Born deaf in 1 ear

eodwife96

Reaction score
As a child I was made to feel dumb or stupid and even bullied because I couldn't hear the teacher in class. I was raised in a hearing house but not always able to hear what was going on around me. Now that I am in my 40's, I've recently received a pair of Cross B hearing aids. They have totally changed my life. I can actually hear conversations at restaurants and even join in now. My kids no longer have to ask which ear I can hear in because I can hear with both now. I just wish this was available sooner.

I know one day I will be totally deaf so I'm trying to teach myself to sign. If anyone has any suggestions for a site to learn from, please share. Thanks for stopping by and getting to know me! Bye

Www.lifeprint.com is a good website to learn sign language from. Also go on YouTube.com and type in Bill Vicars ASL videos in search. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Welcome :wave:

I am not sure where you are in Arkansas but the Arkansas School for the Deaf offers ASL classes. Lifeprint is good but where possible learning live is best.

Welcome to alldeaf. It's too bad you didn't get cross aids years ago, they probably would of made a huge difference. I'm glad you finally found them and they are working so well for you.

Back