Best Places to retire

basically those on social security that proberly worked most of life got no pension they can afford a box.
I lucky me oldman got his works pension aswell as oap as have iAt least I live by North sea which can be freezing

basically those on social security that proberly worked most of life got no pension they can afford a box.
I lucky me oldman got his works pension aswell as oap as have iAt least I live by North sea which can be freezing

I told my sister my next move will be into a private one room condo .

if anything happens to oldman I going to sell up and live in one of those one or 2 roomed homes near my son they have little garden and you pay small amount ground money each year not sure if that like a condo..it more or less fixed caravan no wheels

I've been fortunate as I lived in several states and was able to travel in North America as an adult. Adults settle where they were raised, or near family, or near things they like. I've done it all. I like large bodies of water, four seasons, great parks and mountains within a reasonable drive. For me this is two places. The funny thing is today I live in one, but I could easily live in either.

If one likes an urban area with ease of shopping, job opportunity, and great entertainment for singles and families, that has super-sized parks that are green then you might like Peoria, Illinois. It is a STEM city with a low cost of living. In other words the COL is about the same in all the states that surround it. The State of Illnois does not tax your Social Security or your retirement pension dollars. On the other hand if you like a much smaller town where fishing, and hunting is surrounded by nature and tall cliffs you will probably like Grove, Oklahoma. The lake is enormous, the state park excels at features for RV and Primitive campers. It is within an hour drive of three mountain ranges. There are plenty of places to play and things to do in Grove, and in the mountains of Western Arkansas. On the whole, the COL is not much different than central Illinois.

I've been fortunate as I lived in several states and was able to travel in North America as an adult. Adults settle where they were raised, or near family, or near things they like. I've done it all. I like large bodies of water, four seasons, great parks and mountains within a reasonable drive. For me this is two places. The funny thing is today I live in one, but I could easily live in either.

If one likes an urban area with ease of shopping, job opportunity, and great entertainment for singles and families, that has super-sized parks that are green then you might like Peoria, Illinois. It is a STEM city with a low cost of living. In other words the COL is about the same in all the states that surround it. The State of Illnois does not tax your Social Security or your retirement pension dollars. On the other hand if you like a much smaller town where fishing, and hunting is surrounded by nature and tall cliffs you will probably like Grove, Oklahoma. The lake is enormous, the state park excels at features for RV and Primitive campers. It is within an hour drive of three mountain ranges. There are plenty of places to play and things to do in Grove, and in the mountains of Western Arkansas. On the whole, the COL is not much different than central Illinois.

I went to visit some friends in Oklahoma during the summer and it was way too hot there for me.

The best place after retirement is to live in a peaceful place and doing agriculture or to maintain a garden.

My hubby and my plans for retirement are to sell whatever house we have and buy a motorhome to travel. That is if money and health permits.

Back