Blackberries....

downing

Reaction score
I am looking into Blackberries... I can not find a good deal for Blackberries that have unlimited IMs....some doesnt have IM and some does...

I am interested in 7520 bec it has GPS... but I don't see IMs in there...

I like 7290 cuz it has IMs but doesn't have GPS... arghhh....

suggestions....I did look at Nextel...Verizon....Ugh this is giving me a hell of an headache.

As far as I know IM is not included on BBs. You can download Verichat IM, or IM+ or Ramble (free) or possibly others I don't know about. I use Ramble because it's free. 7520 is Nextel. 7290 is the current top of the line BB. I have a 6230 on T-Mobile and hope to upgrade to 7290 soon. Check out Blackberryforums.com for info. before you get one.

ahh i noticed you are in dc area.. I am near DC too. hmmm

so are you telling me if I got a BB, and downloaded a program for IM.. will I be charged for Text Messaging? I hate those little complicated words for each plans. Ugh. Gives me an headache trying to figure what the hell all those plans for.

downing said:

so are you telling me if I got a BB, and downloaded a program for IM.. will I be charged for Text Messaging? I hate those little complicated words for each plans. Ugh. Gives me an headache trying to figure what the hell all those plans for.

Yep, BB should have downloaded program just like SK2. You may need to contact BB authorized dealership.

downing said:

With Ramble there have been no charges to my text messages on T-Mobile. I do not know what happens with the other software. If you use the AIM that is sometimes added by T-Mobile, you will be charged for using it. My plan has 300 text essages free then you py each one over that.

The SK2 is probably better if you IM or tet message a lot. For email, though, and a few other things, BB is better. It's up to you to figure what's best for you.

i wish sk2 was on my case but I can not have sk2 or any device that have built in camera which is one reason why I chose BB for my work ( i am contractor w gov't that has restrictions)

I have a BB7290 Cingular (Formarly ATTW). My wife and I use Blackberry Messenger as our IM program. To date, it is not compatible with AIM, Yahoo, or others. It uses the PIN-to-PIN messaging protocol, so that means it's only Blackberry-to-Blackberry.

We tried VeriChat, which is a great program, but we were charged extra for that data. If we have a real pressing need for it, we can just pay up.

So far, T-Mobile has the cheapest Unlimited Data plan. We went ATTW because TM was not available here.

I frequent BBForums too.

Steve

I have 7230 and it has AIM already installed but it isnt that good. you have to press refresh button all the time... but the 7290 has great AIM already installed and its good. I hope to get that upgrate soon.

ok since u have im. do you have to pay for text messaging? or you download im from website thru BB?

let me know, thanks.

blackberry 7750 tty built ?

blackberry 7750 pager should tty mode built better easy but try add with it instead brs relay connect as wish to have it one.. ask tech to make a new built tty enable with system 45.45 baud like connect tty like that superprint that why to use it you can do that also email, text cell phone everything as i wish ..

blackberry all model

I learn alots about blackberry different model . you have be sure depend on your servoce area that accept running on your blackberry . I have mine blackberry 7290 T-Mobile . mine running are fine area and also I do have aim (ramble im ) BB messenger and pin to pin and email and bb 411 , pocket express , ip-relay, caffeine finder and fast food finder . so next I will work on msn im so far I know it might get quick im (msn im ).
If you need ask me how download any on blackberry . I will be glad help you . Call pin 23cac41c

Beware!!!!

I heard the rumors from new, internet, new papers has saying about black berry will shutdown... Let you know that RIM: BlackBerry May shutdown and would Hurt U.S. because Supreme court declined the case of Blackberry and they wanted to shutdown blackberry...

Don't buy it or you get along buy it, later you will be regert for years and years.. good luck with your decision!

mohanian said:
blackberry 7750 pager should tty mode built better easy but try add with it instead brs relay connect as wish to have it one.. ask tech to make a new built tty enable with system 45.45 baud like connect tty like that superprint that why to use it you can do that also email, text cell phone everything as i wish ..

go to www.iptty.com work great

Soonersseth said:
pin to pin is free un limited rght ?

Yes, it's free (included in unlimited data plan). It goes through the Blackberry.net APN, not the carrier's.

Steve

I am a blackberry user and I am not concerned about the impending shutdown of RIM on Feb 24th. I doubt this shutdown will happen because there was a similar situation in England and Germany two - three weeks ago. Those countries' judges have declared those patents invalid and threw out the case, but giving the patent company the right to appeal the decison. This is what I'm expecting to happen on Feb 24th - judge will declare the NTP patents invalid and throw out the case and give NTP the right to appeal the decision.

If you are considering getting a blackberry - by all means go ahead and get one. It has been the best thing I've invested in. E-mail delivery is VERY reliable and almost instantous.

well well well welcome back campsean.. I am freakin surprised to find you on this board... hmmm??

Back