Best buy Job position Issue

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I've applied for Best Buy 2 or 3 times in the past. Not one call or an interview. Its all b.s. They don't know about me, their loss.

Same here, I applied few times but nobody want to hire me after worked at Walmart for 3 years.

I recommended you to discuss with general manager and district manager. Just explain about about your situation with employer that refuse to hire you.

If not resolved, you can try to call media outlet (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) and share with your problem about Best Buy. *Credit to TXGolfer for suggestion*

Email or VP to NAD.

Discuss with representative at EEOC if methods don't work and you may need get VR counselor to help.

Wirelessly posted

sequoias said:

I've applied for Best Buy 2 or 3 times in the past. Not one call or an interview. Its all b.s. They don't know about me, their loss.

Keep applying :)

Really, there are different ways of communicating with the customers. I don't understand why most hearing people cant get past that. Seems like they are the ones who have limited minds, not us, deaf people.

Really, there are different ways of communicating with the customers. I don't understand why most hearing people cant get past that. Seems like they are the ones who have limited minds, not us, deaf people.

Really, OP blew the phone interview - when interviewer asked him how can he communicate with customer and he basically said "have someone else take care of it and I'll focus on computer problem." He should say, "I can communicate with customer by write notes and I never had any problem with communicate with hearing people." You have to give positive answer in any job interview.

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:

I completely agree with you some hearing people.

Really, OP blew the phone interview - when interviewer asked him how can he communicate with customer and he basically said "have someone else take care of it and I'll focus on computer problem." He should say, "I can communicate with customer by write notes and I never had any problem with communicate with hearing people." You have to give positive answer in any job interview.

The English wasn't his first language and I know him since 2006 in gaming section.

He told us about his situation with employer in ASL - that's not same as English.

The English wasn't his first language and I know him since 2006 in gaming section.

He told us about his situation with employer in ASL - that's not same as English.

I know ASL isn't English. Are you saying he can't write and read?

Just as well. Let sleeping wolves lie... You most likely don't want to work there when you find out how they do things internally. Those of you who have worked there, do you know what a DEVO item means?

DEVO- Defective Equipment Void of Operation

huh-oh? I never work at Best Buy and none of my friend works there.

Just as well. Let sleeping wolves lie... You most likely don't want to work there when you find out how they do things internally. Those of you who have worked there, do you know what a DEVO item means?

diehardbiker said:
DEVO- Defective Equipment Void of Operation

huh-oh? I never work at Best Buy and none of my friend works there.

The open box items sold at best buy?

Since nearly a day has passed, DEVO items mean items that don't work, and they were called "Devoid of Operation." Close, but not quite. After what I went through there, I never, ever will set foot in Best Buy. I hope they totally lose their asses when a solar flare hits.

Circuit City is an electronic store. Your friend worked as a window technician there? Do you mean a computer technician?

Window technicians are professionals who specialize in installing or replacing windows in houses or buildings.

Nevertheless I understand your point about deaf people usually getting the job done well and fast. But the original poster in this thread talked about audism at Best Buy.
windows as in Windows XP, Vista, Windows7...ect... Im sure it was easy enough to figure out because BestBuy and Circuit City doesn't sell House windows also known as Replacement Windows.

windows as in Windows XP, Vista, Windows7...ect... Im sure it was easy enough to figure out because BestBuy and Circuit City doesn't sell House windows also known as Replacement Windows.

Circuit City went bankrupted, same goes to Compusa too.

Back