Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham debate (ASL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never forgot that you had nightmare with your grandma over creation vs. evolution. You learned the evolution in public school and your mother took you to restaurant to have a lunch with grandma. You told her about evolution and angered her so she hit you with bible book. She took you to church to apologize to Jesus about nonsense statement. :laugh2:

I feel bad for you, but it is ok.

No, that wasn't me. My grandmother never forced religion on me. But, you are right, in public schools they did teach me that at some point a fully developed human being popped out of a monkey's vagina. I did question that ....

No, that wasn't me. My grandmother never forced religion on me. But, you are right, in public schools they did teach me that at some point a fully developed human being popped out of a monkey's vagina. I did question that ....

Don't let you trapped into Foxrac's imaginationland.

Don't let you trapped into Foxrac's imaginationland.

well, I actually remember being hit over the head with a science book. especially when I asked how the heck that fully developed human being that popped out of a monkey's vagina was able to reproduce since he/she was the only fully developed human being at the time that incident occurred.

I was told to stop asking such silly questions ... :roll: But it infuriated one of my Biology instructors that went into a tirade about the evils of religion and how it wasn't allowed in the classroom.

"But I wasn't discussing religion .." I said "but ... but ..."

THONK! Big science book bounced off my forehead.

well, I actually remember being hit over the head with a science book. especially when I asked how the heck that fully developed human being that popped out of a monkey's vagina was able to reproduce since he/she was the only fully developed human being at the time that incident occurred.

I was told to stop asking such silly questions ... :roll: But it infuriated one of my Biology instructors that went into a tirade about the evils of religion and how it wasn't allowed in the classroom.

"But I wasn't discussing religion .." I said "but ... but ..."

THONK! Big science book bounced off my forehead.

If you want learn about creationism - go to religious school or homeschool.

The evolution is taught in public school that is secular that open to all students, regardless on religion status.

Welcome to Georgia's Imaginationland - you will see Mr. God as your region president. :lol:

If you want learn about creationism - go to religious school or homeschool.

The evolution is taught in public school that is secular that open to all students, regardless on religion status.

Welcome to Georgia's Imaginationland - you will see Mr. God as your region president. :lol:

I already learned about evolution in public schools, and creation in private schools.

I learned that when you question evolution in public schools, they point to science books as fact. And when you question creation in private schools they point to the Bible AND science books as fact. Whereas questioning is encouraged in private schools, I found public schools were not very tolerant.

And yes, both institutions indoctrinate. Having experienced both, in grade school and College ( I attended a private College before transferring to Gallaudet ) I found that certain beliefs are openly mocked in public institutions. I find this ... troubling.

I already learned about evolution in public schools, and creation in private schools.

I learned that when you question evolution in public schools, they point to science books as fact. And when you question creation in private schools they point to the Bible AND science books as fact. Whereas questioning is encouraged in private schools, I found public schools were not very tolerant.

The bible book isn't part of educational material at public school, so that why about teachers really have no idea about what are you talking.

You shouldn't went to public school at beginning.

I learned that when you question evolution in public schools, they point to science books as fact. And when you question creation in private schools they point to the Bible AND science books as fact.

No, Not just the science book. There is ALREADY proof from the real lab. Always point at the lab and the book. Don't you take the lab before? That's why so many countries agreed around each for science because they were match. And many countries have so many different religious because they were not match. That's mean someone made up the story and wrote down the bible. How come religious don't point the lab?

No, Not just the science book. There is ALREADY proof from the real lab. Don't you take lab before? That's why so many countries agreed around each for science because they were match. And many countries have so many different religious because they were not match. That's mean someone made up the story and wrote down the bible.

Actually, this isn't exactly true. Finland came in at number 1 a couple of years ago for their public education. They do not censor religion from their public schools. In fact, they teach Christianity as part of their curriculum, with an option for students to opt out.

Rather than teaching children that they were formed out of eons of single cell amoebas sliding and screwing around in muck, they are taught they were created by a benevolent and loving deity. Maybe that does wonders for self esteem? Who knows? teaching children they have value and a purpose for their life?

Actually, this isn't exactly true. Finland came in at number 1 a couple of years ago for their public education. They do not censor religion from their public schools. In fact, they teach Christianity as part of their curriculum, with an option for students to opt out.

