Bonjour from Montréal...!

PepeNitch0

Reaction score
Hey guys!

My name is Clemence and I currently live in Montreal, Canada. I have started learning sign language almost 5 years ago, started with LSQ (quebec sign language - french) followed by a year of ASL and as I am back in Canada i'm trying to sticking with LSQ, even though it might just be a mix of both languages... why is it so hard for a hearie to learn two different sign languages at the same time?! hehe anyways.

I have been exposed to deafness as a kid, apparently my best childhood friend was deaf but i don't recall much. Later on, I grew up right next door to a deaf school and was always fascinated by signing. As I got into college, I noticed they were offering sign language classes and this is where it all begun. I now am the teacher's assistant in that class and in a high school teaching LSQ1 and I love to breakdown stereotypes and teach hearies the ways of the Deaf culture.

I have a background in event planning and am big on new technologies. I am planning on creating cultural events trying to bridge the gap between the Deaf community and the hearing through interactive and visual media creation. I would love for the hearing to be able to understand more about Deafness and not be so ignorant and close minded. Although it's just a project for now, it seems pretty promising and I hope I could at least change a couple people's perspectives!

I'm looking to meet new friends on here, take part in the alldeaf community life so don't be shy and come say hi!
Have a great day everybody!
xox

Hi! I'm a hearing student but I was wondering if we could Skype sometime and I could learn some LSQ. I am an ASL student. If you would like to let me know!

Thanks =)

Bonjour! Mon meilleur ami est français canadien :)

She signs while simultaneously speaking to her family to that I stay in the loop when we visit haha I can speak french but I can't lipread it easily. I've had the most unique client transactions that way with non-english speaking "parents of the client".

Welcome to AD!

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I was a resident in Ontario for almost 20 years. My husband passed away. After one year and half of his passing, I decided to move back to USA to be with my sister and my family. So it is good to be back here in USA. I am old and it is time for me to move on. Glad you are back in Quebec.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Hey Bebonang, thanks for your message! Sorry to hear about your husband, moving on is good though. Always good to be around family. Hope we get to interact again soon!

Bonjour! Mon meilleur ami est français canadien :)

She signs while simultaneously speaking to her family to that I stay in the loop when we visit haha I can speak french but I can't lipread it easily".

You have no idea how twisted it is to go from english to french to LSQ or the other way around when trying to interpret for anglophone friends! Hah i'm so bad at it. Or let's say i should work on it.

Thanks for your reply, see you around!

Hey guys!

My name is Clemence and I currently live in Montreal, Canada. I have started learning sign language almost 5 years ago, started with LSQ (quebec sign language - french) followed by a year of ASL and as I am back in Canada i'm trying to sticking with LSQ, even though it might just be a mix of both languages... why is it so hard for a hearie to learn two different sign languages at the same time?! hehe anyways.

I have been exposed to deafness as a kid, apparently my best childhood friend was deaf but i don't recall much. Later on, I grew up right next door to a deaf school and was always fascinated by signing. As I got into college, I noticed they were offering sign language classes and this is where it all begun. I now am the teacher's assistant in that class and in a high school teaching LSQ1 and I love to breakdown stereotypes and teach hearies the ways of the Deaf culture.

I have a background in event planning and am big on new technologies. I am planning on creating cultural events trying to bridge the gap between the Deaf community and the hearing through interactive and visual media creation. I would love for the hearing to be able to understand more about Deafness and not be so ignorant and close minded. Although it's just a project for now, it seems pretty promising and I hope I could at least change a couple people's perspectives!

I'm looking to meet new friends on here, take part in the alldeaf community life so don't be shy and come say hi!
Have a great day everybody!
xox
Bonjour , je m'appelle Nikki et j'habite à Montréal aussi .
*Hello, I'm Nikki and I live in Montreal. *

I'm HOH but prefer to go by bi-culturally Deaf & hearing. I moved to Montreal during COVID and been trying to connect more with the Deaf community here. I was born hard of hearing but began learning ASL and became involved with the Deaf community when my family moved from Canada to the States. Living in a rural area however, I had to keep up my ASL on my own time due as I couldn't always go and meet up with my friends in the Deaf community. So my ASL grammar needs some work.

I'm a Concordia student in creative arts therapies and also a big advocate better mental services for DHH/Deaf individuals, and the need for more Deaf Awareness within this field and among the general public. I would be definitely interest in hearing more about your events and would love to connect sometime:)))

Bonjour , je m'appelle Nikki et j'habite à Montréal aussi .
*Hello, I'm Nikki and I live in Montreal. *

I'm HOH but prefer to go by bi-culturally Deaf & hearing. I moved to Montreal during COVID and been trying to connect more with the Deaf community here. I was born hard of hearing but began learning ASL and became involved with the Deaf community when my family moved from Canada to the States. Living in a rural area however, I had to keep up my ASL on my own time due as I couldn't always go and meet up with my friends in the Deaf community. So my ASL grammar needs some work.

I'm a Concordia student in creative arts therapies and also a big advocate better mental services for DHH/Deaf individuals, and the need for more Deaf Awareness within this field and among the general public. I would be definitely interest in hearing more about your events and would love to connect sometime:)))
Heey! I am also from MTL. Check your DMs.

Back