Best Buy or Verizon for buying new iPhone

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
My friend want to purchase new iPhone 5s at $149.99 sale (reg. $199.99) in Best Buy store but we need deaf data plan instead of shared plan. Can he ask Best Buy rep if approval for this plan? If they can't, we must go to Verizon Wireless store to buy new one at $199.99 and they make approval for discount price of data????? Anyone had purchased any smartphone at Best Buy store and give discount data???

My friend want to purchase new iPhone 5s at $149.99 sale (reg. $199.99) in Best Buy store but we need deaf data plan instead of shared plan. Can he ask Best Buy rep if approval for this plan? If they can't, we must go to Verizon Wireless store to buy new one at $199.99 and they make approval for discount price of data????? Anyone had purchased any smartphone at Best Buy store and give discount data???

I have a deaf friend who recently got a new Samsung Galaxy S4 from Verizon for $.01, and I can ask him if they have a deaf plan.

What s for 1 cent? :dunno:

My friend's ex-girlfriend, who I'm good friends with, told me he got a Samsung Galaxy S4 for just $.01, but that was in Iowa, and I don't know if there any such deals there where you live. You may want to check on-line for such a deal. You might be able to save some mega bucks, but I'm not trying to influence you, though.

Our Verizon store said that they have no deaf plan but I do not know if that is true. They are NOT deaf friendly here in this town.

Our Best Buy is friendly and I like them. If you get phone insurance with them you walk out with a new phone. No kidding. However, they can't authorize a deaf plan with any carrier. That has to be done with the carrier. You can buy a phone anywhere they said but your deaf plan must be from the company. I would check on that too. I know that another place wanted you to buy your phone and service from them to have a deaf plan.

Our Verizon store said that they have no deaf plan but I do not know if that is true. They are NOT deaf friendly here in this town.

Our Best Buy is friendly and I like them. If you get phone insurance with them you walk out with a new phone. No kidding. However, they can't authorize a deaf plan with any carrier. That has to be done with the carrier. You can buy a phone anywhere they said but your deaf plan must be from the company. I would check on that too. I know that another place wanted you to buy your phone and service from them to have a deaf plan.

You are correct in saying that if you wanted phone insurance, it had to be done with the carrier itself. I have a Cricket phone, which is covered by insurance, and the store I go to IS deaf friendly. In fact, the first time I stepped through that door, and told them I was deaf and looking for an affordable phone, they whisked out a webcam phone, and I hadn't yet mentioned I was looking for one, and I walked out of that store with a brand new phone, and happy. I have not regretted that since.

I would recommend setting the plan up directly at a verizon store and perhaps bringing along headache meds. They do have a deaf/HoH plan. In my experience they denied it over and over until I handed them my phone open to this web page on their site: Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless
Then it was like "ohhhhhh" and about 15 minutes later they figured out how to set it up. When my contract expired I had to go back to the store and repeat the process because online it tried to force me into a regular plan.
Good luck! They do have great coverage worth the hassle.

Because they were an idiot without research first or too lazy to read whole the plan policy. I use VZ Deaf plan for almost 5 years. Find other dealer then.

Back