? bout microphone protectors..

Vivie

Reaction score
Been wondering how often do we have to change the covers..

I'd like to try other colors too ( have the matt package damn it , and I'd like the pastel one...LOL )

How do you know how often to change them ?

Could you explain more about these microphone covers? I've never heard of them. I might have seen them and didn't know they were microphone covers. :dunno:

Ah, I see...

Doesn't covering the microphone reduce the sound it takes in?

View attachment 12603 View attachment 12604 View attachment 12605

First pic shows my CI and the spare covers

The 2nd picture shows the CI in 3 pieces, i removed the coil first then the microphone cover (it's brown, inside there's lining which is Gore tex which traps moisture and other substances) This should be renew every 6 months (depending on where you are and what you do)

Third picture shows the 3 microphones, the top 3 is microphones and the bottom one is socket for the coil.(sorry it's bit blurry, the camera is on it's way out)

View attachment 12603 View attachment 12604 View attachment 12605

First pic shows my CI and the spare covers

The 2nd picture shows the CI in 3 pieces, i removed the coil first then the microphone cover (it's brown, inside there's lining which is Gore tex which traps moisture and other substances) This should be renew every 6 months (depending on where you are and what you do)

Third picture shows the 3 microphones, the top 3 is microphones and the bottom one is socket for the coil.(sorry it's bit blurry, the camera is on it's way out)
Ah, I see... interesting.

Vivie - sometimes you can tell if the sounds are a bit funny. Cochlear will tell you if you have changed the microphone cover as it has a "filter" (the white thing that on the back of the cover), and it can trap dirt, oils from hair/skin, sweat, etc.

I only have changed it once. Depends if you live in a humid environment, sweat a lot, get it exposed by splashes of water, etc...then you can change it. But, like Overthepond says - usually every 6 months.

I change mine just when needed. So I'll take it off and have a look at it and if it seems a bit yucky then I will replace it with another one.

Oh thanks guys!! you're a lot of help! will check later...I live in a very humid enviroment , thank god that they gave me the Dry and Store! As for 'funny' , I wouldn't know , I'm still on the 2nd map and almost anything sounds funny and not normal..

my parents voices , I hear them like they speak from the depths of a tunnels , and I'm in the mouth..and it feels weird!! I also have problems with listening music..I can't stand it!! sounds nice but it leaves me really breathless and not in the good way!! I barely can stand it much , and my folks LOVE music..the radio is always on!

I know there is patience game involved but I can't stand literally the thing when I'm at my folks home ( like now ) and due to a problem with delivering the new 60-pack of batteries ( they sent it at the wrong address , how stupid ) and I'm almost out so I use the CI only when I'm out or we have some visitors ( and we have a lot..I start feeling like I'm an attraction at a circus ) .

and another question ( when you stop laughing , I know you are! :P ) has anyone bought from Andressen Batteries? and anyone that is from Europe , does he has a better online vendor? the vendor I'm supposed to go to , has an high price , and with a decreased income , I need every penny I can save!

And another last note , I hope you are enjoying your summer!!

Back