Big surprise

rongarrett

Reaction score
Went to Audi's for more tweaking of Naidia UP. HA still was not to my liking. Lo and behold got a big surprise. There were two Seimens Nitro HAs waiting. They will extend an additional trial time. Although only two weeks. The Nitros were set same general settings as Naidias.
They actually work much better than the Naidias. Noise control is a whole nother level methinks. I have not experienced a complete controling of noise with any HA I have had until now. These Nitros can distinguish between noise and speech in any setting I have been in. I get mostly silence if someone is not talking to me. Speech is very distinct and clear. The automatic program is the only one on the new HAs. I don't want the Audi to change a thing on this program. Same price as Naidias, but I get a free TV transmitter. No neck loop. Mini tek clips to belt and isn't very visable but handy to reach. Has telcoil and FM program.
Blue tooth works very well also. So far only pros, no cons. Will post again after a couple days useage. Happy camper right now.

Oh that's good that they are working better. :)

My friend has this aid that you are trying, she's not a fan of it and is trying to get the Phonak Naidas.

Everyone is different tho and it's good that you are finding an aid that is better.

Last edited:
that's great! I generally grew up with Siemens from infanthood up to 4th grade! (yes, I still have my 1st hearing aids)

First con, but it is a little one. Last night the mini tek went dead about 8:00 pm. Had to charge it without it finishing the day for me. Off setting pro is that it only took an hour to recharge. Some batteries don't reach full strength until several cycles. Am hoping that is the case here. Not really big thing, but I could possibly miss a call during that hour. Will see if it happens regularly. Noise control just keeps impressing me. My HAs are 701/301 sp Nitro. Same [power as Naidia UP.

Am I right that the mini tek works without the loop/wire thing when on a call, like the ComPilot has?

If I've got it right, then I would say that's very good. I would love the ComPilot to work like that. :)

First con, but it is a little one. Last night the mini tek went dead about 8:00 pm. Had to charge it without it finishing the day for me. Off setting pro is that it only took an hour to recharge. Some batteries don't reach full strength until several cycles. Am hoping that is the case here. Not really big thing, but I could possibly miss a call during that hour. Will see if it happens regularly. Noise control just keeps impressing me. My HAs are 701/301 sp Nitro. Same [power as Naidia UP.

That is why they invented Voicemail:D

Hope I have these that long. So far so good. Still like them the best.

I hope the same thing for you!!!!! (I had one left Siemens aid working, right one may need a new door since it's hard to close and falling apart due to old age LOL!!)

I don't have voice mail. I am available from 5:00 am to 10:00 pm seven days a week. If ya can't call during that time frame ya will prolly miss me !

Safari girl, seems like the nitro is well constructed. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't find a single thing I object to. Well on the way to that.

You still liking them Ron? :)
Yep. The absence of any static or background noise is awsome. They just work as promised every day. Ear moulds are more comfortable now. I really forget I have hearing aids on a lot of times. Do have a couple issues with mini tek that I think Audi can correct. She made minimal changes to the Nitro auto program and is waiting for me to choose which HA I want. I expect to make a lot of progress on Monday. Will report back here.

Yep. The absence of any static or background noise is awsome. They just work as promised every day. Ear moulds are more comfortable now. I really forget I have hearing aids on a lot of times. Do have a couple issues with mini tek that I think Audi can correct. She made minimal changes to the Nitro auto program and is waiting for me to choose which HA I want. I expect to make a lot of progress on Monday. Will report back here.

Thats very good they are working. It's amazing that one person will like one aid and the other will like the other one. It really does depend.

