ;)

I will also bring my camera to take pictures.
I hope to see everyone there.

Any exact time & place that everyone will get together first before the tournament?

Thank you. :ty:

Anyone please reply soon when you can.

I LOVE to bowl...last tournament I bowled in though was in 1998, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Bowled in the World Games for the Deaf in 1997, and since then, I've just stuck to leagues. Much easier that way.

But Anne - try contacting the USDSF - U.S. Deaf Sports Festival? I think it's also American Athletic Association for the Deaf. Not sure who the contact would be, but a lot of the bowlers go to these tourneys and someone is bound to know about them.

There is another one in June as well.

June 4th, St. Louis Metro, Illinois or Missouri
Annual Individual Handicap Classic
Hosted by Gateaway Alumni Chapter of ISD

St. Clair Bowl
5950 Old Collinsville Rd/ Fairview Hts, Il 62208
Info: Betty Wiwczaroski/ luvangels50@aol.com

June 16- 19, 2005 in Memphis , Tennessee

NDMBA (National Mixed)

Hosted by Mid South Community of Deaf Association

3703 S. Mendenhall Rd. / Memphis, Tenn 38115
Info: Gary Burgess/ E-mail: ndmixedburgess@yahoo.com
Fan info: Martha Bryant/ jrrybryant@aol.com

another one is in July
NDBA/ NDWBA (National & World)
Bowling World

I think it will be held at FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS

For more info: contact Roger Sellers / rvasel2@hotmail.com

Men Info: Roger Sellers/ rvasel2@hotmail.com

woman Info: Sandra Heston/ ndwbast@aol.com

Thank you Malfoyish & quiet gal for yeplying back.

I would like to know if all of you here in this AD forum
will be attending the bowling turnament in Honolulu Hawaii,
and if you are, would you all be attending in the same area,
or would you be in separate places?

I am trying to see if I can just go to a one place to watch you
all particapate, instead of running around like a chicken without a head
trying to find everyone at the same time.

Will any of you here as AD member particapating in the bowling tournament,
will just have a AD group bowling league together?

Can someone please reply to my question.

Thank you.

Here ya go.......might wanna print it.

Hi, folks, especially the Hawaiians!

Here’s what I know about the upcoming Pacific Coast Deaf Bowling Association tournament being held in and around the Honolulu area. There are many activities just before and after the PCDBA tournament itself so I will post these, too, and separate the PCDBA schedule at the end of this.

Quite a few events are planned around this bowling tournament: Calendar of events can se seen at www.DeafHawaii.com but here’s an overview as taken from a recent newsletter:

Mon. & Tues., June 13th & 14th is the Hawaii Charity Golf activity. (www.deafnation.com)

On Wed., June 15th is the Hawaiian Sign Language Festival from 9am-6pm. (www.hsodhawaii.org). Beach Volleyball (www.deafnation.com). World Invitation Bowling Tournament from 9am-4pm at Leeward Bowl and the No Tap Handicapped Doubles tournament from 4pm-10pm also at Leeward Bowl which is at the Pearl City Shopping Center.

Thursday, June 16th is the Aloha State Association of the Deaf’s state conference (www.asadhawaii.org). Also on tap is the Deaf Hawaiian Happy Hour at Dave & Buster’s at 7pm.

The Miss Deaf Hawaii Pageant will be on Friday, June 17th from 6pm-11pm...where?

On Saturday is the PCDBA Awards presentation and Hawaiian Luau at the Ala Moana Hotel ballroom at 6pm.

Last but not least is the Hawaiian Islands 7 day Cruise from June 19-26th. (www.AccessAlohaTravel.com).

Many of us in the PCDBA tournament will participate in the above-mentioned No-Tap tournament....tune-up ya know for PCDBA & get a feel for the lanes, lol....

OK, NOW FOR PCDBA ITSELF: Tournament headquarters will be in the Ala Moana Hotel. Because there will be too many of us to bowl at one place, the guys and gals will be bowling at two different sites. The guys will be at Leeward Bowl, just minutes from Pearl Harbor which has completed renovations from what I hear. The ladies will be bowling at Aiea Bowl in Aiea, about 5 miles(?) from the hotel. The PCDBA tournament will officially kick off at approximately 9am on thursday, June 16th and run thru Saturday.

So, see you there! If not at the lanes, then at the hotel.......

Clothing Identification....

I just had an idea.
I just hope that no one will have the same shirt/cap as me,
I was thinking, that I would wear a dark green baseball cap & dark green
t-shirt with the UH logo along with a black stretch pants. will that be ok?
is that easy for eveyone else to spot me, if you are going to Honolulu Hawaii?. I will meet evryone there in Alamoana hotel. I will check up on the time, unless you or anyone else would know the time before me.
Well I tried to post a pic that I had earlier for an avatar:Looks
like that pic down below.Which is a Dark green H on it. That is for the UH team here in Honolulu. I like the color, as you all can tell. ;) Well, I hope to see you all there. I am so excited. I have whole bunch of things to do & places to go for this month of June also. I sure can't wait. Woo Hoo!.

Take care & God Bless.

Attachments

• hawaii_100.gif
    hawaii_100.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 47
Thanks soo much Tousi for doing that.I hope you got my PM message.Take care, all!. Have an AWSOME SUNDAY everyone!.
WOO HOO!.

