Bomb explosion and shooting in Norway

Very sad and very frightening to Europeans who thought they were safe from this sort of terrorism.

Last report is 7 dead, many injured.

Horrible as it is, clearly it could have been a lot worse. Not that that's a consolation to those who lost loved ones, but makes you wonder what the point was - to actually kill as many as possible, or mainly to instigate fear and terror?

Very sad and very frightening to Europeans who thought they were safe from this sort of terrorism.
I don't think Europeans never thought they're safe from terrorisms like Americans because this kind of things happen on many occasions.

Last report is 7 dead, many injured.

Horrible as it is, clearly it could have been a lot worse. Not that that's a consolation to those who lost loved ones, but makes you wonder what the point was - to actually kill as many as possible, or mainly to instigate fear and terror?
both. hence..... the term "terrorism"

I don't think Europeans never thought they're safe from terrorisms like Americans because this kind of things happen on many occasions.

both. hence..... the term "terrorism"

Not so much in places like Norway, Denmark, the Scandinavian countries generally. When Olaf Palme was assassinated in 1986, it was a shock, as he had taken great pride in being able to walk the streets of Sweden without the heavy security presence that, for instance, American presidents were used to.

Remember when the Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn was assassinated in 2002? The Dutch population was stunned that "such a thing" could happen there.

Latest casualties, 7 dead at the bombing, and 10 dead at the shooting. :(

Those poor kids at the camp.

How scary...my best friend's brother in law and his wife live in Norway. Better email her and ask her if they are ok. Her brother in law is an ex-Marine for the United States and works in a government building.

Death toll up to 80 now. So sad for those families. Pray for them.

funny how everyone's saying it's a Muslim terrorists doing it... turns out it's probably just an angry white Christian conservative.

s-ANDERS-BEHRING-BREIVIK-large300.jpg

I feel terrible for Norway as well. I love Norwegians - they're amazing.

I'm partly Norwegian. It's kind of funy and odd three days ago Liza and I discussed about Norway stuff..now yeah I'm shocked to see that happened today. Norway is the one of the best known as a peaceful nation, right?

This is a horrible tradgedy. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this.

I'm partly Norwegian. It's kind of funy and odd three days ago Liza and I discussed about Norway stuff..now yeah I'm shocked to see that happened today. Norway is the one of the best known as a peaceful nation, right?

There are disturbed people everywhere.

I'm trying to figure out how one person was able to shoot 73 people? Maybe part of that story is missing, because some did try to swim away to safety. It has to be more than one person, just doesn't make any sense.

I'm trying to figure out how one person was able to shoot 73 people? Maybe part of that story is missing, because some did try to swim away to safety. It has to be more than one person, just doesn't make any sense.

because it was about 700 people on small island. easy to do mass-killing. and plus - this rampage went on for 2 hours.

because it was about 700 people on small island. easy to do mass-killing. and plus - this rampage went on for 2 hours.

Damn. To think this dude was able to dress up like a cop and just start shooting people... So sad.

Stay strong, Norway! Being strong doesn't necessarily involve guns or security, but great principles and ethics. Norway has always been courageous about that.

‎"I have a message to those who attacked us. A message from the whole of Norway. You won’t destroy us. You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway," Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg said.

-CNN, link Oslo Norway attacks: Blast hits government buildings; shooter opens fire at Labour youth camp - This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Back