blackberry

interpreter

Reaction score
I notice a lot of deaf people getting blackberries. Why do you think it's better? Can you get AIM on it?

I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY !! (8800)

It's got email, QWERTY keyboard, free google talk app, for-pay other network clients (AIM,ICQ, etc)...

My blackberry is small, light, durable...

I only wish it vibrated longer and more intensely cos I don't always notice it in my purse or on my desk at work.

I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY !! (8800)

It's got email, QWERTY keyboard, free google talk app, for-pay other network clients (AIM,ICQ, etc)...

My blackberry is small, light, durable...

I only wish it vibrated longer and more intensely cos I don't always notice it in my purse or on my desk at work.

Same here as I just got mine up and going...oh, and don't forget the Wi-Fi feature, at least it is in mine (the BB Curve--Titanium).

I have been desperately trying to get a Blackberry but I can't get one thru SunCom--they are sold out. Then, I tried to get one thru T-Mobile, but they don't serve my state. It's very frustrating.

A Deaf friend of mine is trying to get one from Verizon but they don't carry the model that she needs (she has vision problems and needs the easiest to read one).

I have been desperately trying to get a Blackberry but I can't get one thru SunCom--they are sold out. Then, I tried to get one thru T-Mobile, but they don't serve my state. It's very frustrating.

A Deaf friend of mine is trying to get one from Verizon but they don't carry the model that she needs (she has vision problems and needs the easiest to read one).

What about AT&T? Or do they not exist back East? Nice to see you, R....

What about AT&T? Or do they not exist back East? Nice to see you, R....
I'm still checking each service. We currently have SunCom for personal and business (also, it's the cheapest rate), so I was really hoping to stay with them. AT&T is much more expensive.

same with my wife and friends plan order but sold out already.....WOW must be hot sell today.

I'm still checking each service. We currently have SunCom for personal and business (also, it's the cheapest rate), so I was really hoping to stay with them. AT&T is much more expensive.

Ok, re: AT&T...what we did was bundle everything: Internet, TV programming, and phone with AT&T's new fiber optics Uverse program. We are now wireless and everything's great! The more you bundle stuff with them, the less it costs. For the three I listed above that comprises our bundle, the cost is 79.95 a month for everything and another good thing is no contract!

Ok, re: AT&T...what we did was bundle everything: Internet, TV programming, and phone with AT&T's new fiber optics Uverse program. We are now wireless and everything's great! The more you bundle stuff with them, the less it costs. For the three I listed above that comprises our bundle, the cost is 79.95 a month for everything and another good thing is no contract!
I went to the AT&T site and did the on-line calculation for the bundled services, and it came to $139.92 per month. I chose all the cheapest categories with the least features for each (phone, wireless, TV, internet). I wonder why it's more expensive here?

Does the aim stay on like on the sidekick?

On my treo, I can't have it running. It will log off by itself. So frustrating!

I went to the AT&T site and did the on-line calculation for the bundled services, and it came to $139.92 per month. I chose all the cheapest categories with the least features for each (phone, wireless, TV, internet). I wonder why it's more expensive here?
Reba, Yes there is very expensive to me.. :)

Does the aim stay on like on the sidekick?

On my treo, I can't have it running. It will log off by itself. So frustrating!
Interp, I know there is no answer your questions. So Here I have answer your question, Oh Definitely YESss! RIM has own blackberry AIM for blackberry users, but specified sprint and t-mobile users only. I already posted it in thread called UPDATE for BLACKBERRY USERS , To honest: Blackberry AIM is very reliable and stay connect always. But it only showed limit list of my 30 buddies. Pretty lame! But AIM IS FREE, because ALL TMO (AIM, ICQ, YAHOO!, GOOLGE) IMS use data plan, no longer SMS.. YAYAY!

If you dislike BB AIM. I suggest you go check out: beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging or Yak On! Mobile Instant Messaging , they always stay connect and very reliable 24/7 without disconnect itself.. ;)

Why I think its better? I recently posed it in another thread called want new phone?? have answered that your question. ;)

If you wanted to know more about blackberry device or Multi IM clients for blackberry, You knows where the Search Button is. ;)

hope this solve and Good luck!

This is weird.

Yesterday, SunCom had 7 different model data phones available. Now they only have 4 models left. Their inventory is shrinking again. Crazy.

Checkout JiveTalk for AIM/YAHOO/MSN, a few others.... beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging - it has a free 30 day trial and then one time fee. VERY WORTH it though, its the best IM program I've used with my BB.

As for the vibrate, I have an additional program called BBAlerts, with that, it vibrates normally but I have it set to keep vibrating/reminder every minute until I open/look at the mail...very nice!

I dont have the address offhand for that but can look it up for anyone that wants it.

The reason there are many mid-age and senior deaf use blackberry since it have size custom on font while Sidekick don't.

And yet, there are available on either AT&T or Sprint with great coverage anywhere what T-mobile don't cover.

Ok I am not very versed in the phones used but I wanted to help you with your options... Meaning I dont know the model numbers that are mostly used but here are a few options I found. I hope some of those help you make a decision. They are for multipul companies AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile...