Went to Audi's for more tweaking of Naidia UP. HA still was not to my liking. Lo and behold got a big surprise. There were two Seimens Nitro HAs waiting. They will extend an additional trial time. Although only two weeks. The Nitros were set same general settings as Naidias.
They actually work much better than the Naidias. Noise control is a whole nother level methinks. I have not experienced a complete controling of noise with any HA I have had until now. These Nitros can distinguish between noise and speech in any setting I have been in. I get mostly silence if someone is not talking to me. Speech is very distinct and clear. The automatic program is the only one on the new HAs. I don't want the Audi to change a thing on this program. Same price as Naidias, but I get a free TV transmitter. No neck loop. Mini tek clips to belt and isn't very visable but handy to reach. Has telcoil and FM program.
Blue tooth works very well also. So far only pros, no cons. Will post again after a couple days useage. Happy camper right now.

That's excellent you like them so much! If I remember right you were pretty happy with the Naidas so these new ones must really be great!

Can I ask what your loss is like? I'm mostly interested in how much loss you have in the low ranges. I have a reverse slope loss (worse in the low frequencies) and background noise control is my biggest issue. I'm waiting on the official OK from voc rehab before I start trialing new aids. Hopefully in the next month or two!

That's excellent you like them so much! If I remember right you were pretty happy with the Naidas so these new ones must really be great!

Can I ask what your loss is like? I'm mostly interested in how much loss you have in the low ranges. I have a reverse slope loss (worse in the low frequencies) and background noise control is my biggest issue. I'm waiting on the official OK from voc rehab before I start trialing new aids. Hopefully in the next month or two!

Yes I was happy with the Naidias when I first got them. They were ten times better than what I had. They did not control noise near as well as these Nitros though. I was lucky that the Audi ordered them for me. I had another big surprise waiting yestiddy. Audi lowered price on Nitros because of all the trouble I was having. I still had some little problems with speech understanding with bluetooth. I had been suspecting there might be a problem with my smartfone. {other problems had been cropping up with it.}. I took the money and got a Motorola Razor phone. Problem mostly solved. I also found out that many people do not have good speaking posture over the phone. Some talk too close to the microphone, some hold it too far away. Some talk in the middle of a bunch of yakking people which the phone picks up, and some are talking to you on one of those bargain free phones. I understand most of my friends pretty decently. Audi turned off data learning until we get closer to adjusting all features. She said we were running it ragged changing everything right now. I have a dryer with uv light ordered. Couple three weeks I will be ordering a FM receiver to use at church. All in all I am very pleased with where I am with the HAs. I hear one on one better than I have in 20 years and nearly that good over blue tooth. Audi also activated telecoil which works well, so I have two different avenues to take of phone conversation. My new Razor phone rocks too. The combination seems to be working well. Only minus I would give the Mini tec is that I can only get eight hours of use from it. It won't recharge unles it has quit. The manual volume works only from the mini tec, not the volume wheel on HAs, so when recharging auto program has sole control on volume. I plugged audio cable that came with HA kit into my car radio and enjoyed stero country music on way to Audi yestiddy. Another first in twenty years for me. Hope some of this info helps someone. I also got three year warranty on Has and Audi gave me three years free adjusting too. Pretty happy that I spent the cash wisely.
To answer how my hearing is, left ear I think started at 70db>100db and right ear went 90db> 115db. Hope that is correct way to explain?

Doesn't the data logging need to be on to tell the Audi what changes she needs to make?

My Audi told me today after looking at data logging, I never touch my aids, which is right. I never touch volume or program. I'm on automatic 100% of the time apart from a few times a month I switch to mute.

Doesn't the data logging need to be on to tell the Audi what changes she needs to make?

My Audi told me today after looking at data logging, I never touch my aids, which is right. I never touch volume or program. I'm on automatic 100% of the time apart from a few times a month I switch to mute.

dunno. I trust my audi to get the most out of my HAsw. Yestiddy she gave me a business card to give to Verison so maybe they could make bluetooth a little better. They called her and made some changes in the new phone I just bought from them {Motorola Razor}. After three hours there I think it was a minimal improvement. Going to try silent mode with vibrate only notification . That is where my biggest problem is with bluetooth, {cannot hear notification chime when receiveing a call}. Forgot to ask if she turned data logging back on or not. I will end up with it on though. Still working to try and get things sorted out.

Back