Best cities for the Deaf

TXgolfer

Dream Weaver
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I live in the DFW area and there don't seem to be alot of Deaf/HoH groups (maybe I don't know where to look). Are there any cities that people find to be better than others?

Rochester, New York is considered to be the most deaf friendly city in the United States.

Lot of Deafs also in Maryland. Places such as Frederick, and other cities close DC.

Indianapolis, IN is one of these cities. At least, I would like to think so.

I like Indianapolis alot. I haven't been to Rocheter and Haven't been to DC since I was a kid. I will have to check them out.

Indianapolis IND, Rochester NY, Washington DC, Near Bay (i forget what town), California, Austin Texas.

Ok I am starting to get really bored living in Dallas. I am trying to pick my next city to live in.....Thinking about starting a poll and letting people pick my new.....US.....home. If you have a vote chime in now.....lol

Rochester, NY
Austin, TX
Washington, DC
New York, New York
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL

If you want cheapest yet Deaf Friendly city, then Rochester NY would be top on list. I am not sure about Austin cost of living. Yup, I am in Rochester, NY.

Rochester, NY
Austin, TX
Washington, DC

Rochester is most deaf friendly city. Almost hearing people know ASL for working business stores, restaurants and some services in Rochester to communicate with deaf customers. I was former RIT student but I dislike to live there because reason of colder weather.

Indianapolis, IN
Chicago, IL
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Seattle, WA
Rochester, NY
Washington DC
Austin, TX

Dallas/Fort Worth is horrible and too wide. Everybody complain it's too far to go around. Sheesh. Otherwise, Austin is pretty awesome.

Hey, what's wrong with Boston, Massachusetts??? :giggle:

Deaf people from Rochester, NY and Charlotte, NC were so friendly when I moved there. That was 33 years ago.

Hey, what's wrong with Boston, Massachusetts??? :giggle:

Deaf people from Rochester, NY and Charlotte, NC were so friendly. That's where I used to live.

Right, Framingham, MA. I used to live in brighton MA. Lots of educated peeps who works in framingham, ma.

Back