Rather than teaching children that they were formed out of eons of single cell amoebas sliding and screwing around in muck, they are taught they were created by a benevolent and loving deity. Maybe that does wonders for self esteem? Who knows? teaching children they have value and a purpose for their life?

Finland has state churches since USA has no state church, so our government can't endorse on religion, so it is all left to citizens to practice.

It maybe little different in states, especially southern states.

Finland has state churches since USA has no state church, so our government can't endorse on religion, so it is all left to citizens to practice.

It maybe little different in states, especially southern states.

But their public education isn't in the toilet like ours ...we used to have religion in schools.

But their public education isn't in the toilet like ours ...we used to have religion in schools.

Yes but not anymore after parents sued school because their children were forced to learn religious lesson, or without parent's permission, so public school have to become neutral and they don't want deal with lawsuit. America is melting pot and they have too many different religion, even not affiliated to religion too.

I took history class and government class before at public school and deaf school, so teachers never tell us about republican or democrat. It isn't public school's thing to endorse on political parties, but they only explained a basic foundation of US government like George Washington was our first president.

But, you are right, in public schools they did teach me that at some point a fully developed human being popped out of a monkey's vagina. I did question that ....

That's not what evolution is about. It's not about something happening all of a sudden, but evolving over time. That's why it's called "evolution."

Anyway, it's interesting you question how "at some point a fully developed human being popped out of a monkey's vagina" while believing everything, including a fully formed human, popped out of nothing.

Between Human and chimpanzee are 95% DNA same. Do you believe that Eve came from Adam's body? It's sounds silly.

Just because 95% of genes are similar between a human and a chimpanzee, it doesn't mean a human evolved from monkeys. This is preposterous. Monkeys are of one species and humans of another. It is a fact that only creatures in a species can reproduce with creatures within the same species. A dog cannot mate with a cat. A bird cannot mate with a fish. You get the gist of it.

While DNA is being talked about, ever notice that creatures have their own numbered set of genes? The number of genes cannot be altered. For example, a pigeon has 80 chromosomes while a brown bear has 74 chromosomes. Since the number of chromosomes are different, a pigeon cannot mate with a brown bear. This one of plethora of reasons why Evolution is false.

Also, look at how complex our bodies are as Evolution couldn't have definitely produced this. The idea of Evolution is akin to the idea that a tornado stormed through a junkyard full of airplane parts and produced a fully working airplane! There is nothing random about our bodies. Look at how all of the bodily systems work together in harmony! Also, think about the eye as it is something impossible to be created via Evolution.

Since the number of chromosomes are different, a pigeon cannot mate with a brown bear. This one of plethora of reasons why Evolution is false.

[/COLOR]

Explain how you came to that conclusion considering our evolution isn't about monkeys mating.

Explain how you came to that conclusion considering our evolution isn't about monkeys mating.

Ambrosia, my point I was attempting to illustrate here is that DNA goes not change in which a pigeon can transform into another animal, let's say a turkey.

This is why man in his foolishness has created such a preposterous theory that will never be proven or verified. It is impossible for all of the varieties of animals, even within a species to have come from a single cell. Think about how carnivores have certain types of animals that they only eat. For example, a fox has a different diet than another animal. If Evolution was true, then they would have all the same diet.

Another thing to think about. Look at how our bodies inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide and then the trees around us inhale that carbon dioxide and produce oxygen. This is not something that happened randomly!

I know it didn't happen randomly, that's what evolution is all about ;)

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about. Your reasoning is faulty, that given evolution everything would have the same duet makes no sense, just everything being created out if nothing, now that's random, fully formed makes no sense. What you believe makes a whole hell of a lot of LESS sense than things evolving gradually over millions of years. So any debate with you is futile.

While I am apathy for a whole Creation vs. Evolution argument, it's nice to see someone provided ASL for that debate. I don't think there are so many videos had done it before.

While I am apathy for a whole Creation vs. Evolution argument, it's nice to see someone provided ASL for that debate. I don't think there are so many videos had done it before.

Yes, I'm happy this video has ASL. :)

I will say this, While I don't believe in evolution.. I don't have a problem with them teaching evolution. I do have a problem with them teaching it as FACT. Evolution should be taught as a working theory. I also believe that if they are gonna teach evolution theory, they should at least acknowledge that there is a creation theory also that is apart from the Bible. I know that creation is taken from the Bible but they have made a theory of creation using science and that should be taught along with evolution theory.

Personally, I just think it's cool a debate is in ASL like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back