• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
How often do you read your Bible?

I read it years ago so why bother reading it again??

Hmm, I think the last time I read the Bible was in elementary school... probably the 3rd or 4th grade. :dunno:

Hmm, I think the last time I read the Bible was in elementary school... probably the 3rd or 4th grade. :dunno:

Wow did you understand the Bible while you were young?

Yes I was taught to know about bible story when I was young at school as well. My boys were also being taught about Bible at school when they were young as well.

How old are you when you start to learn about Bible?

Sometimes I read the bible with my families during the celebrate, also when I was come out of serious situation, sometimes I read either the bible or the dharma to make me feel better. :)

It's on my reading list, and no I won't believe that its contents are factual or literal. :)

Yes I was taught to know about bible story when I was young at school as well. My boys were also being taught about Bible at school when they were young as well.

How old are you when you start to learn about Bible?

I did not actually read the Bible when I was younger but yeah we learn about religion and Bible stories at school.

It's on my reading list, and no I won't believe that its contents are factual or literal. :)
Agree. There should be warning labels on the Bible, Qu'ran etc....
Would make the world a far better place....
biblewarninglabel.jpg

Agree. There should be warning labels on the Bible, Qu'ran etc....
Would make the world a far better place....
biblewarninglabel.jpg

I disagree. The Bible has made the world a better place. It has helped alot but sadly not the majority of people better in treating other people like they should have been treated. The Bible has told human beings what is right and what is wrong. Without the Bible, we would have no idea what is right and wrong.

I disagree. The Bible has made the world a better place. It has helped alot but sadly not the majority of people better in treating other people like they should have been treated. The Bible has told human beings what is right and what is wrong. Without the Bible, we would have no idea what is right and wrong.

Good point. +1

I was so into God at one time that I had my Bible specially made for me (the book, not the translation). It had beautiful gold edge pages, high quality leather binding and even my name stamped on the front cover in golden lettering.

Hold on to your faith because once it's lost, it's lost forever.

But I am happy nonetheless. :)

Yes, I read daily ... I do the Daily office minimum. I do try to go read the Gospels once a month.

Before I read the Bible, I always based my beliefs on what I was taught during class.

I used to be the director of the deaf children's ministry years ago.

As I read the Bible, I began to realize how a lot of things contradicted with what I was taught or how things didn't make sense. I used to be very religious with my family. I was involved with church meetings, church camps, and weekend fellowships. Now, I think it's just blind faith. I prefer to face reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back