Best "alerting" systems.

marcyp06

Reaction score
I'm looking to outfit a condo with any and all available technologies. My girlfriend has a vibrating alarm, but that's it. I want a doorbell notification, fire alarm, ability to hook in baby monitor... suggestions?

Sonic Alert.

I've been using their products for 25 years now and I've only had to replace one thing in all that time.

Used to have all those alarms....until lightning struck while I was out of town...now...my doggie & my cat... (that's right, my cat) is my alarm...both run to the door when someone's knocking...and my doggie alerts me when I'm sleeping if she hears something outside...(jumping and barking all over the bed). I do have 2 fire alarms with lights tho'.

I found sonic alarm to be more reliable than Ameriphone products. Had 2 main units and one remote unit of Ameriphone brand crap out in under a year or two.

Tried the Deafalarm iPhone app for fire safety when sleeping, but it vibrates for no reason sometimes when you're sleeping so I would not recommend it for its intended purpose. But it does flash when it hears anything loud, which is sometimes useful.

There are some iPhone apps for general sound recognition like Digital Ear that recognize the sounds you record like doorbells, oven alarms, fire alarms, etc. Can flash and vibrate the phone if you want. Only problem is it's tricky to make good recordings for it to use and it doesn't recognize anything by default. And doesn't integrate with wifi light bulbs or anything.

alert-alarm-clock_hearing.jpg

The best is silent call but the most expensive.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Oh damn, that's cute. Well, that means a dog has to be trained to do that as well as responding to an audible fire alarm. That is, if people living there are not allergic to pets.

Finlay love his job as a hearing dog , he got a cookie each time. He would try to made the phone ring and he wanted a cookie when I made a phone call. I told him it did not work that way . LOL!

I use sonic alert and its more reliable and flashing sequence are noticeable than Alertmaster. When I moved into big home, I noticed that my Sonic alert had issue because house wire was more than 50 ft long and it tend to lose contact with receivers. Sometime receiver flickers for no reason. I called SA tech support. They told me to install capacitor in fusebox. This would help fix the problems. I got capacitor from them but did not have chance to install it. My hearing kids and my cats was my alarm. Soon I will move in smaller home and I would be able to use SA again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I am not happy MasterAlert System, big problem.. I try other, I unlike it,

I got new two CA-360 from Serene Innovations at http://www.sereneinnovations.com/

I got two CA-360 master will work toghter, with Ca-LX for light flasher.. wow..beautifual green LED, day, dim LED is light, Night is dark LED, it is Automatic DIM, Shake is wow, I never before.. it is smart shake like ..|...||...|||...more |||||||.. lazy..they more |||||||||||||.. but my old |..|..|..| boored! go sleep, CA-360 is BETTER BETTER, I had CA-PX Pager it is beauttiful than old pager.. wow CA-360 support multi-door, multi-alert sound, multi-baby, wow never new deterion moniton, if use baby (CA-BX) AA battery 8-10 month, if "low-battery, they will send to CA-360 beep say "BATT" mean need buy new battery replace it, but old or other don't have low-send to Mater, CA-360 is BETTER !!! try it i love it also CA-360 have two shake bed if two bed ca-360 to one and other one bed, it is GREAT.. also if you buy Pager (Ca-PX) or SOS (CA-SX), if you have wife keep remote SOS, what happen accident press SOS.. send to clock system or page will flasher or shake.. CA-360 is GREAT!! you look website http://www.sereneinnovations.com/ they are very smart!!

New universal device

I am new to this blog. I am not deaf but work for a company that is developing a new device for deaf. This blog is so helpful to understand the deaf needs. What an eye opener for me! There is a lot to do. Bit there is a slight idea about what device is capable of http://www.monitormyalerts.com/
Please comment what do you think and what can be improved.

Thank you

I am new to this blog. I am not deaf but work for a company that is developing a new device for deaf. This blog is so helpful to understand the deaf needs. What an eye opener for me! There is a lot to do. Bit there is a slight idea about what device is capable of http://www.monitormyalerts.com/
Please comment what do you think and what can be improved.

Thank you

Wow! What s price each device? I can use my Pebble watch which alerts let me know when you've got a new text or notification from my iPhone via bluetooth.

Back