Bilateral Audio Jack

LadySekhmet

Reaction score
Since I got two implants, the one thing that I'm curious about is the audio jacks. I now have two, and I can't put two of them together.

If you have Freedom processors, you'll know what I'm talking about...I assume that it's pretty much the same thing for AB users.

I DO have dual silhouettes (pretty much exactly the same as Hatis, but cheaper). BUT, from my experience, if you put your aids on high, hearing people can hear the music through the hearing aids.

So, any suggestions on how to deal with bilateral CIs and audio jacks? It would be really nice if I could use the ones that were provided to me, instead of trying to find a perfect headphone.

Or does anyone know of an adapter that exists to deal with stereo type of audio jacks? (The Hatis look-a-like is mono)

Thanks!

Lady Sekhmet,

I would try Radio Shack. They have an adapter that is y shaped and has a plug at one end and two connectors for two headphones. You could probably plug the two personal audio cables in to this adapter. I am going to try this with my CI and HA so I can listen to my IPOD with both ears.

Back