bison? do you think it dangerous when you bother bison? or go near by?

HorseRace

Reaction score
oooo! i know bison can be dangerous if you are near by or bother them!

if so, goodbye!

but i wonder any of you see a real bison a real life and end up saw what happen bison attack something?

for me, i'll go near to Bison and hopefully it will let me to pet on bison. Then, put a banner, "I am OWNED by Gallaudet".

I see bison in real life sometimes, and I won't go near them. I've never been tempted to go near them. Yes, I think they're potentially dangerous. We were camping once, and some bison were in the camp grounds and in the bathrooms, and so I went the other way and used the woods.

Ah bison aka buffalo... we have some here ... my late dad's friend has a bison ranch and one time my parents and I were on the way to a birthday party to the big city we drove by the ranch and saw the friend and his buddies having some bit of trouble herding the bison to go to the fenced pasture on the other side of the highway, we stopped to help move the bison... via truck.... I was driving backward and forward to hold the bison to the side of the highway and was hopng to hell the bison wouldnt dare ram the truck... there was a few times it almost did happen.. phew.. another time I was standing near the fence where some bison were eating hay, and one came near the fence... ohh big one... I woudnt dare getting over the fence and go near one as it can do the stampede and more...

HR..best not to bother the bison but ya can watch and snap pics... they are beautiful creatures to check out and see how they do on the fields or so...

I have seen bison, and if you are bothering or tormenting any animal, you are asking for trouble.

There are some bison in a game preserve near here (Lone Elk Park) and I have seen some butting cars when there are calves around. Thank goodness I never saw anyone step outside the to take pics.
I had bison roast a few times and they are DELICIOUS!

Of course you'd potentially be asking for trouble! After all, this is a 2,000 pound animal with horns, sharp hoofs, and a pea-sized brain.

I always have wondering how does buffalo's meat tastes like? Would it taste like deer or cow?

omegaman, yea i saw that on youtube and on new tv long ago! lol! ooo man! that gotta hurt! wow!

norcal lol good one! taht funny!

simplymint, isee! yea but lucky you whew! ooo hehe!

phillp , lucky you saw real wild life! but i saw one as it is farm area in louisiana.. strange! but i think they just take care of it.. i dont know!

NS, yea yea i see that! whoa lol! oooo yea it beautiful!

jillio yes hehe! ooo gotta run for life lol!

beowulf , really! i dont think i did ate once.. i dont remmy .......i guess i have to taste it again! lol!

tousi, yes true! lol! ooo gotta run for life! lol!

I always have wondering how does buffalo's meat tastes like? Would it taste like deer or cow?

I've had a buffalo hamburger before and it tastes more like beef. But one must take great care in frying, grilling, or broiling this meat because it has so little fat. Using virgin olive oil comes to mind....

oh yea i ate buffalo hambuger at sort of fast food at louisiana which it is new place to eat.. it became popluar fast but now i dont know.. it good! yes! whoa! and price was not bad..

My best friend saw a bison really close when he was riding in a car at Yellowstone national park. I never seen a bison in real life, yet.

sequoias, really! ooo close to bison by the car as pass by? whoa! bison can attack if it goes pass by! oooo i saw it on youtube there!

but lucky your best friend didnt got that happen whew! oooo!

Bison hamburgers are good.. so would be the case for bison hot dogs, bison beef jerk, etc... I have used bison meat for use in cooking Hamburger Helper lasanga or beef strongnoff or so... really good one in place of beef hamburger meat...

I've pissed on a Bison.

I've heard of a story in the 1980's where my friend's father got drunk with 3 of his friends in a jeep racing through the plains, they ran into the buffalos and they started blasting their weapons and killed so many and left to the airport and flew home.

How insane. 1980's, zzz.

I've pissed on a Bison.

I've heard of a story in the 1980's where my friend's father got drunk with 3 of his friends in a jeep racing through the plains, they ran into the buffalos and they started blasting their weapons and killed so many and left to the airport and flew home.

How insane. 1980's, zzz.

This is terrible when you said about your friend's father including his three of his friends went on a spree killing many buffaloes. Those bisons aka buffaloes are very sacred to many of our native tribes in United States and Canada (only in the western part where there is mountains and plains). Show some respect to the buffaloes. We also need them for food and blankets, and making the skin from buffalo to build tipis (white people call the cone building "teepee") and many other uses. In the old days of Wild West, there used to be many millions of buffaloes before the white men killed many buffaloes to make us wipe out by starving without no food from the buffaloes and other wild animals in the bushes. When I was in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I had the best buffalo hamburger and loved the taste of it. It was soooo good to eat buffalo. It tasted better than the cow beef. We don't want to lose our bisons as they are very important to us. Now we have to become modern Indians, but we still have some traditions of being who we are. It is a battle between having us go through the white man's way and our Indian's way. It is all about identity and it is a clash of culture between the two. It is very hard on us. :( :cool2:

Back