Beyond Frustrated

SkullChick,

I tried placing the battery cage for my left processor in the right processor, but it turns itself off after 2 minutes. An online friend is mailing me a new battery cage so I can find out if the one I have is defective. I'm starting to think that the problems I'm having are either due to the cable coil or the processor itself. My cable coil will be arriving from Cochlear tomorrow, so I should know more at that time.

I know I'm behind,
But be sure to bring your charger (I think you mentioned that already), and all your batteries. I know you can't see, but when a battery is going bad, the lights go red.

I haven't had any issues with anything of the sort, except when I had to replace my rechargeables to the newly designed ones. The newly designed one is just a notch smaller than the older one as it was cracking my battery processor..thank goodness that Cochlear replaced them all and gave me 4 new batteries.

Hugs

Thanks Lady. When I see my audi (I still have not heard back from her) I will bring everything with me to my appointment. I'm going to try replacing the coil cable tomorrow. Today didn't go so well for me, so I'll do it tomorrow and will let you know what happens.

Hear Again,

Do you mark your batteries for left and right to keep them with the same side all the time?
You mentioned if you put the battery in the other side, it works right?

Do you have a friend that can look at the charger when the batteries are in the slots. I have had battery charging problems in the past and for me, when the batteries have trouble, I get a really fast flashing light on the charger. Normally, it is 3/4 second constant flash. When the battery won't charge, it is like a 1/4 second flash. Sometimes it is a mixed 1/4 second flash with a 3/4 second flash. This for me is an easy check and from my experience, is when the battery is finished and ready for replacing. I learned this when Cochlear sent me a new charger and there was no change in operation.

Do you have disposable batteries you can fall back on? This is how I got through when my rechargeables would no longer take a charge. I always keep some disposable around

I know for me, I am pushing the parts pretty hard as I only get one day out of a recharge. Start at 5:30A and end the day around 11:30P. The battery normally quits around 11:15P. Not much sleep for me except on the weekends.

Hope things get straightened out. The CI's seam to have worked for a good while for you and you seam to have done really well with them. Between you and your Audi, you'll get this figured out and be back to normal soon.
Keep your head high. For me, even with the hickups, being able to hear still beats the alternative. I chose to go bilateral partly due to the chance I would need to get some service because I push the product really hard. I view these CI's much the same as I do an automobile. Works wonderfully 99% of the time and 1% of the time, they need some work and don't function as I would like but they still provide so much freedom.

Back