God Bless.

Tousi said:
Here ya go.......might wanna print it.

Hi, folks, especially the Hawaiians!

Here’s what I know about the upcoming Pacific Coast Deaf Bowling Association tournament being held in and around the Honolulu area. There are many activities just before and after the PCDBA tournament itself so I will post these, too, and separate the PCDBA schedule at the end of this.

Quite a few events are planned around this bowling tournament: Calendar of events can se seen at www.DeafHawaii.com but here’s an overview as taken from a recent newsletter:

Mon. & Tues., June 13th & 14th is the Hawaii Charity Golf activity. (www.deafnation.com)

On Wed., June 15th is the Hawaiian Sign Language Festival from 9am-6pm. (www.hsodhawaii.org). Beach Volleyball (www.deafnation.com). World Invitation Bowling Tournament from 9am-4pm at Leeward Bowl and the No Tap Handicapped Doubles tournament from 4pm-10pm also at Leeward Bowl which is at the Pearl City Shopping Center.

Thursday, June 16th is the Aloha State Association of the Deaf’s state conference (www.asadhawaii.org). Also on tap is the Deaf Hawaiian Happy Hour at Dave & Buster’s at 7pm.

The Miss Deaf Hawaii Pageant will be on Friday, June 17th from 6pm-11pm...where?

On Saturday is the PCDBA Awards presentation and Hawaiian Luau at the Ala Moana Hotel ballroom at 6pm.

Last but not least is the Hawaiian Islands 7 day Cruise from June 19-26th. (www.AccessAlohaTravel.com).

Many of us in the PCDBA tournament will participate in the above-mentioned No-Tap tournament....tune-up ya know for PCDBA & get a feel for the lanes, lol....

OK, NOW FOR PCDBA ITSELF: Tournament headquarters will be in the Ala Moana Hotel. Because there will be too many of us to bowl at one place, the guys and gals will be bowling at two different sites. The guys will be at Leeward Bowl, just minutes from Pearl Harbor which has completed renovations from what I hear. The ladies will be bowling at Aiea Bowl in Aiea, about 5 miles(?) from the hotel. The PCDBA tournament will officially kick off at approximately 9am on thursday, June 16th and run thru Saturday.

So, see you there! If not at the lanes, then at the hotel.......
Tousi, im staying at the maile sky court hotel u wanna meet up???? actually let's talk in a couple of days ok? im going to be with my partner we'll be going to the SLF and then to the hotel and hang there i ll let u know what im wearing and all that ok???

can't wait to meet u :)

Anne. said:
I just had an idea.
I just hope that no one will have the same shirt/cap as me,
I was thinking, that I would wear a dark green baseball cap & dark green
t-shirt with the UH logo along with a black stretch pants. will that be ok?
is that easy for eveyone else to spot me, if you are going to Honolulu Hawaii?. I will meet evryone there in Alamoana hotel. I will check up on the time, unless you or anyone else would know the time before me.
Well I tried to post a pic that I had earlier for an avatar:Looks
like that pic down below.Which is a Dark green H on it. That is for the UH team here in Honolulu. I like the color, as you all can tell. ;) Well, I hope to see you all there. I am so excited. I have whole bunch of things to do & places to go for this month of June also. I sure can't wait. Woo Hoo!.

Take care & God Bless.

Anne i ll be in my plaid shirt or one of my hawaiian shirt i ll let u know but it ll be deffy green in support of the UH hawaii :) h ehehe

and hat will be Starbucks thats my thought since EVERYONE knows im a javafreak LOL so meet u all there

javapride said:
Anne i ll be in my plaid shirt or one of my hawaiian shirt i ll let u know but it ll be deffy green in support of the UH hawaii :) h ehehe

and hat will be Starbucks thats my thought since EVERYONE knows im a javafreak LOL so meet u all there

That's great!.

There is a Starbucks at Maile Sky court? :confused:

Which Starbucks??

I like drinking the "espresso frapaciono" ;) , infact I haven' had that in a looong time. :eek:

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know what time/location you will be ib Statbucks??

Hope to see you all there & everywhere LOL. . *thumbs up smiley*

Show of names(or nicknames).....

Just for confirmations...

May I have a lists of names (or nicknames),

on who all will be arriving here in Honolulu Hawaii, please.

Thank you. :)

A big Aloha to you all. :)

Anne. said:
Just for confirmations...

May I have a lists of names (or nicknames),

on who all will be arriving here in Honolulu Hawaii, please.

Thank you. :)

A big Aloha to you all. :)

javapride, hiblue05 ( My partner),tousi and his wife, I think dreamy hawaii will be there too but theres more aders who don't post here often that will also be there as well :)
there's ur info of last thing.

as for me being at starbucks nononono im gonna wear a Starbucks HAT but i plby be walkng ard with a Starbucks cup, BUT there is PLENTY of starbucks stores inculding at ala moana hotel. its like around there...

Will get more info mom's the manager gotta give her the heads up and have her give her other managers the heads up at the deafies to have papers prepped for those who are deaf :)

See u all june 15th Early morning :)

tousi i thought the dave and buster's on the 18th? :confused: cld u varify that? thanks

Back