Quamie

http://www.inphonic.com/autocontent.aspx?pageid=1165&referringdomain=5linx&eid=L310005

BlackBerry 8830 World Edition/ Sprint PCS

The BlackBerry 8830 for Sprint PCS is perfect for the global professional. Like all BlackBerry devices, the BlackBerry 8830 provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry includes a full QWERTY keyboard, built-in GPS locator and GPS applications, a music and video player, voice dialing and Bluetooth. Plus, when travelling the globe, the BlackBerry 8830 switches into GSM mode for international roaming capability. Now that's smart!

After Rebate the price is $149.99

BlackBerry 8703e/Sprint

The stylish BlackBerry 8703 for Sprint is a new breed of wireless email device. Still the best mobile email solution on the market, this BlackBerry remains perfect for mobile professionals. Plus, the thinner, lighter, more contoured body sports a complete phone, backlit QWERTY keyboard, convenient track wheel, full HTML browser, true high-speed data, viewer software for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Bluetooth to maximize your on-the-go potential - but in more style than ever before.

After Rebate the price is $79.99

RIM BlackBerry 8700g/T-Mobile

The stylish RIM BlackBerry 8700g for T-Mobile is a new breed of BlackBerry. Yes, the RIM BlackBerry 8700g is still the best mobile email solution on the market, but this BlackBerry is thinner, lighter and more contoured than any before it. Plus, the RIM BlackBerry 8700g sports a complete phone, backlit QWERTY keyboard, full HTML web browser, viewer software for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Bluetooth and quad-band GSM to maximize your on-the-go potential – just with more style than any before it.

After Rebate $139.99

BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Sunset Red/Champagne/ or Dark Blue w/ myFaves

The super-slim, ultra-light BlackBerry Pearl for T-Mobile is the next class of BlackBerry device. Like all BlackBerry devices, the Pearl provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry includes a good camera, a built-in music player and Bluetooth. Plus, you'll be amazed at the speed and accuracy of the SureType® QWERTY keyboard. And, best of all, this BlackBerry weighs in at a scant 3.2 ounces and is razor-thin - the smallest of its class.

After Rebate $139.99

BlackBerry Pearl (Multimedia Phone)/AT&T

The super-slim, ultra-light BlackBerry Pearl for AT&T is the next class of BlackBerry device. Like all BlackBerry devices, the Pearl provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry includes a good camera, a built-in music player and Bluetooth. Plus, you'll be amazed at the speed and accuracy of the SureType® QWERTY keyboard. And, best of all, this BlackBerry weighs in at a scant 3.2 ounces and is razor-thin - the smallest of its class.

After rebate this phone is free

BlackBerry Curve 8300 (Multimedia Phone)/AT&T

The gorgeous BlackBerry Curve 8300 for AT&T really sets a high bar on style and functionality. Like all BlackBerry devices, the BlackBerry Curve 8300 provides possibly the best on-the-go email and calendar solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry Curve 8300 includes a 2.0 Megapixel camera, a rich experience media player, voice dialing and stereo Bluetooth. Built for smartphone lovers with a sense of style, the BlackBerry Curve 8300 is ready to work and dressed to impress.

After rebate price $99.99

BlackBerry 8800

The BlackBerry 8800 for AT&T has much more to offer than its predecessors. Like all BlackBerry devices, the BlackBerry 8800 provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry includes a full QWERTY keyboard, built-in GPS locator and GPS applications, a music and video player, push-to-talk, voice dialing and Bluetooth. And, at just 0.6 inches thick, this is the thinnest, most capable full QWERTY keyboard BlackBerry device yet!

After rebate $179.99

BlackBerry 8820

The BlackBerry 8800 for AT&T has much more to offer than its predecessors. Like all BlackBerry devices, the BlackBerry 8800 provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But the BlackBerry 8820 includes a full QWERTY keyboard, built-in GPS locator and map applications, WiFi connectivity, a music and video player, voice dialing and Bluetooth. And, at just 0.6 inches thick, this is one of the most capable, stylish full QWERTY keyboard BlackBerry devices ever!

After rebate $249.99

You can buy a 3rd party software called Message Alerts for Blackberry and then you can set the number of vibrates/durations for specific messages.

Example: When my wife emails me on my BB, I set it to vibrate 6 times duration=3 (each vibrate is 3 seconds long) for a total of 18 second vibrate.

When I get a message from other friends, I set it to vibrate 5, duration 1 (5 seconds total) so I can tell the difference between my wife's and my friends incoming vibrate.

You can buy a 3rd party software called Message Alerts for Blackberry and then you can set the number of vibrates/durations for specific messages.

Example: When my wife emails me on my BB, I set it to vibrate 6 times duration=3 (each vibrate is 3 seconds long) for a total of 18 second vibrate.

When I get a message from other friends, I set it to vibrate 5, duration 1 (5 seconds total) so I can tell the difference between my wife's and my friends incoming vibrate.

Rick, thanks but my Safari and Firefox browsers cannot locate the URL you put up....

Back