Beyond Frustrated

Hear Again

Reaction score
I've had it with my rechargeable batteries. One of the batteries will not hold a charge despite being in the charger all night. After placing it in the charger yesterday evening and inserting it into my right processor this morning, my processor would not turn on. I'm beyond frustrated at the moment and have decided not to wear my CIs. I have my 3Gs, but don't feel like developing a headache listening to Darth Vader all day long. I don't know what is taking so long in returning my battery cage (I'm guessing it has to do with Medicaid), but I'm to the point where I just want to send my right processor back to Cochlear and be done with it. Does anyone know if Cochlear could send me a refurbished processor in 24 hours? I really don't want to use my 3Gs if I can help it. If that's the only choice I have, I won't wear my CIs at all because I'm extremely irritable and being unable to hear clearly will only irritate me more. By the way, I've already contacted my audi and asked if I could borrow a spare Freedom. This is just my luck considering I have an upcoming appt with her, Lexi and my therapist next week. :mad2:

I'm sorry to hear about this!! Hope the problem get solved soon. I'm guessing you have a faulty battery charger.

Maybe your CI centre will let you go and get a new one the same day

It isn't the battery charger because I have another rechargeable that works fine. I think it's my right Freedom processor that's the problem.

I hope my CI center will allow me to borrow another Freedom because I really don't like the way my 3Gs sound. I also don't like the way it sounds when I wear my Freedom on my left ear and the 3G on my right. Hearing Darth Vader gives me a headache.

Oh sorry, my bad. how soon can they send you a new Freedom? Is your left implant ok?

My left Freedom is working fine, but I can't understand speech very well with it. I'm hoping Cochlear can Fed Ex me a refurbished processor in 24 hours or my CI center will allow me to borrow one for a few days. I could use a tactile terp for my appts, but when I see my therapist next week, I'd rather not due to privacy even though I know terps are bound by the CoE.

Hopefully you'll get a new one in the next few days!!

Hang in there girl. I know it is so easy for me to say those words but really hang in there.

I can understand the frustration you are going through. :hug: Hang in there honey. I can sense the panicky frustration.

Check your PM.

I am sorry to hear this. Lets hope they would be sorted as soon as possible.

Might be worth giving Cochlear an email explaining your suitation...

Chin up and take deep breath.

I am trying Charlotte. I really am, but I didn't get any sleep last night due to a darn toothache and I ended up missing my dental appt this morning because I lost track of time. I'll send Cochlear an e-mail and see what they have to say.

:ty: Mrs Bucket. I just responded to your PM. I am panicked, but I am also hypomanic right now due to not getting any sleep last night as well as my bipolar. Since this is my thread, I thought I'd mention that to clarify why my posts are written in the tone they are. I'm trying to be patient, but it is proving difficult. I shouldn't even be on AD when I'm in this kind of a mood, but being on the computer helps distract me.

Thats perfectly understandable. You got quite few good cyber friends on here that understands too...

Hey, did you know that i passed 1000 posts, not that it's a big deal lol!!

I am getting up at 5 tomorrow morning to race a boat round the sodding island (i love it really!) there would be thousands of sailing boats out there!

My dog got little swimming pool in the garden which he loves and would spend hours in it just to see if he could dig the bottom of it!! silly dog.

:ty: Mrs Bucket. I just responded to your PM. I am panicked, but I am also hypomanic right now due to not getting any sleep last night as well as my bipolar. Since this is my thread, I thought I'd mention that to clarify why my posts are written in the tone they are. I'm trying to be patient, but it is proving difficult. I shouldn't even be on AD when I'm in this kind of a mood, but being on the computer helps distract me.

I do understand and you have every right to be on AD.

Being on AD helps you in many ways that I have realised now that I didn't understand before.

Hang in there girl. :hug:

:ty: Mrs Bucket. :)

I have some good news. I called Cochlear via relay and was told they will send me a new cable coil. They suspect that the cable coil isn't making a strong connection to the internal implant. They also suggested that I bring my battery and charger to my audi appt next week so she can determine if there is a problem with the charger. I was told that the rechargeable batteries have a shelf life of one year and mine are 2 years old. I should receive the cable coil on Monday. I'm happy now because I won't have to go very long without hearing. I've decided to wear my Freedom in my left ear and my 3G turned down low in my right ear so I at least have some bilateral sound.

By the way, the person I spoke to was very nice and patient. As I said, I called using relay because I can't understand speech very well with my left CI yet she spent all of the time necessary to allow me to ask questions and receive clarification.

I am glad for this HearAgain and even happier to know you had wonderful people that helped you. Bless those people. Some days, we really need to have those people and they come in when they know they are needed. They are called "saints". Bless them.

HearAgain , did u tried switching the controllers in your CIs? just a suggestion? it might be a faulty controller.or the batteries between them if you haven't done already.

Also it surprises me you don't have any spare coils , when I'm at my last coil even if it's working , I'm making sure to order another one.Right now I have one as a back up.

Switch the coil cables too , see if it makes any difference.Just trying to help ya there.

Lots of hugs.

I am sorry...wish I was more of a help. Hang in there!

:D:D I'm glad they were really helpful!! Especially when you're feeling not very much yourself at the moment!! Hang in there :D:D

(hugs)

take care!!!

Back